A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 60 - Epilogue 4 - The Ending of a Fairy Tale (5)

I'm re-reading the first chapters to see if more people remember the 'past' as Shuli does.
And there is this scene from her ex-husband's funeral where Jeremy looks at her as if he's seen a ghost. Chapter 3-5 to be exact.
So I do think maybe Jeremy brought her back maybe with the help of someone else or that he remembers the past where Shuli died.

It breaks my heart.
I don't care about anyone but Shuri.
😭 she got her second chance but she didn't even know how brutal her death is.
If Shuri is me, I am going to scared of everyone around me.

Well the captain told his friend from the church that Shuli will go away and because of that she's got killed, so it's part of his fault.

God, just wanna praise the cleaners and redrawers. With all that textures and effect, this must have been hell to clean and redraw. You guys are so amazing!!!

Double-page supporter
@Emhola is that how it was? It seemed to me that he was looking at her weirdly because he didn't expect her to actually sincerely mourn for Johannes

So everything went according to the Church’s plan in the past... Jeremy didn’t marry that girl so two powerful houses didn’t join their forces. The murderer of a noble will fuel a civil war (? This is not exactly clear, I mean if the war is a civil war against the “poor” or against some other country? 🤔) and the church will gain authority and prestige. I’m so sad that Jeremy in this timeline is temperamental and easily to “move”, that is: to use. While Nora at the ending of the chapter was a surprise! This means that he’d be successful in any case? But for sure he’s a lot happier in this timeline, like all the others... it’s incredible how everyone is connected with the happiness of the others 😊

Aggregator gang
@Boshra666

I totally agree with your unpopular opinion. She was a teen with a ton of responsibility and kids thrust upon her and a much older adult that was supposed to protect her and support her didn't even do his job and scorned her and just argh... this chapter and the feels.
I totally agree with you Boshra666 👍

@spinaple
That was my initial thought too, but Jeremy is alot more present around Shuli in the new timeline. Plus Shuli must have been dead for some time before getting resurrected, since her family learnt of her death.
His reaction could also be seen as him being suprised she actually alive ~ but I'm just throwing out a theory since we don't know who brought Shuli back or how. But if you try to reread the chapters with the mindset that Jeremy also knows of the past, the reading experience is a bit different

Double-page supporter
This is getting more intense and darker with every chapter.. Shuli died, the family got the news, the wedding might be canceled, and now Nora has appeared.

I wonder when this would end.

For those of you that want to know what happened in the novel! Her body, for example, wasn’t simply stabbed or strangled... the novel was much more darker.

Just so you guys know, in the novel she wasn’t simply killed. They dragged her out of the carriage and dismembered her body that was then found near a waterfall. Nora was the Knight that picked up the pieces and although he later talks to Jeremy in a horrible manner (something along the lines that Shulis body is just rotting meat) he is deeply shaken by the events.
Ohara, that nasty piece of s***, tries to seduce Nora after Jeremy tried to strangle her at the wedding and Nora was the one to stop him. He obviously doesn’t fall for her trick and calls her out on it.

Every epilogue chapter of revelation is deeply heartbreaking. She suffered a lot but at the end, even before her tragic death, she never achieved her happiness. She got nothing, actually.

So it was Ohara who one-sidedly made her leave, that absolute bitch.

I guess in the first life, they liked her but didn't want to admit it

This chapter is truly painful.. Shuli suffered in the first life as well as the second one. But atleast she could find happiness in the second one

Users who are viewing this thread