A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 60 - Epilogue 4 - The Ending of a Fairy Tale (5)

So guys I am a bit confused. Is this the original timeline where shuli died? Or is this the second timeline which we have been following up till this arc and did she die again? Much confuse so wow

The art is stunning

oh my gosh rachel crying has me tearing up. so many emotions out of this chapter. i hope the disgusting priests get punished 10 fold in the current timeline

Dex-chan lover
@Doodads Yeah, knowing it was his bitch of a fiancé that did it was new info I believe, but I beyond hated the church chapter since it was just stupid rambling that could have been condensed in to 4-5 pages and still got the same message across. It was just too much random filler stuff that just puts me off in general when it comes to recaps.

Dex-chan lover
@Aheyshsh It doesn't change the fact that Jeremy will most likely blame Ohara, and call of the marriage. He already believes that Shuli left because of their confrontation, and thus will only exacerbate the situation. In fact, I believe that this is what this arc's title refers to: the bed of Ohara's "fairy tale" not Shuli's, since the step-mother didn't like her life.

@Aheyshsh I disagree. It was completely out of line for Ohara to do what she did. While she is not responsible for her death, as she didn't know this would happen, she is not the one who is allowed to make that decision, Jeremy is. And she lied when she used his name. If she was truthful and said that she herself didn't want her there then it would have been a different matter, but as such she is in the wrong here. Also, not inviting someone because they would be a "distraction" is bullshit, it is the same as declaring that they are breaking off ties with her.

sooo I just caught up. why is this called epilogue when its supposed to be prologue?

Dex-chan lover
@Tijaaaa wel, its not like time travel is instant, and what got transferred was only her memories. If we think that every little second is a different time, then there is no reason for everyone and everything to move back in time when 1 person does it, so the world where she was killed still exist, just in a time that can't be reached.

@Xirre Yes the events of this arc are a prologue to the rest of the story, but it is the epilogue of the original timeline, or "fairytale".

Double-page supporter
I'm really sad that Shuli didn't know how much her children loved her in the original storyline. I think that's probably what's more heartbreaking.

Thanks for the update!

I feel like reading comment section is more aggravating that what actually happen in the chapter as well because on how many people seeing all these in black & white perspective rather than in grey lenses like??? it's easy to point a blame at Ohara because she's the trigger to make Shuli leaves the mansion and resulting her getting killed in the process because of Cardinal's plan to eradicate her. But have we really read the same way on the previous chapter what triggers her to say this? Sure, I don't say to defend her because she was clearly at fault to say something unnecessary to Shuli to not attending the wedding. But again it all came from miscommunication that Shuli had done hence resulting misunderstanding on every sides, Unlike in her second timelines where Ohara probably can be the allies for the Neuschwanstein. I don't blame on Shuli either because considering her background who suddenly just married to Marquis family so she had a lot of thing to adjust so it's never been easy to her. So in the end it was unavoidable that resulting Shuli lead to tragic end.

@jixiator she just wanted her to leave the mansion, she had no knowledge about her planned murder. of course she feels like shit.. she's got issues but she's no monster

@Sunyi9230 yeah. it's the prologue of the story, actually

Users who are viewing this thread