A Capable Maid - Ch. 47

I wonder if Rachel will be the one to blow Marie's cover and try to get her killed for being the lost Cloyan Princess.

Poor Marie...she's trying so hard to get out and keeps getting more tangled in the net.

Dex-chan lover
"Oh, you told me exactly what you wanted? We'll I'm not gonna give you that, instead I'm gonna give you something you don't want instead. Now you'll have to pay me back. Ain't I just a peach?" 🙄

Double-page supporter
Can't wait for the "wherefore art thou" speech, once our dense princess finally figures out that the cute knight she went on a date with is the same person as the "enemy" prince.

Dex-chan lover
@Cynic I meant he wasn't trying to screw her over, she told him "I want to be free" and he went "welp, now you are knight so you are free, or at least you have more freedom than a slave or a poor commoner". She should have phrased it in a way that made it clear she wanted to get away from the palace and all the bullshit that happens there, no need to mention that it's actually because of him and the trouble associated with her true identity.

Yeah, maybe he would have said no because he greatly values her, but at least then the blame would be 100% on him. Without that info there is no way he would reward a "loyal servant" by kicking her out of the palace, most would see it as a punishment.

Although the prince ultimately gave her a heavy anchor, I think he did so with the best of intentions.
In chapter 46 we can infer that he suspects that Lady Istvan (one of the candidates) or someone else is somehow forcing Marie to help and support Lady Istvan. He even goes as far as asking Marie to talk to him so he can help her.
By personally and publicly raising Marie from a war slave to a knight (dame), making her his exclusive personal maid (effectively the personal assistant of the future ruler) and giving her the credit for the diplomatic solution, he not only gives her power and status. It also tells everyone else that Marie is someone that has the trust, direct support and (most importantly) protection of the crown prince and should not be disrespected or messed with.

Group Leader
So now Marie is basically at a level where she can marry him. Yay

Now we just need to get that little misunderstanding cleared up. Seriously the prince goes to her with his every problem but hasn’t mentioned the girls he’s spent years searching for?

I'm more and more impressed with this translation group. Most native speakers don't even know what a "dame" is.

Poor Marie.

I don't blame the Prince at all though. Marie herself says that if she were anyone but Princess Morina, she would be elated to receive that reward. In fact, she wishes she wasn't Morina, because she wants to be happy for this development. I think she's grown to respect the Prince, and if she didn't have to be afraid for her life every day, she would enjoy her life at the palace much more.

Unfortunately for her (or not, since she will no doubt get a happy ending), everything is very transparently happening for the sake of plot. Writing a good story requires creating obstacles that prevent the protagonist from reaching their goals. And in this case, the author has made it so that Marie can't refuse the title or even explain to the Prince that she wants to live a peaceful, quiet life in obscurity.

Fed-Kun's army
If only the prince was clear on why he's looking for the princess in the first place (sigh)

Fed-Kun's army
@nemuyu I think it's another misunderstanding. Others in this comment section has explained it pretty well so I'm not taking credits. He understood it as freedom from the slave status and so he wanted to give more by giving her a title which equates to power. This way, she also wouldn't be troubled by poverty.

I guess they should have talked it out more clearly?? Haha

Users who are viewing this thread