@tudordudu04 I agree that turning him into a human could have taken a few chapters but overall I don't think it was all that rushed. Sure more chapters in between arcs could have been good but overall it spaced it pretty decently in my opinion

https://goanimenews.me/posts/demon-slayer-kimetsu-no-yaiba-chapter-204-release-spoilers

Demon Slayer ( Kimetsu no Yaiba ) Chapter 204 Release, Spoilers

This ending is way too rushed. Muzan makes him the literal demon king, and tanjiro just says « No, thank you » and that’s the end of the story.

Dex-chan lover
i just found this Video Game Trailer of Kimetsu no Yaiba : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UFHSWBLle14

disappointing, i really wanted him to become the demon king. he doesn't have to be evil, but he could be a threat that had to be disposed of.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation.
Here I am. It's time to switch to the official translation. :)

Contributor
I really liked this. Tanjiro has shown time and time again that he is of morally upstanding character. He's not the type of person that would have a moment of weakness and become influenced by the promises of a demon (and its blood). Nezuko was able to hold onto some part of her consciousness that loved her brother and her family, so logically (and as shown visually in this chapter), Tanjiro would have been able to retain his humanity through all the bonds he's made. He's been built up to be exactly the type of protagonist that would straight up tell the big bad: thanks but no thanks.

I also like that this is how Muzan goes out: pathetically struggling, physically becoming a baby and then also mentally when he begins bawling after Tanjiro, refusing to accept death even after he's died. He reminds me of Voldemort in that they both fear death so much they are willing to commit unspeakable atrocities to avoid it, even before they lost their humanity. Sure, his backstory could have been expanded upon more, but the essence of who he is has been laid out already.

can everyone stop being a whiny brat? just respect the damn author. The ending was rushed probably because the author are handling the death threats from the so called “fans”. Geez, this fandom are becoming more and more toxic.

Tanjiro is incredibly strong. He endured all those different angles of manipulation from Muzan, and still made the right choice. In doing so, he completely and totally defeated Muzan, every he stood for, and everything he was. That strength speaks more than any sword technique ever could.

Very well said @sukaley

Fed-Kun's army
The quick pacing was actually a strength for this manga especially if you binged read instead of reading weekly.
It all just flows so nicely.

that was fuckin beautiful. wish I could've waited one and a half more weeks before I caught up to the latest chapter. what a fucking roller coaster this has been.

So the biggest enemy is dead, Tanjiro is back to human. i guess the next few chapter will be like funeral for those who dided and at last, Tanjiro and Nezuko visited their old home and started a normal life, THE END
welp, i need more enemy stronger than Muzan but i guess its not possible...but im okay with this :(

Group Leader
@SkyVP It's not going to be "the next few chapter" as the very next chapter will be the last.

It would have been a god-tier ending if Tanjiro actually stayed the demon king and new generation of demon hunters set out to hunt him down. It wouldn't even have to be a sequel, an open ending like that would definitely break the mold and leave a bigger impact than the monotonous "MC defeats the big bad and live happily ever after" ending troupe.

Users who are viewing this thread