A good site to read manga not on mangadex?

Fed-Kun's army
Damn why Crunchy, I trusted you… (not that I ever subscribed there tho lol)

i got crunchyroll premium specifically to read their manga & i wouldn't recommend it to anyone. the web reader is almost unusable & the mobile app actually is unusable.

I also don't recommend crunchyroll for anime. If you have chromecast or plan to just watch on your tiny phone/tablet for anime may be tolerable,
but if your on [desk|lap]top then no (I am the 1% that watches crunchyroll on a tv connected to a desktop media server).
I'm sorry, but who the hell uses flash nowdays? Its disabled and discouraged by every major browser by default (IIRC).

Translations are tolerable, but I honestly believe most fan-subs (at least of the groups I used to use) are much better in translation quality, translation quantity (text and background conversations often left out), and in visual appeal (karaoke, text color coated by speaker, etc). That said, most of the groups I use are just doing touch-ups to another translations (half of the time, crunchyroll's) so I suppose I am being a little unfair here. (also a premium member)

More on topic, whats the deal with bato.to nowdays? Who bought it, and what would you estimate their scanlator's acceptance rating would be
1=scanlators hate the sites and its owner's very existence, 10 = scanlators accept the site and wish to have an affair with it or its owner(s)

I never liked Crunchyroll due to licensing issues, you live in the US then everything's fine in that regard, anywhere else? Good luck getting what you wanted to watch.

Miku best girl
Admin
Bato.to was bought by one of the ad infested aggregators, so scanlators hate it now.

Contributor
I just deny the existence of the current bato.to, but i still praise that Grumpy's batoto has once existed

Dex-chan lover
Batoto was a good and safe website to read manga. I used to read there before it shut down/changed owners. It was a like a former mangadex (in my opinion). Going to that site now would probably be unsafe.

I didn't know crunchyroll had so much going on. lol. I haven't gone there since long ago when they asked for money to watch or read anything.

Dex-chan lover
Batoto was pre mangadex. Scanlators would post content there, additionally I remember the site having no ads. Scanlations groups would post read this at batoto in the credits page. It would keep up to date manga/manhwa/manhua.

But unfortunately like most great things it didn’t last. I would not recommend going there now. Not a fun place to be.

In addition to the thread post about other manga sites. Your mileage may vary. But mangaplus shueisha isn’t to bad. But if your looking specifically for a catalog archive of manga etc I still say use mangadex.

Users who are viewing this thread