A Common Story of a Lady's New Life - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

finally correct usage of her authority and cutting the maid drama before it begins

i’m really loving this MC ;-; thank you for the chapter!!

Omg she's so satisfying to watch , everytime she sees a tiny bit of disrespect by the maid towards her , she would cut them right off the bat whoa

I am so glad with this, honestly!
How many stories have I read with this maid drama???? (Duchess of the Attic flashbacks)
It makes me so mad because she isn't just anyone, SHE IS THE FRICKIN DUCHESS, LIKE IT OR NOT!
So yeah girl, don't let those idiots step on you!

@Darkmint13
Well, this story is as believable as it gets. Granted, some things might be over-the-top, but all actions until now have been very logical and not just to create some drama!

It's so weird for me to see maids in a story be so hostile. Usually, at least in the stories I've read so far, the maids like the MC and sometimes more so than the ML. Oh, well, do your best, MC!

@shubh68 oh don't get me wrong. I'm not saying this is the fault of this particular manhua. I'm saying as a whole the genre is filled with things like this.
Also I'll still be reading. I enjoy it. Just that it would be nice for once to see people actually talking and see what happens then. :)

@Darkmint13 I figure that her father knows her well enough to guess that she would turn the duke down right away if she knew that was a option. Since he gave his (conditional) approval to the marriage, it makes sense that he wouldn't outright sabotage it.

Dex-chan lover
Woo! Well done.

She's avoiding her villainess flags the best she can, but there's a line to be drawn and it's the line of common sense. Maids shouldn't be pulling this shit on their employers.

Ah...this is going to be a cold reception though, so that'll be frustrating. I'm sure she's capable of biting her tongue through it though.
Things would have gone much better if her dad just told her about this arrangement, because now they're both stuck in a situation where they refuse to annul the engagement despite wanting it (presumably for the Duke).

@renuac well, it just makes his motivations weird.
Daughter, I want you to be happy but I'm not letting you know that you can leave this if things don't work out. I'm going to make you think you have no choice instead.

Won't that just make her go through with the marriage and not say anything about annulment because she doesn't think she have a choice? Why give the illusion of choice to the audience?

@moridin the problem is that the Duke says he will give her a luxurious life but she is welcomed by the rudeness of maids which can be explained by the lack of regulation within the Duke's estate. If the maids think they can get away with blatant disrespect towards a noble, then something is wrong, especially since he planned to give her a luxurious life, he should AT LEAST instruct the workers that she is someone important.
But why does the Duke not want her to annul the marriage? I didn't get that part

Wow. Just wow...
This is got to be one of the most badass main characters I've ever seen in all of those reincarnated stories that I've read.
She is not one to be bullied. With the smarts, sharp-tongue and powerful attacks, any opponents are going to have a hard time.
Just even the way she talks to people is so smooth and fluid yet filled with dominance.
I'm dying to see how this turns out, this has got so much potential.

Thank you so much for the releases! 😍

Users who are viewing this thread