Dex-chan lover
Destroy the world meaning calling forth Ragnarok? What is Ragnarok thou? We need a Norse mythology expert here.

So Royals are just fu in their head like totally,
1) they tried to kill Ymir,
2) when she wounded got sudden power they just forced her to do their bidding (are she idiot? why she just not massacred them for attempted murder by them?)
3) was raped by them
4) her body was fed to her own kids

its so funny to hear from Zeke "I'm royal, obey me!" - after all the sht royals (his maternal ancestors) done to Ymir

@penek
Well, similar things happen with real world abuse victims all the time. In Ymir's case, since she was extremely little she was captured, had her tongue cut out, and lived as a slave. Based on the way all of the other slaves pointed to her as a scapegoat for the pigs so easily, she likely had no one to rely on either. Growing up like this would obviously fuck with her and make her too afraid to ever try to escape as this is all she ever knew, even to the point where she kept serving the king's descendants 2000 years after her death. Eren being essentially the first person in her whole long life to treat her as a human being who deserves a choice is what finally pushed her over the edge in the panel where she cries.

Also with Zeke, yeah i think that whole scene is to somewhat shift things from looking upon Zeke in a better light than Eren to looking upon Eren in a better light than Eren. Due to, Eren going from being particularly evil last chapter to now being way more sympathetic, since we sympathize with Ymir now and he is trying to help her finally be free. Where as Zeke has gone from trying to ease the pain of the Eldians who will live shitty lives to attempting to "enslave" Ymir just like the first king and so many other founding holders did.

Double-page supporter
The Ymir part was way too quick, should have been more spread out in past chapters and should be given more time, which it undoubtedly will, but this is otherwise good. That is, as long as that little brat gets squashed. Conversely, it's kind of lazy to blame an ancient king and have plot armor of immediate spin regrowth, again, through the power of talking, which is kind of annoying.

As for the people acting like this is 1000IQ and godly planning, you've clearly never taken an English class or creative writing of any kind. It's executed well, but the first rule to writing fiction is knowing the beginning and the ending of a story. Doing this, the "amazing foreshadowing" shouldn't be so amazing, it should be box standard.

It's hilarious how bipolar the comments on this series are as of late, one minute absolutely trashing it, then praising it as god writing.

On an unrelated note, what is the centipede ass looking spine. On another unrelated note, RIP to all the missing chapters.

@Yautja
While the power of talking is annoying, a LOT of motherfucking people were killed to reach that point, which I am pleased about.

I agree with you on the standard when it comes to writing. A shame that when it comes to entertainment media most of it falls short.

Ahhh im having a bonner of the hype!!
I was waiting for this moment!

Double-page supporter
@Lewdhandholding
I have a whole rant brewing in my head about the standards of most of the anime community. I love anime and manga, but if people had actually read "normal" books and payed attention in English class, ratings and standards would be so much different. Instead, we're usually stuck with taste, hype or enjoyment for barometers. Stuff that visibly and drastically changes over time.

I've got a series I read as a kid just popping into my head that foreshadow wise, does the exact same shit as this. A bunch of other books and authors are also popping into my head. It's a shame how these sorts of things are ignored in general, but in manga / anime especially.

@Yautja I'm feeling you about this needing to be more consistent. Don't know if it is the author's plan about making this so confusing, like Eren changing his mind and acting so different that quick, but it feels kind of rushed.

However it was emotionally intense. If I think about everything Eren lived, and what he felt, and what he tried to protect, and then Ymir's past gets revealed, it's impact on me hits harder and that's what I felt as he shouted. I'm not trying to say this is absolutely brilliant, but everything that happened to get the story here makes this feeling a deep and intense one for me.

Dex-chan lover
Dammm..

I know this world is so f*cked up.
But i dont imagine this f*cked up..

What an *sshole king,
Ymir protect him with her life and still being killed, chopped up, and order her children to eat her..

@ Yautja I think it comes with most manga being written by the seat oF the pants, especially weekly ones, so when one has good foreshadowing and pay off and actually pulls it off without it getting axed or retconned people go crazy. Not to knock on SnK cause I think is still quite good

Users who are viewing this thread