A good site to read manga not on mangadex?

Dex-chan lover
Just like the title asks... please tell me a good safe site to read manga... preferable a site with little or no ads. I love mangadex and spend hours reading here, but many series I want to read are just not on this site due to license, etc. Please give me some recommendations (preferable ones that you actually use yourself).

Contributor
I read all my favorite licensed titles in mangastream.

And sometimes mangafox, when I'm feeling bolder.

Dex-chan lover
For other sites all I can say is get an ad blocker. Because it won’t be as fun.

Double-page supporter
Mangaplus from jump comic publisher ,its free and ad free

Dex-chan lover
I use dynasty scans all the live long day

1540559211626.jpg

Dex-chan lover
To be fair you did say "no ads" I doubt they would pester you to upgrade when you already have. You also get licensed series, support the Mangaka and no malware l.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the suggestions so far. I'll try to check out mangastream and mangaplus for series I can't find here. Mangafox... I don't dare to go there anymore(gave me a virus a couple of years ago). I'm looking for a free site that isn't just yuri specialized, but also other genres too.

I read manga on my laptop, so I don't really know many safe adblockers for them. Only ones I know of are mobile ones from google play. A few ads here and there is fine as long as the site is safe itself... so if you guys use any other sites, please let me know.

Dex-chan lover
I would have suggested madokami, but I don't think they've returned to accepting new users again yet. It's been a while since I've really used the site after joining up here, but if you already had a login that's a pretty decent place with no ads. The reader isn't all that great, but you could always dl the chaps/vols and then read them using the program of your choice, since you're on a laptop (I still have CDisplay installed yet probably haven't touched it for close to a year).

@421cookies

Nope. There's a boycott going on against Crunchyroll for a reason.

Supporting Crunchyroll is not a good thing currently.

----------------------------- (Reasons to not support Crunchyroll Abridged)

1. They use the money we pay them to waste most of it on anime exclusivity deals in an attempt to become a monopoly. And yet, THEY STILL FAILED, and so Crunchyroll continues to waste the money we give them while Netflix, Amazon and Hulu are poised to slaughter Crunchyroll who somehow wasted 5-7 years as a literal monopoly.

2. Crunchyroll takes our money, then downgrades the video quality. Like really? Then they don't update their outdated website and then. . . . .

3. Because Crunchyroll continues to get our money, they just don't seem to HAVE any reason to improve their services, videos or innovate. It's gotten worse and worse, and they still turn a profit because people don't stop paying Crunchyroll. So last year, a lot of people stopped paying them because. . . . . .

4. Last year Crunchyroll went full retard and embezzled the money we gave them to you know, improve their site and support creators. In addition to STILL WASTING THE MONEY ON EXCLUSIVITY DEALS, they also used a lot of the money to fund Margaret Dean's pet project HIGH GUARDIAN SPICE.

Besides the fact that the idea and quality of HIGH GUARDIAN SPICE is awful, keep in mind that Margaret Dean, the head of Crunchyroll's Ellation Studios and produced of High Guardian Spice is a VERY WELL documented and known scammer who targets female animators. She is the head of a so called job hunting organization called WOMEN in ANIMATION or WIA for short.

---> Example of a female Animator who got scammed by Margaret Dean and WIA
https://mobile.twitter.com/RainbowSquidInk/status/1033135604681371648

----> The video that I originally found this scam out from. RainbowSquidInk is "Super Cosmic Mutant Honey Candle Squid" in the comments. Ignore the political comments, Margaret Dean unfortunately loves to play politics for her own benefit so the garbage spam is unavoidable.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dBqVNreDsUc

What happens is that female animators join the organization, pay fees and then ask Margaret Dean for help to get jobs. . . . . . and she doesn't help them. She's done this scam multiple times and she has a REALLY terrible reputation in the animation industry. And they HIRED HER. WOW . . . . . which leads into

5. Our FAVORITE stupidity. Crunchyroll did a Ghost Busters 2016, Last Jedi and accused their fans of Sexism and Misogyny when it became obvious no one liked High Guardian Spice. You know, because apparently calling people sexist when they offer ANY criticism and grouping valid criticism together with sexism is a very grown up (sarcasm) and morally right thing to do (sarcasm).

This is where things went REALLY wrong and people started making "don't support Crunchyroll" videos and anti-Crunchyroll pledges left and right.

6. Then, as the last straw, Crunchyroll decided to RAISE RATES again after all this. . . . . . because of course that's a GREAT TIME to do that after all this garbage yeah? (sarcasm)

This and rigging their own Anime Awards show so that Goblin Slayer, the most popular anime of 2018. . . . could not be voted for because it's "sexist" has pushed Crunchyroll to meme levels of hated in various Anime communities.

*edit: Dug up the twitter post about Margaret Dean and WIA for you in case you want to go hunting. You should be able to dig up some more victims. Unfortunately it's pretty low key because there's so few people in the western animation industry.

*edit 2: I found the Video where I found the WIA scam out. (unfortunately, the comments are political but given Margaret Dean's political history. . . . . . ) The most important comment is from "Super Cosmic Mutant Honey Candle Squid", the YouTube account of the animator who posted the Twitter comment to begin with.

I think they raised rates for US only but im not sure, stopped paying them a while ago.
"the price of a monthly subscription will rise from $6.95 to $7.99, or from $60 to $80 for annual subscribers."

Miku best girl
Admin
I see. The price hasn't been increased in the UK at least (still £4.99).

@Holo
@frono

Yup, $7.99 rate if you sign up as a user on or after May 1st. 2019
For current premium users you get $6.99 for 3 more months after May 1st until August 2019.

The timing is. . . . extrmeley unfortunate lol. After Funimation pulled their catalogue out of Crunchy roll.

Dex-chan lover
Did not actually know this. Personally don't use crunchyroll but always wondered why people disliked it. Thought it was just cause of licensing and fees.

Users who are viewing this thread