Fed-Kun's army
@ENJAY
There are SO many novels out there where a female MC finds out that one of her friends went through a terrible childhood, where he was abused to make him 'strong'.
Every time the MC is horrified and consoles the friend that it was wrong and no child should have to go through such abuse.

You are right, that that is how it is presented in most other situations, but it's different this time. Most of those other situations the person is either 1. Out of the danger that their parents are trying to train them for or 2. Are benefiting from the skills they gained from that torture enough to control the situation (i.e. justifying the training). In the case of the former the "training" was waste and thus was pointless torture, but this only becomes apparent after the danger is found to be no longer relevant, in the case of the latter, the character has reaped the benefits from the training, but the Main Character, having lived a normal life points out the absurdity of the strange life of the character, usually to show them a different way. Neither of these apply here, because we're not post training, we are mid-training in this story, we are in the perspective of the father trying to protect his son through the only methods he is aware will train the son for the problems he will face.

Of course a child should be forced to take poison 'for his own good' .
Who cares he dies from it, or coughs up blood and is in agony.

Well if he dies obviously the training failed. They're not trying to kill him, but prepare him. The Father was going to cut the training short due to his son being overwhelmed so it's not like his Father doesn't care about him either and wants him dead. The goal of this particular training is to help him survive poisoning attempts, how would you propose the son be prepared for this? Ideally, he never even has to imagine having this problem, so what method do you propose to solve this problem?

What a stupid mother to try to stop that.
What a stupid MC to see an actual child in pain and be upset.

You are right, her goals are not stupid, but her methods certainly are. She has no awareness of "why" Ain is undergoing this training, only her perspective as a modern person who lived a moderately comfy life free from bloodshed. Ain does not get to grow up in that world, the Duke's family is already steeped in shady business, and, like it or not, in these situations the sins of the father follow the child. Some may even attempt to kill the son in order to get back at his Father. If she actually wanted to achieve her goal, she needs to remove Ain's completely from the situation entirely, not just stop the training, she needs to leave the property and go into hiding. Ain's is innocent of what his father has done, but he will be responsible for handling some of the fall out, whether he wants to or not. If the only thing she does is educate him differently, but still become the head of the house of a criminal family, he will have issues.

The child is 'evil' after all.
Because we all know children are born evil.
Him being evil wouldn't justify the training, and I've not seen anyone claim the child is evil, and, even if they had, it's not what's important. What's important is we've seen Ain's thought process as the audience. Ain's is not an innocent child, he is, canonically, a calculating one. He is making decisions, and, even in the chapter before, personally chosen to take poison for his training. You could argue that it was the training that made him this way, and that's quite possible, in fact I believe that is probably the situation. But being evil or good is irrelevant here, he canonically has adults scared of him and canonically is making decisions, he has awareness as an individual. Don't compare Ain to a child IRL, he's, for the purposes of this story, different.

Zmk

@Kuroageha
I honestly had a feeling that would happen. Ain seems like he would willing go through such training to get himself resistant to poisons. But keeps it a secret because he likes the affection Roselia gives him.

@TheGodEmperor damn, then why the author got some really dangerous idea promoting poison consumption? the author need to change the story. doesn't it enough when somebody dies from drinking desinfectant just because of some foolish jokes about fights covid19 with desinfectant orally? hmmmm. lol 🤣

Fed-Kun's army
@Kuroageha I sort of like how it's portrayed even if that spoiler is true.

Ain only ever shows his "normal" self to everyone but the MC, which was first portrayed as him "being cautious around her" since he thought she was going to abuse him again(like with the peaches) but now it's like Ain wants "something" from our MC but doesn't know what it is exactly he wants. I also wouldn't really call her dumb. She just hasn't understood how early the "villain" path started for Ain or the degree of it.. If she was with him as his "mother" since he was a baby and he was still the same as he is now... Then yeah.. She'd be dumb as hell lol.

F.

I can't help but just go UGH at MC's thoughts. Yes, we know you were sheltered in the modern world. Yes, we also know you've read the novel. The training is for self-defense and Ain himself knows why, he just agreed to disagree because he liked the attention she gave him. If he's not gonna have thick skin... what's the purpose?

Do I sound like a villainess?

Fed-Kun's army
@TheGodEmperor
depends. If it's something like a virus or a bacteria, our body can build up immunities. But some straight chemical poisons? Lolnope.

Bacteria and Viruses have nothing to do with venoms and poisons. The bodies ability to deal with those are separate functions. You are right that some straight chemical poisons it's not possible to gain a resistance, but I don't believe the individuals here have access to such refined chemicals.

@theowww
Pre-industrial technology most poisons are taken from nature, in the form of venoms (think Cobra injecting venom) and poisons (things like poison dart frogs that just need to be touched). I'm uncertain of the technological level of this society, but they don't appear to have the ability to produce anything too complex so I assume they are pre-industrial. In that case, for the majority of commonly found poisons and venoms, yes you should be able to gain resistance via mithridatism (the name of the process of slowly taking small doses of various poisons and attempting to cultivate immunity). This doesn't work for say, hydrofluoric acid or heavy metals, but the individuals in this story don't appear to have the skills to cultivate such substances in large amounts.

TL:DR Yes, but only for some poisons and not others.

Double-page supporter
Well, at least this pissing match results in faster updates for us leechers.

Contributor
I still wonder how people think Ain education was good.

Remember, even after years of training and horrible life like this to be a "perfect villain", he still died early, alone, so what's the point of doing the same thing, again ?

Idk if she will do the right thing, but her doing something to change Ain life is the right way for now.

@nursyasyi I Am A Villainess Because I'd Be a Better One Than the One In The Story
lol, if only.

I'm soooo ready to drop this, her stubbornness is just not worth it and it's been 11 chapters already.

Can you guys please stop putting like two pages worth of Discord conversations at the end of the chapters, it's getting a bit annoying.

F for freshen up and fatten yourself with fried fish on this fine Friday ❤️😘

MC has been a little annoying but at least she was finally able to talk to the Duke this chapter and get some plot moving!

Dex-chan lover
@theowww don't think they think of it as promoting anything and just as a plot point. Kinda like other stories where people have bullshit drugs used to suddenly change a person's entire personality *cough Abandoned Empress cough*

@Chrona Well, poisons/venoms it depends. They can act in similar ways in how they attack cells as a bacteria or venom. It's hard to say cause of the wide variety in the world :p so, yea, some can have a resistance built up, but not always and, even then, can cause other damages to your body.

Users who are viewing this thread