A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 60 - Epilogue 4 - The Ending of a Fairy Tale (5)

Ohara had her own personal issues and insecurities, but she had nothing to do with Shuli's murder. That's why she looks so shocked. This happened because the Cardinal saw an opportunity, but they weren't even colluded. It's an old-school tragedy of errors.

Dex-chan lover
Gasp. Oh my god. I.. this.. oh my god.

Many thanks

Also for everyone who kinda wants a summary or what happened: From what I understood til now: this is the previous timeline and the events right before and after shulis death.

From the last two chapters: the knight (of the family who wanted to stop shuli from leaving and bring her back) found Shuli and got captured at the scene by the 'setup' knights who were dispatched by the cardinal (who were suppose to blame bandits or the boarder country or something because that knight actually wasn't suppose to be there). That's why he was in handcuffs. And jeremy... Being already mad just went ham and kinda attacked the poor knight. Also obara looked shocked because she only wanted shuli to be far away so she never excepted the trip to lead to shuli's death. also it seems that nora is part of a secret service to the emperor who is being sent as a unbiased investigator. I still don't really understand why they (the church) needed to kill shuli in the first place, but it had something to do with war and getting the family house to not support the emperor or something

Whoa. Wow.
I re-read this chapter like 3 times and whoa... it's still gave me goosebumps every single time. This is so heartbreaking.

This tragedy.. isn't supposed to happen. So Ohara wasn't the one behind the murder plot but she's the catalyst that's being used by those filthy cardinals.

Oh and one more thing. It seems that the knight captain is being framed for this when he's the only one who found out the situation first. Those sarti-something dudes, what are they?? They're so sketchy. I guess that's why the Emperor ordered Nora to make a separate secret investigation because nobody can be trusted.

wait wait. I was thinking about it again and yes the head captain actually had some roles in Shuli's tragic murder. HE TOLD HIS PRIEST FRIEND REGARDING SHULI. This happened also because of his incompetency as a captain and distrust towards Shuli, his master, when he's not supposed to ever do that. Well. I guess this explains why he's so shell shocked, aside from the fact that the horrendous thing happened, his hands are also tainted with blood.

Major kudos to the artist. Such amazing detail and composition.

Gahh idk if I could function properly after reading this chapter.

Dex-chan lover
Make this the whole storyline now. Jeremy on a vendetta against the ebil church. No isekai, time travel, reincarnation. Just a medieval punisher.

Dex-chan lover
season2 better be about destroying the church or at the very least reform

This is really heartbreaking!!! Im cryinggg
But i know this is the past timeline, i know they're all happy in the present. Still her past is sad it makes me angry, my heart was literally racing as i was reading. I hope shuli gets to investigate her murder in the past life

jyc

whaat i feel bad for the dude who got framed?? i guess he wasn't actually in on it

also, grown up nora is just --- wow

ok normally I hate flashbacks but this is SO FUCKING GOOOOD. also, quite frustration but JEEZZ

Users who are viewing this thread