Garou's outward appearance is changing dramatically
1. hair is now straight & pointy
2. black eyes, white pupil which look just like monster's
3. entire body seems recovered (garou look beat up at the beginning of the fight)
4. bandage wrapping around his body now looks combined

Dex-chan lover
@greatninja3 I'm well aware that bodybuilders use bronzer. Which is why I mentioned it in my comment. Problem being, there's no bronzer as dark as he appears in the anime. I suppose you could say it's a riff on bodybuilders' appearances, but I think making him 9ft tall and 4ft wide was obvious enough. Like I said before, I'm just gonna pretend he's still a black guy when I'm reading since I like it better that way.

Dex-chan lover
@kurohanani How dark he was in the anime is definitely too dark to just be bronzer and such. Fully possible the anime just wasn't on the same page though. Honestly I'm kinda skeptical the earlier chapters of this series were even on the same page as it's now on, but maybe. Anime nearly no way though.

Fed-Kun's army
I think Murata has done a lot of things bad with this version (mainly ruining the pacing) but I like what he did here with Darkshine and gradual Garou transofrmation. It feels more fleshed out rather than the usual padding feel he gives out. Great chapter!

And lol I knew people would be going about DS skin color. He's a ridiculous super hero, I dont think we ever even see him apply bronzer, looks implied that he achieved a natural bodybuilder bronzer, his body adapted to be the most ridiculous parody of such and ofc since he's at the extreme, his is even darker. (he's DARK SHINE, he's on a whole other level of bodybuilding) Cmon the guy LIFTS anything, suspend your disbelief.

When people eat a lot of crab they turn into a crab monster and if you train enough you turn black. Thats common sense.

Darkshine's color comes from his training and tanning. It all amplified each other.

Heroes, are not without some monsterification themselves.

how did darkshine darken his skin??? like, he was white, then after training a lot became black??? how does that work??? maybe he went to a tanning salon.... actually, it probably is fruitless trying to make sense of something in the OPM world....

@xtheconman it's a body builder thing, in competition they darken or bronze their skin in order to make their muscles easier to see

Users who are viewing this thread