A Capable Maid - Ch. 44

Dex-chan lover
gotta love how the prince knows that everything the lady says came from marie

I didn't like the prince at first but this is slowly changing my mind, props to him for noticing all of Rachel's lies lol

With what food are the planning to feed their soldiers, exactly? That is not the smartest way to win a war that you started but might be one of the smartest way to lose a war you started. The Crown Prince army going to fight a malnourished and starving army

Me, a vegetarian my whole life: wow such a brilliant idea! Would have never thought to not serve meat! 👏🏼👏🏼👏🏼

All jokes aside, it's impressive how the ppl from the Hallidom kicked up a fuss about not being served proper food and then proceed to beg for food 🙄 instead of threatening the kingdom, they could just request in exchange for something valuable. 2000iq I swear 🙄

OK so no pork at all for multiple reasons.
meat in halal way only and has to not have blood based on the specific halal way that way drains the blood from the meat
wine because any alcoholic thing that makes the person not in the right mind is not allowed or haram.
anything in the sea or fresh water like fish clams etc. can be eaten unless it eats dead things or poisonous then it's haram or not allowed
i hope this helps in anyway if anyone was wondering because the comic uses words that are kind of hard to understand

Yes, Rachel..."Marie" is the one who finally got acknowledged by the Prince. Too bad for you, Rachel, the Prince always aware who was the one who helped you from behind. You never stood a chance to win from the very beginning.

Also, this is not how you ask for help from other countries, Eastern Halidom. I hope that the Empire will not give in to their empty threat.

I'm confused on how the fish thing works, as in the previous chapter on one of the panels explaining their rules on food, "pork, alcohol, animals without cloven hooves," so yeah the veggies, fruit, and grain, work going off the previously stated rules but the stated "but also scaly fish" in this most recent chapter makes no sense at all. But whatever problem solved, it worked out, blah blah blah.

I find it nice that the prince can tell that most of the solutions rachel is supplying are in actuality marie's ideas because normally, male lead finds all the protag's amazingness out in one big reveal, but here, the prince is already suspecting and in some circumstances even knows that marie is the real hero during all these incidents. But this is still building up to a reveal cus marie herself doesn't know that the prince knows so when she is inevitably forced out in the open, or when he finally finds a way to give her credit and make his thoughts known, its much much more gratifying cus we knew that he already has had feelings for her, and he's also slowly realizing he has growing feelings for her.

The upcoming war will likely not happen but it depends on how long a story this will be. If its a long one, the war may happen and we get to see marie possibly become a strategist, or we get a closer look at her taking care of the commoners who have to deal with the effects of war, like we've been told has happened in the past when marie was on the run (remember that brown cloak? where she was handin out bread and what not, then again that could also be someone else and both the empire and the cloyan citizens think its the lost princess, but its most likely marie before she was a maid). However, if the story is going to be a bit shorter, we'll probably see marie come up with another solution, politically to both make the empire seem strong, and as well as avoid war.

And we haven't even touched the topic of the reveal of her being cloyan's lost princess. That reveal opens a lot of possibilities and routes for the story to go. An instance could pop up where marie has to be taken away because the empire is still dealing with the cloyan rebels, and while marie is losing her mind in fear, the prince has to figure out a way to convince marie to join him (as his bride hehe), to stop all the fighting. This route opens up the posibility of political battles to occur like with the west empire's emperor who also wants to marry the princess. Another instance, although a bit more unlikely, is that she successfully escapes the palace (because in her mind she thinks that if she's found she'll be immediately killed, which while true she hasnt thought of marrying the prince instead of death) and she either comes in contact with the west empire, or cloyan's rebels (because there is a small chance that the rebels are organized and are actually planning their battles) and the story shifts from there.

I could also talk about rachel's raise in status, and arial's fall and how the obstacle of the crown princess competition will be taken care of for our two (not yet) love birds to come together, but i think my wall of text is big enough so i'll leave it here xD

I don't know man. Why would the author make the people from halidom as villains. Kinda upsetting :\

Dex-chan lover
@Rubbiccino What does McDonalds do for Catholics on Fridays, Muslims, Jews and Hindus who can't eat a Big Mac? Serve them Fillet-O-Fish and veggie burgers! Genius!

But they seriously aren't in a place to demand and threaten them, even the Insomniac Crown Prince isn't stupid enough to fall for that.

Ahh just get together already lol wonder how much longer until she realises who he is

@lovecraftianwitch sure the author could've just made them Christian and then maybe people wouldn't kick up as much of a fuss, but I also recall a few chapters ago that some in the comments were happy it wasn't another Christian based religion.

Logically speaking, any religion they picked would have "villainised" someone by your argument. Ethically, what difference does it make if that religion was based on Islam or any other major religion?

I bet you it was chosen because 1. It's easier to pick an existing religion than create one from scratch which would require more exposition 2. they're easy to tell apart but 3. also because their clothing is beautiful to see (which is why it's often featured in manga/manhwa). And no doubt the situation will be resolved and they'll end up as close allies against another threat.

Also they wouldn't have been able to add yet another scenario to boost Rachel (which frankly, I'm bored of)

Perhaps it's just your way of seeing things. In my opinion I don't see this as a way of villainising the religion. Maybe their King, but not the religion.

Of course, I don't agree with the war threat - not because it villainises them but because it's just a bad idea. War is expensive to finance not just because it requires massive amounts of food supplies.

But desperate situations often lead to unwise decisions.

TL;DR it's not villainising a religion, but the actions of that country's king. If you immediately associate such actions with religion then maybe you should consider why.

@HnaaA because it's about time an external villain shows up in the plotline? As for why, see above

Double-page supporter
@lovecraftianwitch @CarmillaKriegstein hey religion just 50 years back were quite quick to hits back. Now compare that to 200 years back, which was much worse. This story even seems to be around 1700-1800s ish.

Yeah I can speak for a mixed religious community and it isn't the post 1980s kids that are the problem. Older generations and their rules, customs and traditions are.

Modern day shunning from a cross-following community isn't so bad. Crescent-followers are scary even with just causing offense with a joke or honest mistake, the mildest kind of shunning from them would be to get your business chased out of town.

Southeast Asian BTW. Dynamics here in South Philippines, Malaysia and Indonesia are good examples of coexistence and some old guard wakkoos going at it from time to time

Dex-chan lover
@Gal3xyG1rl Writing a lot is no problem, I for example do it all the time, but its seems like people don't like reading all that much, its sad.
On this site the text is quite small, so I would suggest spacing it out with [Enter] every now and then to make it easier to read for next time.

Halidom : "We want food or we will declare war"
Also, certain country: "We want more land or we won't accept peace"

uncanny, lmao

Users who are viewing this thread