A Returner's Magic Should Be Special

@Notsuki_Ame
you seem busy being "mature and virtuous" yourself too lol
But I said people could simply go read it somewhere else lol? Before that, I said I read from whoever uploads first lol? and even before that: people shouldn't take things for granted and be respectful to each other; there is no reason to complain about delays? LOL.

Anyway:
at the time I was just angry at losing all the comments and wrote
I see where you are coming from. And well, that in itself is understandable. If I cared about those things, I'd feel uncomfortable too I guess.
But we could say the same about him, right? Imagine being harassed daily for not translating things fast. Even though you are doing things for free. Then they keep laughing and talking shit about you for weeks on discord after you quit. Wtf.

ZombiesAreNotOkay
But I said people could simply go read it somewhere else lol? Before that, I said I read from whoever uploads first lol? and even before that: people shouldn't take things for granted and be respectful to each other; there is no reason to complain about delays? LOL.

I feel like I've struck a nerve lol

But we could say the same about him, right?

Yeah that's why I dropped the argument as it was my bad and admitted being a jackass (= k-warrior), no need to keep flauting your virtuousness around.

Or what, did you want me to mail you a written apology no one's gonna care about? lol

Dex-chan lover
@Retard_
What am I gonna do without your non-existent 3 dollars tho... oh no....... @critico

I feel like i'm missing something from your reply, are you reffering to your patreon?

Anyway please remember that this is NOT a true community. It's bunch of unmoderated people who doesn't follow any community rule, we're NOT on reddit.
Most of the people who read on this site are kids and back in my day when kids were bored they started shitspamming.
A huge part of the people who read manga in this site probabily doesn't even have an account. I think anyone appreciate your work.
If someone compare your work whit the one of others is just to troll and made you mad because there is no absolutly reason to do so. I follow this manga here since day one and never seen any major trouble or delay.

I have read manga from more than a decade and in a lot of sites. Unmoderated chats always ended in flames and shitposting causing the drop of series until the actual moderators seen the disasters and always remove the comment section.

Fed-Kun's army
@Hobnobs Ah k thanks!

@Glomoro Ty, i didn't know about that "inactivity" clause. Also i use uBlock_Origin so hopefully i'm good on that front, if anything gets passed i'l just add it after and run some scans. The only way they'd get anything from my browser anyway is if they took my bookmarks or skimmed un-wiped data from under what it's currently granted permission to R/W to since i trash my full history except for sites like this where my accounts have the same password since i don't have anything they could blackmail me with on them. (I just had an idiot try and mail me saying they had webcam footage of me and the list of sites i visited, XD 1. i don't have a webcam, 2. I've already told anyone and everyone important to me i fap to anything if its fantasy so i've got nothing to fear being "leaked".) I don't have money for a VPN anyway so the only thing i can think of a bad ad doing to me is turning my pc into a bot or encrypting my drives(even then all it is is just wasted time on my part reinstalling everything since all i have is online games and .rar files filled with completed games..)

TLDR; I guess what i'm trying to say is, i'm not hurt by this or will i ever be, just mildly inconvenienced? Thanks for pointing me in the right direction though, going to try and find SAO Alicization and see if reading the first bits of the light novel have fucked over the anime for me :(

@ZombiesAreNotOkay

Maybe you should read the last pages of the comment section...

The problem I have, and a lot of people seem to have, is this just reeks of cutting off his nose to spite his face. A few people made him mad so he decided to "punish" everyone. And then he gets upset because people don't like that he did that. How else did he think this was going to go down? This is some serious grade-school drama.

"If I can't have nice things, no one can!"

Although, at this point it's just funny. I can't say I ever knew the translation groups were so hopped up on drama.

Aggregator gang
Stop complaining about the Shadow World, drop this Series, and read something else

unknown.png

@Panma Ok, you sound honest in your post so I'm going to stop being sarcastic and passive aggressive here... for now.

Now I'll answer; but keep in mind that I don't know what's your position exactly, other than being against him taking down his chapters, so I'm going to answer in general:
The problem I have, and a lot of people seem to have, is this just reeks of cutting off his nose to spite his face. A few people made him mad so he decided to "punish" everyone. And then he gets upset because people don't like that he did that.
I think people are responsible for their own actions, ideas, feelings and decisions. If they feel upset, angry, sad, disappointed, etc, that's their problem. Why should the translator care about them? The reverse is the same. In fact, taking into account how things played out, it's obvious they never cared about him. Even the people that replied with a simple 'thanks, cool chapter', they only cared about chapters getting scanlated. In that regard, I could include myself because I never stood up for him until they made him quit. And I've been following his groups since waaaay before this whole deal: I've seen him taking horrible comments like a champ. So if this time he took this decision, surely it was over something serious. Yeah, sure, there was backlash but, as I said before, we are responsible for what we do: I'm sure he predicted things would end like this yet he did it anyway. Innocent people not being able to read it on Mangadex and pushing them to other sites is one of the consequences of his decision he most likely considered. Then again, it's his decision. No one can tell him what to do. People may not like it and they can voice their opinions, but in the end that's it. Based on his reaction, he IS taking responsibility for what he did, why can't people do the same? As DiabolicalHaterAnonx said, if people really care and want to do something about it, why not scanlate those chapters again? -I wrote a lot more explaining stuff in detail, but I unintentionally refreshed the page and deleted my wall of text. So I wrote this kinda pissed and not really explaining anything about my point. Sorry-

I can't say I ever knew the translation groups were so hopped up on drama.
There is always drama. Sniping, donations, stealing translators or other members, good/bad reputation, mean readers, etc. Look at leaviatan scans for example: As soon as they took over some series, people started to complain about the delay or visiting its website.
It's a Spanish speaking group but you can find stuff like:
The series is in English. Your site must be in English too
I don't understand mexican smh.
and on mangadex:
https://mangadex.org/thread/55587/7/#post_686894
https://mangadex.org/thread/55587/6/#post_633169
https://mangadex.org/thread/55587/6/#post_632905

But Leviatan never says anything.

