5Toubun no Hanayome

Dex-chan lover
N20AaT0.jpg

"I didn't get in art academy. Maybe invading Poland is a better career."

Aggregator gang
Kinda wondering. What's with the two translators? Kinda annoying to get two follows of the same manga. It's there a function to allow only one translator of a given manga?

let's filter out LH translations lol. anyways maybe she's the milf err I mean mom. yeah their mom lol

For those who don't know, in ch41 Fuutarou replies 'Seems like it's better for you to study a little more' to Itsuki's comment about the moon being pretty.
This is a reference to the popular idea that the phrase 'the moon is pretty' (tsuki ga kirei desu ne) is an appropriate and less direct way to say 'I love you' (hence Fuutarou surprised face).

This stems for a widespread, yet sourceless, anectode about english teacher and writer Natsume Soseki. Allegedly he once corrected one of his students, who tranlated the english 'I love you' word for word in japanese, on the grounds that japanese people, by culture, are not that direct, especially in romance. He then stated that commenting on the moon being pretty was more than enough to convey one's feelings for the loved one.
This stems from an antiquated, yet extremely romanticized notion that men shouldn't express their feelings openly. It was more appropriate to use roundabout ways, that combined with the situation (perhaps a moonlit walk with a member of the opposite sex) would hint at unspoken feelings of affection, subtelties that remained for the other one to pick up.
Nowadays this anecdote is so well known that it can be found in many mainstream medias, such as dramas, literature and, in this case, manga. Too bad Itsuki doesn't seem to know.

Dex-chan lover
It can't be Itsuki. Please let it be Nino. I feel like we've haven't seen her in the same light as her sisters so please let it be her.

Contributor
Well, it can't be Yotsuba because she has an alibi and it can't be Nino because she doesn't know Fuutarou looked like that in the past.

Oh man who it gonna be... Miku ? Nino ? Itsuki ? Yotsuba ? Ichika ?

Uesugi sister in disguise ?

The mustache director dude in disguise ? ?

What is the meaning of the word
"Rena"
? Maybe we might find some hint.

Users who are viewing this thread