5Toubun no Hanayome

Contributor
@Snowbold
Chapter 36 is the chapter for this week. There wasn't supposed to be a chapter last week since it was Golden Week

@Hanen
I just started reading this, but... didn't anyone catch that in the first chapter... the "bride" addresses herself in third person? that's so cringy.
In Japanese, I know second person speech is considered very informal, so instead they address people by their names instead of any form of "you." Sounds very weird to English speakers and so it wouldn't surprise me if they have something similar to drop 1st person that just doesn't translate very well.

@DeusVult well i meant in the context, the author, if it was even the author, was trying to keep the mystery of the bride right? She's name dropping all her sisters AND herself in third person... which is odd, because no matter what language you're speaking, there is a pronoun to say "I". So... I just think that whole sequence fails to deliver the right way, the mystery. The author shouldn't have let her name drop if it was going to be awkward going forward.

but that's just me :D

Dex-chan lover
Even though I know itsuki will probably win in the end, she's the worst. Absolutely the worst.

she just appeared first is all.

Honestly, it doesnt matter who wins. In the end that girl will look extremely generic at their wedding. Hope author trolls us and we get all 5 brides in a foreign country. Probably not though.

Contributor
Volume 4 is out today! Be sure to buy it if you want to support the series (and get it an anime). It doesn't matter if you can't read Japanese.
Digital versions are fine too! Try amazon.co.jp for physical and ebookjapan for digital! Use 五等分の花嫁 to search
Volume 4 covers the whole field trip arc and includes a bunch of fixes with the perhaps the most
notable one being chapter 28 (see /a/nonymous's credit page for that chapter).
Maybe you'll be able to spot the rest of them in /a/nonymous's re-releases!

Users who are viewing this thread