The Fantasie of a Stepmother - Vol. 1 Ch. 12 - Restarting Makes No Sense (11)

@Avenger88id That was MC's mother. It appears she takes the lessons she learned from her and the attitude that previous Marchioness had to protect the household, the kids, and herself.

@mammaria Considering chapter 12 seemed it was the first life, i'm guessing it didnt take her down the happy ending path. Hard to say wrong path as it did allow her to protect everyone but cant say correct as the kids grew up to resent her.

This story give me the chills. 😖
Love how the author described mc outer n inner struggle.
U can feel the suffocation of leaving in her shoes.

Thank u for the great translation too!
Great work. I can feel the emotion the mc is in.

@luckpack

AAAAH that makes so much more sense. I was really confused as to why a reincarnator was having issues with something she'd done before.

Thank you bob, sharn, boba and jasmine for working hard to provide us your translation ☺☺☺ Respect all of you

Ah, it took a few mins to realize this was from the old timeline. If they didn't say the Duke organized the banquet, it would've really, really confusing.

Dex-chan lover
So following the mommy route is what made her end up being hated in her past life. Allowed her to stay on power until the heir was eligible, but she lost support in the end. Makes sense to how she was able to last that long.

The black panel/background usually means it's a flashback. But when the whole chapter has black panel backrounds, well, it's easy to miss.

Contributor
This is a flasback to show why and how she acted the 1st time, and to explain it probably wasn't the best way, but the only one she could think off to survive, even if it means being hated by everyone .

Dex-chan lover
@Redice
@Airantu

In an earlier discussion people mentioned that the kids didn't actually hate the mother in the end, 'just a prank' that dragged on, they were supposed to welcome and accept her at the marriage, IIRC the wife had other plans.

Dex-chan lover
I almost expect the current her to be ready to throw down a sack of her own coins with a wager of "fuck y'all, I got this".

@Mangareader
Basically the way I'm getting is that their act of "hate" ends up going on for too long where it starts to become awkward to just come and say they didn't mean it. The prank ended up becoming a reality and in the worst way possible with her death. That's really sad. I'm glad it's no longer the case and they can actually start to think of each other as important and irreplaceable family.

Users who are viewing this thread