A Returner's Magic Should Be Special

Double-page supporter
Can someone tell me which part of this are considered as Isekai

nowadays, you can say reincarnated life or back to past as isekai. its hard to always add the new categories

@Kizuro Well in the beginning before he went back in time it was very clearly stated that his party was made up of people from a bunch of different worlds. That the Shadow Realm or whatever connects to different worlds. Also reincarnating or going back in time in the same world, or being reincarnated or transferred to a new world all have the same plot point. Using what you know from your world/time to change things where you are now. It's splitting hairs to say that this isn't isekai just because he isn't in another world. Also going back in time and changing history could easily be considered being transported to a "parallel universe".

Any idea if the story has either romance or a romance equivalent character growth plot?
Lately everything I read the characters are easily tossed aside. No real development. Begh.

This manhwa wouldn't really be defined as isekai but tensei (rebirth). Both genres however generally are very similar in terms of setting and narrative so they're often grouped together. It would probably be best to just make the tag isekai/tensei so people can stop arguing about genres.

Bruh... is this me or the Big Guys sounds like Heavy from TF2!?
https://files.gamebanana.com/img/ss/wips/59fa925e2890f.jpg

@d can you specify? Are you claiming that there's an identical manga that's better than this? Most mangas in this category are complete dogshit

@dicksmasha this isnt the traditional isekai stuff where they die in "our world" and come op in the fantasy world, in this one he came back in time and is trying to right wrongs before a calamity occurs. Dont knock it till you try it? If @d means little witch academia i really dont think they're alike at all other than they're in a school

Group Leader
Sees new chapter before going to sleep. Great! Wakes up to another chapter. Awesome! Thanks for the fast releases.

this isnt the traditional isekai stuff where they die in "our world" and come op in the fantasy world, in this one he came back in time and is trying to right wrongs before a calamity occurs. Dont knock it till you try it? If @d means little witch academia i really dont think they're alike at all other than they're in a school

It's another magic school manhua. It's not terrible but it's really not all that original.

d

@dicksmasha @Urabask let me clarify: meant to say 'The Irregular at Magic High School'. I legit forgot the title and just wrote magic academy ?

I said rip off but it's more like the mcs are similar. The mc in that manga has the same powers and face the same 'problems'. Power to analyze and disassemble magic, low affinity for magic, gets discriminated against for his low affinity, etc.

here for the people who want to read the raws :
https://funbe.net/%EA%B7%80%ED%99%98%EC%9E%90%EC%9D%98-%EB%A7%88%EB%B2%95%EC%9D%80-%ED%8A%B9%EB%B3%84%ED%95%B4%EC%95%BC-%ED%95%A9%EB%8B%88%EB%8B%A4

@d:
@dicksmasha @Urabask let me clarify: meant to say 'The Irregular at Magic High School'. I legit forgot the title and just wrote magic academy ?

I said rip off but it's more like the mcs are similar. The mc in that manga has the same powers and face the same 'problems'. Power to analyze and disassemble magic, low affinity for magic, gets discriminated against for his low affinity, etc.

IMO critique of this of genre doesn't even need to be that specific. It's just another battle school/magic school story. Before iesekai came into vogue it was a popular genre and this really isn't straying to far from the formula.

Reading the synopsis..
Seems to me like the same premise with Tales of Demons and Gods,.
Going back in the past to prevent disaster in the future,?
Hmm imma try reading it later and compare if it's the same as TODG hehe ?
Hope not..

Latest chapter was a pleasant surprice, glad to see this manhua isn`t entirely black and white.

Users who are viewing this thread