Kinda disapointed at the way Muzan got dealt with.
The idea of him giving his will to somebody else was really good. But Tanjiro just "No thank you, farewell..." him.
What was even the point of this ?

@GridLite Man, just shut the fuck up. People like you are the reason manga authors are so unwilling to break stereotypes, because some dipshit like you will always fucking complain. How about you clam it and let the author decide where he wants to take the story you fucking salty loser.

Your worst than me, at least I'm useless and just sit here. At least I'm not gonna complain.

Edit: This entire comment was a mistake

I feel the ending is near (that is, if this isn't it yet), and when it comes, I will have a very big hole in my heart

So "Tanjiro dies" was never one of the options. It was between
A- Tanjiro becomes a new sunproof-type of demon and kills everyone because all their heavy hitters are dead or on their last legs. Not dead.
The story would then have to continue in a more distant dystopian future where demons walk under the sun and no place is safe, since it would take decades for there to be enough powerful demon hunters to challenge Demon-jiro. With the authors ability to write tragic backstories this could have been pretty interesting, and the existence of the demon-vaccine could turn it into a Showa cyberpunk arms race, as humans develop different tools and techniques for delivery(like snipers shooting vaccine darts). But after one epic showdown with a thoroughly unredeemable villain, would the change in setting be enough for the story to feel satisfying instead of like it was just being dragged out?
B- The anti-demon vaccine works and he is able to overcome and remain human. Also not dead.
In the showdowns with the Upper Moons, we were able to see that even these extremely powerful demons, when their reasoning faltered (or they lost the drive for that power), were released from the grip of their demonic existence. Emotion and motivation matters. And for strong demons, their personality remains mostly intact. Tanjiro has been consistently written as being rather selfless, so it doesn't feel like a handwave that he is able to escape inheriting Muzan's will. He simply doesn't think that way. With the additional of the vaccine, and his family's spiritual assistance (which has also been seen before), it is enough for him to overcome. It's not plot armor if the rules are applied consistently.

I'm looking forward to the epilogue.

Dex-chan lover
God. Thanks for finally dying...i-don't-even-remember-his-name. Mozu? One of the most BORING final bosses I've ever read. When the supposed big bad is that pathetic a soul, it really takes a lot out of a manga. Some of his subordinates were way more interesting than he was. Oh, well, least it's over and done with. I'll never have to skip through his dialogue ever again.

I didnt even need to read the dialogue lmao this manga is trash im out

I'm quite happy how the author dealt with muzan. He's just all there is, a big baby that never really grew up.

I think that speak volumes, it's one of those manga that makes you think 'life really do be like that' or something like 'he's just like most people, all bark and nothing to prove' (talking about muzan).

Hmm, why do i get a feeling this isn't over... Like this Arc is over and done. but a new super demon appear or something?

Double-page supporter
Thanks for the translation!

Im glad Tanjirou survived, and Kanao too. :)
Now we go for the epilogue?

Group Leader
The last supreme being is still floating in space after he stopped thinking, you know?

I really like this manga, but I don't have any particularly strong feelings on the way it's ending.

While there are some bits of genuinely sad and emotional moments regarding character deaths littered throughout the whole story, the pacing of the action lately has more than once needed to be stopped just to make time for one or two of the characters to die, which somehow manages to be sudden and drawn out at the same time, taking away from everything else that's going on.

And while earlier on Tanjiro's techniques were both introduced and established to have some specific use in combat, all his sun-breathing up against Muzan just about culminates to nothing but run and gun, and it he basically just made up moves on the spot with no tactical purpose behind them. The narrative of the fight didn't take any interesting turns, all it made you think was "Okay, but can you die already Michael, haha" and removed any stakes from the battle.

At this point, it feels like the only thing the creator is using to hold on the reader is the anticipation for what's going to happen next, but not only is that suspense not good enough, the outcome of it all has been plainly obvious and two-dimensional. I'm just hoping the very end has some well done catharsis, otherwise I'm going to be left very disappointed.

Group Leader
Damn, the author did it. There were lots of fuck ups in this recent arc. Most notably the lack of set up and character growth in boar head's and lightning boy's fights. The entire Muzan fight had me either bored or laughing (Bijuu ball is still stupid).

But this was a great ending. It was emotional and it made me care about Tanjirou, goddammit. But then, I'm a sucker for happy endings. The sadness from the named characters that died only makes this ending feel deserved. Good ending! Don't continue the manga! Let it end! Please!!!

Dex-chan lover
I think the series peaked with the Fire Pillar's arc, personally. From there it was a downward trajectory that gradually accelerated. If this is the end, it's good enough. It feels like the author really needs a break to recharge, because she seems to be grasping for ideas. At least, that's the impression I get. Could be completely wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread