A Romantic Comedy That Only I Know - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
Looking at it another way, they got to fill two wishes with the price of one.
Looking further, it was no different than just her wishing to be cured herself. So a bit roundabout way of wish granting.

So... He cured her with his memories as a payment, but she made a wish he wouldn't forget with her memories as a payment? Ain't that convinient

"Oil"
Liquid gold I tell ya, you wish for enough magic oil and you won't even give a shit that your girlfriend is a terminally ill schizo

So this is what i gather.
his wish: for her to get cured.
his payment: that everyone forget their time together (including him, I guess ).
her wish: so he would never forget her.
her payment: maybe she is the one who ended up forgetting instead.

@HerculeSSJ @Laosk I think there are several possible outcomes:
1. His wish consequence - her forgetting him;
Her wish didn't work properly or didn't need any intervention, so no price paid.
This version is supported by the fact, that her reply message(if what he saw on her phone was indeed a reply) simply stated her wish, while his explicitly stated the cost of his wish.
2.His wish consequence - both forgetting their relationships;
Her wish consequence - unknown or her dying sooner;
Her wish allowed him to remember, but we don't know what price she had to pay.
3.His wish consequence - him forgetting her;
Her wish consequence - her forgetting him;
Her wish negated the consequence of Souta's wish.
Maybe there are some details i didn't notice, as it's still quite dubious.

This is a masterpiece. But because I have a smooth brain, I can't understand shit

Fed-Kun's army
hmmm i guess this just like touma and misaki case is not it ?

@VINT64 Looking back, it seems as though their relationship was supposed to disappear, so both parties forget about the relationship. However, she wished that he would remember, and thus only she ended up forgetting.

I think I've got it.

His wish: Cure her illness, prevent her death -> Saving her as she is so she can live on (in the future)

Her wish: He never forgets her, prevent her death (in his mind) -> Saving his memory of her (the past) so that can live on

His cost: Her memories of their past

Her cost: Her ability to form new memories in the future

I can't tell whether I should be sad or happy. So many loose ends. Is she ok? Is she gonna die??? IS HE ok?

Dex-chan lover
The stuff was a bit confusing at the last few pages, exactly what happened?
The phoneboy asked for "the relationship" as payment, but mc then decided to suicide (which I assumed was because of sad, but then his dialogue indicated that the suicide was a part of the deal? Except it clearly wasnt?)?
And the phonegirl asked that in return for humangirl getting "the humanboy" (humangirls message only had his name in it, nothing else), humangirl pays with "humanboy never forgetting her" (but he never were forgetting, it was the girl forgetting him? so it was redundant, unless his failure at suicide is because if he ever becomes mortal and dies it counts as forgetting her? My guess is redundant, as the payment supposedly was equivalent to the request, and humangirl asking for him was redundant as he already were hers)?

Feels like he just wanted to suicide by himself (in which case I have no idea what his lines about "refund" was about), and him not doing it wasnt permanent as soon as he gets fed up again.

@GrayBypasser
in "1" you forget that in the end it shows her cost.
Her wish was "boysname-kun" (it showed her wish in the chapter when the mail was first brought up, and it was only his name),
and her price was "boysname-kun never forgetting her" (shown at end)
And no, I refuse to accept any arguments about reflection being censoring to keep her wish a mystery until some anticlimatic reveal (that fell flat), with the one at the end being the reveal uncensoring it! :D (though I do also have a proper reason: the phone glowed from a new notification, hence the message being the reply)

Users who are viewing this thread