A Returner's Magic Should Be Special - Vol. 3 Ch. 130

Dex-chan lover
I know it's not the end of the creature, but that certainly was a funny way to end the chapter

Aggregator gang
Not sure why a new being with no origin would be so gung-ho on fighting let alone grinning like a sadist lol.

Honestly this chapter was mostly a repeat of last chapter, this really is a for that would just win, but will lose because it has to.

I'll be honest, this is a noticeable drop in story quality. This is out of character for Desir. He is acting cocky and confused for no reason at all, and it's jarring.

Group Leader
@okestra I wonder if they're treating this like filler. I found the last season started off a bit iffy too

I like the series a lot, but I've been finding the fight pretty boring.
D casts fireball
H punches
D casts ice
H punches
And so on.

And as someone else said, the fight isn't how Desir usually fights. This fight feels pretty generic

Fed-Kun's army
Can anyone explain to me why anything that they do in this world matters for the plotline?

Imo this is a filler and also I hope the author will explain the current plothole. EG: the guy cannot regrow an arm without the basic materials, otherwise consuming the remaining flesh and blood would make it weaker. In FMA only the philosopher stone allowed it due to consuming other ppl lives. So far the homunculus regenerative ability is a senseless plot device like desir's analysis skill.

Dex-chan lover
I agree with the sentiment, shadow worlds feel like fillers, but this is by A LONG SHOT waaaaaaay better than that time where they had to advice a depressed king about the food and the refugees... God lord that was SO BORING and all for a fucking glove apparently!
Shadow world feel like fillers because they're... shadows, they won't change what already happened, is just works to shine some light in past event... I hope the info we get makes for a good story next time, for now let's just assume is all for the sake of Pram learning new techniques and Romantica saving the day.

Dex-chan lover
@Serenata

Consider it a training arc which doubles as world-building.

@Baysiri

Honestly, it doesn't for the most part.
The benefits of these shadow worlds are more or less just 3 things.
1. they get stronger because they work like your typical dungeon where you get loot at the end of it.
2. they could potentially learn something about themselves or the past that could have significance if it's not set too far back in the past that drives the plot forward.
3. world-building slows down the tempo and fleshes out the story, though some could make the argument that it does slow it down TOO MUCH, it's up to personal preference tbh.
It's important to balance and to not have a too high tempo in your story, as it can ruin the story as a whole just as much as too much filler can.

@Legion_01

Creating material out of thin air is theoretically possible but not something we could do.
He might be using magic that drains raw energy from the world around him to create material out of thin air. ( its theoretically possible, but magic is always going to be magic ya know... )
His objective seems to be creating a truly immortal creature.

@Serenata and see, for me it was exactly the opposite - these shadow world arcs are some of the most interesting plotlines in the comic. They are like puzzles the characters need to solve, you learn more about their actions and attitudes from them, you get a glimpse into the world that was and that could have been, and some information from them even drives the main plot. Plus, there are a ton of fight-centric isekai/returners out there, so a manga/manwha with a diplomacy-heavy arc is something that really separates it from the rest.

I love the shadow world arc because desir and his team uncovers so many secrets that might help him in the future

No, these arcs are not fillers. All these shadow worlds are deeply tied to the story.

@Legion_01
Basically homunculus controls the power of causality using his mana. Essentially it returns back in time to the state a couple of seconds ago.

Users who are viewing this thread