A Romantic Comedy That Only I Know - Oneshot

@feha Well, when her phone was first shown it showed only a name and yeah a reflection was used as a means to hide her wish. And it made perfect sense that we connect the message on her phone with censored name, with message showing his name but hiding everything else. After all, who the heck wishes something using only a name? What that wish supposed to mean? It sounds a bit unreasonable. And those phone wish genies are supposed to take something, making somebody unable to forget sounds sketchy, of course it can be interpreted as taking the ability to forget, but still. All in all, it is a confusing story, at least when it comes to her wish and phone.
Also, i don't think his suicide speech has anything to do with his payment, what are those idications you speak of? He just thought maybe all those wishes and repercussions were to drive him to the point of suicide, these were just your typical idle suicide thoughts.
About the phone glowing, now that i think about it, it is very strange. He didn't touch the phone and yet that message was already full screen, which is not usually possible(not considering some customized settings or software).The notification was not new,i guess, as it was showed when she was holding her phone. Maybe it wasn't even a notification and author simply went with something convenient but unexplainable(highly possible).

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
I don't know if this is a happy ending, or even a good ending. What I do know is that it is not a bad ending.

Most powerful member of the GFG
Staff
Super Moderator
double comment bug strikes again!

This thing is 8.5/10, very sad and bittersweet.

Dex-chan lover
@GrayBypasser I mean, yeah, the reason I refuse to accept those arguments are because I know that is likely how it is intended :p If I dont refuse to accept those arguments I will be obliged to agree :d
As for the indications, it is mostly the weird-font bubbles, where he talks about being stopped to suicide is equivalent to a "refund" (and how "the world isnt convenient like that" so he still has to jump (which further implies he thinks he has to even if he doesnt want to))

@feha It's not good to lie to yourself, you should just accept those arguments and move on. I know, the world is a vast place, you will surely find another even more exciting manga, with lots of less contradictory stuff. :)
By speaking about refund he means that she shouldn't be there as she no longer knows him, and her talking with him again reminds him of past. He wants to be with her, but they now have no connection, therefore her showing up is so convenient("convenient world") he can't believe it. It is further proved by him saying ,,Stay out of my delusions"(it's hard for him to accept that she is standing there even when she doesn't remeber him).

Dex-chan lover
TBH it felt kinda forced. Don't know what to feel with this manga.

Group Leader
Extended true ending: they get married and after sex, she remembers everything.

Dex-chan lover
@feha

you guys need to read more.
When he was saying that his suicide was the real price, he meant that the intent of being forgotten was meant to drive him to such sadness that he would want to kill himself. In this way, the payment would parallel the wish. One life for another. It obviously, didn't happen this time, but that was the thought behind it.
As for the girl's wish, we can see another parallel. She wished for the boy to never forget her, and what ended up happening was that she forgot him.
The main thing in this oneshot is the fine print trope in wish stories.
You get exactly what you wished for, but not in the way you expected. I agree with another post that it felt a bit forced, but I blame that it's a oneshot.
I think overall, it's a well done bitter-sweet story.
and I'd like to think they eventually got their happy ending.

So, she forgot all about him and will probably NTR him with another guy while consigning him to an existence where he can’t forget about her even if he wants to.
The third last page was weird too. Why would she hold his hand if there are no vestiges of her former feelings for him? Does that imply she’d do this with just anyone? Getting mixed feelings from this tbh.

Dex-chan lover
I can never get into these stories where the supernatural element operates by its own arbitrary roles and has been wedged too awkwardly into the world just to further the plot. It might seem counterintuitive to ask for better worldbuilding from a oneshot, but the lack of it in cases like this should detract from the story even for people who don't much care for the logical side of things too much, just because of how "forced" this makes the circumstances seem.

I skipped the tags thinking it would be alright. Now I have the feels goddamnit.

Dex-chan lover
The story, I like it.

The comment section, people bringing up ntr this ntr that, not cool.

Users who are viewing this thread