A Common Story of a Lady's New Life - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

Didn't even do or say anything yet and she's already being antagonized, tf??

"She doesn't know her place!!"

ALL SHE DID WAS STEP OFF THE CARRIAGE

"Remember this. I am a Bolshake"
Omg yasss show them your crown queen! You are a high noble. One of the most prestigious. What right do they have to treat you like that😤
My adrenaline went up when she said that ><

YEEESSSSS LOVE HER!!

but what's with the duke? what's his motive? it seems she cares for serenia but doesn't want mc to annul the engagement??? SOMETHING'S NOT CLICKING

It be nice if she would rip the Duke a new one for shaming her even before she arrived. The Duke should know what the public sees him and Serenia as, but gets a fiance and doesn't do anything to welcome her. He says to shower her in luxery, but the moment she arrives the servants all probably came to an agreement they should try and throw her out. She and the Duke probably would get together, but it be nice if she turned him down because of his treatment towards her.

I don't think you can blame the Duke for how the maids acted. He assumed that they would treat her appropriately. That is their job.

People seem to be objecting to the Duke saying that he'll give her "as luxurious life". That it's not good enough for the MC. However, that is exactly what the MC wants. She wants to live in the mansion quietly, not bothering the Duke and the "heroine", until he's ready the marry the heroine. And as far as I can tell, that is exactly what the Duke wants.

It's quite amusing though. Her father insisted that the MC can annul the marriage whenever she wants. Although she isn't aware of it, it is something of a Damocles sword over the Duke's head.

Essentially the situation is where the MC doesn't need to care what the Duke thinks, beyond not getting in his and the heroine's way. But the Duke needs to avoid her annulling the marriage. At least in the short term. If she decides to annul the marriage now it will probably be really difficult to get another fiance.

Dex-chan lover
@AAA1 No, I'd still blame her for not talking to her father about it. She should be open about her feelings/thoughts to her family. I can imagine why he might not say it since, far as he can think, the Duke is a "catch that every girl wants, so clearly his daughter would be happy" so he probably doesn't want her to know that it's got such a possibility to upset her.

I want her to be saved by her cute siblings. Save her from disappearing! from your lives forever! as a probably banished or ostracized or dead villainess! Cute siblings please!

Dex-chan lover
@TheGodEmperor okay. That was actually explained when her brothers crying. She clouded with the death foretell, so she just want to deal with it asap. As of now, she still think that her situation is her own responsibility, so she likely won't ever ask the father about that except she know the duke's intention to make her a fiancee.

Yes!!!!! So glad she’s actually speaking out! Nothing pisses me off more then characters ignoring snide comments against them. So excited to read the next chapter!

Thank you for translating this!

@TheGodEmperor Ah ok. I see where you're coming from. Though I think the father should have told her as well. Hey, you're not trapped getting married to this guy. You don't want it we can get it annulled.
But yeah. Things are always more complicated than they need to be in these kinds of stories.

Users who are viewing this thread