Fed-Kun's army
Well, you don't typically use a taser if you want someone dead. Tasering is more of a preparatory step for shipping a dude to Siberia in a crate full of bootleg pretty cure dvds. I've been told.

Dex-chan lover
I fuckin' knew he was evil.

@TheAmazingNil Completely pointless. First he's an evil cat killer, ah but actually he likes cats, oh but actually actually he's evil and probably killed his mother and definitely killed Tanaka.

The author had no idea what to do with the character and was probably writing it on the fly based on the reception of the audience.

the author is always ambiguous when it comes to the teacher, i wont jump easily to conclusion this time.
For what we know, it maybe another red herring, like perhaps the cat abuser is so ashamed and went into hiding (after being tased and interrogated perhaps)

Group Leader
My dumb ass mixed up "missing" with "wanted" and thought Zen just reported a known cat killer to the police. I thought it was an asspull from the author to explain the deaths of the cats and wrap up the arc in one chapter. After reading the comments i realized it was yet another well executed twist.

Also, Miko and Julia finally addressed the elephant in the room. Good for them. I expected the confession to be more dramatic though. Instead it's like they've already talked about it before. I guess it's an "i know you know" situation.

@TheAmazingNil
A good story doesn't have to be all happy and feel good. I think the twist adds yet another layer to Zen's character and makes him even more interesting.

Im guessing Zen did not rally killed the cats (based on the comments below) but i believe he killed his mother. Also something is brewing nicely.

@BestBoy
> The author had no idea what to do with the character and was probably writing it on the fly based on the reception of the audience.

I feel like you're saying the author comes here and reads comments <_<

Dex-chan lover
I cannot wait to find out about the guardian spirits. They've been this powerful presence that just showed up, but now they're watching her.

The teacher not being super on the up and up is interesting, too. He's not just traumatized by his mother's spirit, but he's also at the very least capable of seriously harming another person, if not outright fucking killing them. He could've turned him into the police, but he tazed him and did god knows what afterwards cause no one saw him again. It's a reminder that this world is still really dangerous. I love it, everything feels like it has huge stakes which makes things like Miko using what she thinks is her last way out in a selfless manner hit hard.

Fed-Kun's army
The storybuilding on this one is excellent. Keep it up author and scanlators.

@BestBoy
It's unfortunately very obvious that the author originally didn't think any further than his first appearance in the earlier chapter then tried to retroactively push him back into the story. It leads to a bunch of plot holes and really clumsy writing. This entire arc could have been easily replaced with something else and would have been better off for it.

@Doyamoko361
No part of my complaint had to do with it being a "sad" or "unhappy" story arc. It had everything to do with the clumsy writing of the arc and how it felt like a long string of wasted time.

Double-page supporter
i never had my urge to protect maxed out in one panel before. that's new.

this teacher's pretty ice cold huh. can't say i blame him though. found that guy.

Double-page supporter
I think those mikos and their god just want a Human Miko. I mean they were quite in remote place. It's normal for them to have some followers or some sort..

Dex-chan lover
@amZa He seems to be like Dexter from the TV show? Psychopath who kills other psychopaths. He loves cats and doesn't give a shit about humans and if any human hurts cats, he kills them.
@BestBoy All it means is that every person is complicated and doesn't fall neatly in a box of good or evil.

BCS

Dex-chan lover
I don't think this manga can handle serious universe-building, but hey, prove me wrong

Users who are viewing this thread