A Returner's Magic Should Be Special

So... They went full 'french' on the nobles and somehow in 10 years the noble got the power back? That is not how that worked. That is not how that worked at all.

Dex-chan lover
@RaiJin17 Going back in the past to prevent disaster in the future,
to end up back in school with the knowlage of the future is not that uncommon of a trope.
but they can play out pretty diffrently.
say, something like "Hiraheishi wa Kako o Yumemiru" is allmost the same synopsis

I would recommend " X - Epoch of the Dragon " its also back in time and i find it pretty enjoyable aswell from the pure BS the MC dose with his knowlage of the future....
Or if you want something similar to "RE:Zero" where the MC can return to the past when he dies (more then once), there is "Skeleton Soldier Couldn't Protect the Dungeon" to name a few back to the past mangas.

There are tons of them, not to mention the once that are "MC gets send into/reborn in the future that somehow is worse then the past becouse of X reason like a world war or other stuff"
like for example "The Strongest Sage" or "Magi Craft Meister".
i could go on forever as i am a huge Isekai/ reincarnation nerd, but im going to stop here ?
if you ever want some fantasy manga tips, feel free to hit me up ?

Dex-chan lover
@NormalPeople
He didn't go back a month before the tragedy started. He went back 3 years before entering the shadow world. This will be a long arc of training and building friendships and enemies, which I find great. There's actually going to be a plot instead of lots of events that are just thrown in the story because reasons

This has really started to suck, i dont think its worth reading it.
Art is a bit below par, characters are uninspired and plot is generally unclear (even if thats on purpose i dont think its to a degree thats acceptable).
This was less clear earlier on as you have less to judge it but from about chapter 15 the flaws are evident.

@Bramia
What I meant was that the manhwa is like air, the MC is empty and the chapters are too short to move forward the story, because the author extends the scenes too much. Moreover, I don't know why you are so convinced that there will be no event "that is simply thrown into history for reasons". I think it will be worse like there will be many and the only justification is that he already knew they would occur.

Its started so well, but now it's like going at a snails pace.

The author really needs to move the story somewhere.

23 chapters already and this is going nowhere. If it wasn't for the almost daily updates I would have dropped this already.

Fed-Kun's army
In the last ten chapters we've had, among other things;

*the establishment of both sides of an ongoing political conflict;
*an introduction to the grey (maybe black) market
*The MC making use of his knowledge to start training his party members
*Pram getting his shit together and kicking ass

The pacing could be a little faster, but "nothing is happening"? That's preposterously silly.

Fed-Kun's army
@MarceloYuri The French Revolution played out the way it did because the nobles spent too much time wallowing in decadence instead of killing revolutionaries. By the time they started getting their shit together it was too late.

The FR throwback in this series is a fairly accurate representation of how peasant revolts usually play out.

Man I love manga/manhua/etc like this. Anyone got any recommendations perhaps for similar stuff? OP MCs are kind of my guilty pleasure.

As for pacing, I think it's not too bad, to be honest, with the releases the way they are and the amount of content. It's only been a month since it started getting scanlated after all.

Double-page supporter
The pacing seems fine to me. It's a little on the slow side, but not enough that I find it distracting. The plot is advancing at a fair clip, and if it keeps moving like this I can't imagine this arc dragging on excessively.

Dex-chan lover
Rather than "advancing slowly", I think it'd be more appropriate to claim that, the story is placing more emphasis on things that do not seem related to the end-goal of the MC.
Which is, to get to the shadow-world as a powerful group, essentially.
After 20 or so chapters, it keeps telling us that what is actually most important -- is to have conflict of status (how very Chinese), have mini-arcs about seemingly redundant character-growth that could've being left out (Pram's having daddy issues is pretty much only used to attach himself to the MC, it's like creating extra steps instead of just focus on powering up in general)...

I can keep going, but essentially, instead of "powering up", we had much more of interpersonal relationship drama and socio-political squabbles, most of which do not even fully benefit the might of a supremely skilled individual, with information about future events. It feels like the author is just needlessly stretching out the story after it had an explosive start.
I don't think it completely went to shit, but just not yet. It certainly lasted longer than I expected.

Dex-chan lover
@Solipsist I disagree. The way the story moves is giving everyone reasons to, not only become stronger than their previous lives, but want to do it, which most series leave aside. He's also building a bond with people who would otherwise die before reaching their peak condition. I can't believe people could be against world building when every chapter either gives us more reasons as to why each character sticks with each other, loathes another or becomes stronger. Not everything has to be a world-fate-deciding battle

Man everyone is used to the old fast paced stories which I personally don't like because so many things change without explanation but in this story everything is being attended and story has real details and I love this for it. Everyone please stop saying it is slow paced because this is how stories are supposed to develop.?

Dex-chan lover
@Bramia You're not wrong, but the overall impact of everything you wrote was incredibly minor in the actual chapters we saw so far. Other than everything I wrote, I think it's a mix of things. One of which is that not much is covered in every chapter, which only makes the focus on "developing their bonds" to feel needlessly long and bothersome when so few is covered between each release. 20 chapters sounds a lot, but it feels like nothing at all has happened.

Pacings fine for me, I enjoy every little bit of story even though I'd love to keep reading more. I feel like people are too impatient and want to just have big events constantly handed to them.

Users who are viewing this thread