Fed-Kun's army
@RyoSaeba "if he was more into Iino (because he obviously still is)" .... Ishi was never interested in Iino as anything other than a colleague and maybe a friend. He has never shown any bit of love interest towards her.

Dex-chan lover
@Pen3 I honestly don't think so, there is definitely something going on between them, the way they have been interacting with each other from the beginning, it shows there is interest: the issue is they're both so focused about what they DON'T like about each other, that they can't see what they do (yet).
Tsubame took notice of their interactions many chapters ago, which is why initially she didn't take Ishigami's confession seriously.
Not every relationship starts with huge "love interest" to one another, this is such case, where they simply took notice of each other very early on and this is building up slowly, step by step., even if you (reader) don't like it.

Double-page supporter
Honestly, I think Iino interaction with Ishigami is because how those two always are.
I'll take myself for example, but I'm absolutely terrible at dealing with depressed people. The best I can do is cracking some poor jokes, staying friendly and trying to banter a bit to cheer them up back to their usual self.

I think that's what Iino tried to do. She wanted to make him react with their usual banter when she goes overboard and he tsukkomi her. Simply because SHE DOESN'T KNOW what else to answer.

But that backfired horribly here because she trashtalked and made him feel even worse.

Aggregator gang
Ishigami still proving why he's the Best Character. Dang man, this guy need a hug, though technically, he did get it.
So now is Fujiwara next....what kind of crazy stuffs will we be getting I wonder?

Dex-chan lover
Iino wants to be encouraged Iino wants to dominate 😩 /ourguy/ almost died for real. Chika should join the Silverman Gym. For some reason I feel that there’s me lots of ShindoL-esque doujins with Tsubame-senpai.

I dislike this development immensely. For the point of this arc being to set up Ishigami and Iino growing closer together (albeit in a garbage, contrived way) I'm a little confused that the author decided to also make Iino extremely unlikable in this chapter (to an out-of-character extent). Tsubame's character deserves better than this arc's slandering her and I can only hope that in the future she'll get some kind of redemption. But I don't see how she can win over Iino after this, unfortunately.

Double-page supporter
@Bohrain
You have to remember that Maki is from an offshoot family of the Shinomiya clan, so it's not that surprising.

Ooh, I don't like Tsubame's character destruction in this arc. She was so awesome before...

Dex-chan lover
Ishigami and Maki. Iino was a BiTcH this chapter. She usually isn't even that bad. And Tsubame is clearly out.

Dex-chan lover
Iino discourse aside, I am particularly hyped for the ramen emperors to finally return.

Dex-chan lover
@nazarmf It's not character destruction. She's a confused teenager who tries way too hard to not hurt others, and in turn devalued herself and thought she owed something to Ishigami. In her attempt to not hurt him, she made it worse basically, once she realized he was way more serious about the romance than she thought, and tried to break it off with weak excuses (she told Kaguya the the "Long distance" can be worked around), her university is like 28 minutes by train.

@pokefairy Did we read the same chapter? She's clearly still in the bowl. Also fun fact, the part where she says "You're really too kind..." is wrong. She actually used "Tsubamenese", which implies she was excited in some capacity, and why Ishigami didn't get it.

Users who are viewing this thread