Group Leader
The mean messages and all that garbage actually is meh, what really sticks out is

-the ones asking for next chapter right after one is released
-saying the chapter's short (basically undermining the work of the author and the time we put in to scanlate it)
-complaining about release dates when we were already super fast
-complain about consistency when it's just a hobby for us scanlators.
and THAT'S super super common. most people do it so yes, it's the majority.
If you don't realize how ungrateful those comments are, you're part of the issue.

If you actually wanna avoid fucking up a scanlator avoid those, not the mean stuff.
@ZombiesAreNotOkay -thanks for giving your opinion and i totally agree.

Why are you guys still discussing this? He pulled the chapters because that’s his right.

Whether that makes him a man-child screaming for attention or a guy that just had it with rude people is subjective.

I’ve been reading manga and watching anime for over 15 years, and it’s always been like this with fansubbers and translators. But you know what guys? The internet is a big place and there will always be places where you can still read all chapters and they don’t give a fuck about him, his feelings, or his effort. It’s not like he’s translating it anymore, he has no actual influence over any of us. Him taking his chapters down, and the other guy possibly taking his chapters down, means absolutely nothing.

Now I do think that people should chill with being so entitled, you do understand that we’re all doing illegal distribution of intellectual property, right? A crime? We deserve nothing, and I’m extremely grateful for all translators out there that let us enjoy all these stories.

So just move on, if you want to re-read the story or suggest it to a friend there are other places you can do that. Google is a magical tool after all.

Mangadex is just an aggregator site that just so happens to ALSO allow us to read chapters in a clean, comfortable way... but at the end you can still use it as a… you know.... inDEX.. and proceed from there.

Look at leaviatan scans for example: As soon as they took over some series, people started to complain about the delay or visiting its website.

Hell, day one there were people trying to say their site had viruses on COHD.

https://mangadex.org/thread/55587/6/#post_635754
https://mangadex.org/thread/55587/6/#post_633442

All based on a McCafee alert that was about phishing. Which if you take one look at their website, you can tell it's not trying to impersonate any other website. McCafee's just a shit program.

And if you look, you'll find my posts addressing the issue.

https://mangadex.org/thread/55587/6/#post_634879
https://mangadex.org/thread/55587/6/#post_635218
https://mangadex.org/thread/55587/6/#post_636397

Imagine being casually accused of trying to spread viruses by entirely ignorant people. Added on top of people whining about delays on uploads, delays on releases, asking when will the chapter be out every other minute.

It's not at all surprising that people get fed up with this shit.

Especially when some of it you have to respond to. You can't have people thinking your site is malicious when it's not just because you let some ignorant twit go unanswered.

@ZombiesAreNotOkay
@Panma

@ZombiesAreNotOkay

At this point I don't know why I'm still talking about this but since you gave me (what seems to be) a sincere reply I felt you deserved one in turn. This whole thing, it's all a cycle of pettiness. It happens every day, to every person, all over the world. You're driving too slow, you didn't say thank you to someone holding the door, you got a customer's order wrong, or you were doing absolutely nothing at all. No one is exempt from this. It's how we handle this stress that shows what kind of people we are. And if you're the type of person that lets internet strangers get to you and influence the enjoyment of your hobbies or lets them affect your attitude in any meaningful way then you really need to find yourself a safe space (I mean this literally: find some place where you don't get stressed by what's around you).

Do I feel bad that he's received negative comments? Sure. It sucks. Do I think he's somehow special or unique because has to deal with them? No. He's just like everyone else. At the end of the day if this was truly an attempt to wash his hands of the drama and negativity, he would simply have done it and walked away. But he didn't.

Group Leader
@DiabolicalHaterAnonx well to inconvenience the shitheads he's fucking over everyone else.
The only ones benefiting from this whole thing are km, kkl and mr.

I wish there was a better way this whole mess could've gone.

Group Leader
@Rygdar I have no love for any aggregate, including Mangadex. While I prefer this one for giving me a choice, the mangadex fanbase often tries to police this choice by harassing for the delay and accusing you of being [insert aggregate name] shill if you do something they don't like... like exercising that choice and pulling the chapters you've done for any reason including the licensing of the project by the third party and attempt to support official releases. Seeing shit like this: https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/572516678798409728/572534492875456552/unknown.png makes me resent the platform.

Which is why argument such as "this only benefits x, y, and z" doesn't matter whatsoever to me personally. Like I said before if you or anybody else cares about Mangadex itself, you are free to scanlate those chapters again. In reality, I saw this coming as I was personally dealing not just with A Returners Magic fanbase, which was mild compared to Solo leveling one, but multiple others which reached a pretty crazy amount of views. Which is why I can completely relate to what he is going through and why he decided this.

The One
Staff
Admin
This really isn't the place to discuss this, y'all could've taken it the groups comments or DMs.

Gonna lock the comments here for while.

ripperoni
gonna be buying the official translated ver if one ever makes it to the surface

The hell just happened? Did those toxic mfkers harass another group into the ground? Can't believe we've lost another good group on a great series because of entitled toxic cunts.

Edit: I want to personally ask another group to pick it up, but I don't want anyone to have to face the harassment and toxicity that comes with it.

Users who are viewing this thread