A Capable Maid - Ch. 45

@CarmillaKriegstein

Thats actually not true. The "Crown" title denotes the first person in line for succession of the throne. The wife of the Crown Prince would be the Princess consort as she would have no legitimate claim to the throne. She would have to be born into the royal family and he would have to just be a regular prince. Then she would also have be first in the line of succession as well which doesn't really work here. Basically you can can only have one "Crown" anything whether it be princess or prince.

The crown prince is doing his best to protect his country and this lady is here being being sneaky as hell for her “own goals” she would make a terrible crown princess.

i always had to remind myself that it was all part of the plan... but damn this effing bitch... i just hate useless incompetent people taking all the credits away from the deserving one... oh well, the crown prince seems to be aware that all the ideas coming out of this blonde bitch's mouth was originally Marie's ideas... so yeah, chillax my dear self..

Andddd, if the prince in the end takes MC as his queen, this so called convinience woman will throw rage by saying MC steals all what is hers (including her merit)

NOPE PLEASE DONT DO THAT QUEENNNNNNN IMMA CRY IF U DO THAT D: JUST DIRECTLY GO TO THE PRINCE INSTEAD SHARE UR IDEAS TO THAT USELESS PRINCESS :mad:

Dex-chan lover
@CarmillaKriegstein It's cute how wrong you are, as @saitoh514 explained. Like, it's fine if you don't know, but don't go "correcting" people when you're just straight up wrong.

@Ashana I mean, you can feel free to explain why you find her annoying and why you don't care if their agreement benefits them both. You can also feel free to explain why her "dependence" on Marie is bad here. I gave reasons why I think that you're wrong, but you haven't really responded to that besides just saying I somehow don't understand and giving no explanation.

Dex-chan lover
Ty for the chapt,
and may the cleaner/redrawer get hot nipple husbando in the future chapt... 🙃🙂

I'm kinda annoyed with the weirdly Islamic allusions to these 'guests' but how the author is making them completely unreasonable and twisting what the actual rules in Islam are to make them look bad.
The whole event about Halal Meat made them look awful enough but now they're here to 'beg' for aid? and you still make them unreasonable? Does the author want us to hate them?
There is NO RULE that you can't trade with people from other religions, that's stupid.
The are some rules along the lines of fairness e.g you can trade gold for gold etc. Tbh I don't remember the specifics but wasn't something that no trade is allowed
This is also limited to like 8 things? Of certain kinds of metals and food and that's it.

Also. If you trade for something THAT MEANS THAT IT HAS VALUE.
Like if you're going to come up with your own rules, have them make some sense.
Like if physical assets are not allowed, how about services? Skills? Like FARMING TECHNIQUES instead of seeds which do have value.

I don't hate Rachel, the only wrong thing she's done is lie to the Prince despite being warned twice directly and ruining her own chances.

Fed-Kun's army
@comeonnow0 I can't even begin to imagine how exhausting it must be to talk the way you do to complete strangers.

Anyways, even if it's a mutually beneficial relationship between Rachel and Marie, the benefits themselves are shortsighted. While Marie's visions have allowed Rachel to pull ahead in this race, it's important to consider that Rachel is being judged for her capabilities as a good ruler, which includes knowledge and wisdom. Two things Rachel lacks. It's okay to rely on advisors and experts to make good decisions, but there has to be a limit to how many learning opportunities you miss out on as a result. I've always felt that Rachel doesn't have a full grasp on how the world works and is just memorizing Marie's advice as a substitute for actual wisdom. Copying someone else's notes for an important exam doesn't make you smart, and being overly reliant on one source of knowledge does not make you a good leader either. I don't go as far as to call her names, but Rachel has been setting herself up for failure since day one and I'm eager to see how spectacular the payoff will be.

Fed-Kun's army
Is it true that in the past Moslem kingdoms aren't allowed to trade with the Christian/catholic kingdom? I thought the ottomans that block their trade route and only trade route, not trade right. is it true Venice ban trades?

anyway, there will be something that divides humans isn't it, in the past religion and now ideology, what's next? species?

Although I do enjoy my religion being in a spotlight, it does get annoying when the author introduces something absurd. I don't remember we (muslims) can't trade gold or stuff. I know the author probably thought that just because we're forbidden (kinda) for using gold as jewelry, that it automatically translates to not allowed to trade gold. Its even more absurd that silver is also mentioned here, since iirc, we used silver instead of gold for jewelry. But nowadays, people don't follow religion rules too much, so I guess my rant is not that relevant. Hell, I even eat some pork willingly a year ago.

This doesn't make me enjoy this series less tho. Oh yeah, and that yellow/blond hair girl is sus.

Dex-chan lover
@simplechild I mean, it's how I just talk. Doesn't feel exhausting.

"being judged for her capabilities as a good ruler" Wrong. The two candidates are being judged based on how beneficial they would be to the empire. PART of that is whether they can be a good ruler. However, the prince himself acknowledges that if he were able to find Marie as princess of Cloyan, then that would be the most beneficial to the empire, period. He doesn't take into account anything like the unknown princess's capabilities. It is purely a political decision.

"how many learning opportunities you miss out on as a result". Let's look at this calmly. The prince already has a lot of advisors and aides. Most likely some of the best in the empire. None of them are able to come up with good solutions (by the way, the solutions are cartoonishly bad, but that's a separate thing). Even the prince HIMSELF does not have a solution for these issues. Then comes magical Marie, who literally only has a solution because she is magic. The one exception is with her having read that book about the halidom's dietary rules. That's the one thing that she has actually contributed separately from her magic.

When you see someone who is literally coming up with solutions that no one else is able to conceive, then it makes sense to seek their advice. Again, I don't really like Rachel either. But the reasons that people are giving for her being bad just don't make sense a lot of the time. Some are valid. A lot are not.

@HanabiMao The way I read this chapter, it's that the unspecified religion of the empire is the one with that rule, NOT the rules of what looks an awful lot like Islam.

Dex-chan lover
To be fair, it's kinda hard for Marie to not tell her now.
She acted pretty suspiscious hrself. From: "what did you say!!!", to actually hesitating. So now she in the spot: "oh damn she noticed I thought of something"

I'm not so sure about how the author wants to progress the story... but at this point Rael will realize either way. He has already decided that blondie is using Marie's ideas anyway so...

@HanabiMao I think you misunderstood. In this manwha, the religious authority forbids trading processed goods with nations from other religions, and that's that.
I also think you should just avoid thinking about it too much becuase it's just a manwha, and I bet the author doesn't really want to make too many references Xd

I have already seen the Raws but she gonna be so upset at the fact Marie finally gets recognized 😂 and I can’t wait to see Rachel fail mostly because she is helping the king who is against her country 😒 I forgot the other Kings name but is the one with black hair 😂 .. anyways I hope our prince puts Rachel on her place already .

Code:
Mod Note: Please use spoiler tags when talking about chapter-specific or future events.

Dex-chan lover
NO SUGAR IN EUROPE?! We have grown sugar beets for hundreds of years... what we lacked was a good refinement process, that's all.

Users who are viewing this thread