I really appreciate your commitment to updating this webtoon at this level of quality instead of deciding to go down the path of "the faster, the better"! Thank you so much! <3

*wishes she knew Korean so she could help*

Thank you! Please continue translating this. Some of the other groups translations are a bit confusing, although I appreciate the work both groups are doing.

Dex-chan lover
This double group thing seems like a waste, what happened with jolly cooperation? (not actually asking, don't care)
But more importantly, there being multiple releases for every chapter does terrible things to my followed new chapters list, someone please make it stop.

Contributor
@Valve

The series is cursed with scanlator drama. Snipers, droppers, Mangadex exodus groups.

I'm betting next both KJJ an Aurora suffer internal group schisms and split into 4 groups that all try and claim this series.

Every time an old chapter is retranslated and re-uploaded I die a little inside. I see the alert and get excited for a new chapter and it's not. 😭

ty ty for the chapter :)

Makes me a bit sad when I see people complain about re-uploaded chapters when there is a noticeable increase in quality.

tbh, I wouldn't be reading this manga at all if it weren't for the quality that Devil and Angel Scans or Magnificent Aurora Scans push/ed for.

TL:DR: I just block the people that have quality too low to comprehend. Essentially, "Upload all you want, but if you're quality is too low too often I'm legit just not interested in anything you touch."

@Valve DNA got butthurt that another group showed up and started trying to show them up by uploading chapters faster than they could. Even if NNG's scans were clearly sub-par (I wouldn't be reading this manga if it weren't for DNA's clear commitment to a certain level of quality and NNG just didn't bother) NNG didn't try to co-operate, and not too much longer DNA threw a fit and quit. NNG didn't stick around much longer. Give the impression that NNG really were just out to Troll DNA specifically. 'Specially when you realize NNG only ever uploaded for this one manga and only started where DNA happened to be currently at.)

Anyway, the two current groups, MAS and KKJ started to work together, you can see a few of the chapters they've done jointly on the chapter list. However it seems that KKJ made the decision to stop collaborating for some reason, MAS and KKJ both claim it's basically down to difference in opinion of methodologies. Both claim no hard feelings. I kind of have my doubts, but we're not gonna stir a pot that is likely to mean slower quality-chapters. just block the group that's uploading low-quality chapters, no more 'New Chapter!" disappointments.

Double-page supporter
@SirCuddleschmidt That's a solid strategy. I'm so sick of bad translators that just rush out chapters to try and get money. I would much rather wait for quality scanlators.

Dex-chan lover
@SirCuddleschmidt
Blocking wouldn't work since I read multiple series from both groups, give me a solution that isn't going to fuck me over please. Don't try to convince me KKJ is unreadably bad because it really isn't.

Yes one is worse, whatever, I read plenty of series with bad translations and I still enjoy it, if it's so bad that I don't enjoy it I just don't read it. And thankfully whenever I see one with that bad translation somehow it gets removed from the site by someone, prb people mass reporting or something.

Anyways why do people keep telling me about the group drama things, I specifically said I didn't care. There's so much drama on the internet that if you actually looked for it you'd get to mad and depressed that you'd want to kill yourself before a days end.

@ralanost
You be careful when blocking things you might read normally just because they release 1-2 series at worse quality.

@Valve Good point, I didn't think that if one series is too poorly would mean that they cannot have another series actually good enough. I'll go make sure I've seen all their other series, see if I like any of them. I don't think their is a solution. :( It'd be nice to have a more fine-tuned tool. I mean, everyone has different tastes, so block or not to block is always going to be a individual reader's choice. That any low quality translations even exist is proof of that.

As for the how rhetorical your question was... I'll admit, if I were try to say the same general thing, I can't think of a way off the top of my head how to not put it into a rhetorical question. I guess I was responding as much to the public nature of these forums as I was to you.

@ralanost Valve has a good point, just because they have one or more series bad doesn't mean they can't have any good ones. The lack of consistency is a pain though.

Dex-chan lover
Aahh...this feels much better.

We haven't really gone into what separates strong summons from weak ones, but I'm assuming Ivona's so far have all be stronger ones.

Users who are viewing this thread