A Stepmother's Märchen - Vol. 1 Ch. 61 - Epilogue 5 - The Ending of a Fairy Tale (6)

EXPLAINING SOME MAJOR POINTS THAT CONFUSE PEOPLE:

1) THIS ARCH IS CONFUSING, WHY IS IT NAMED EPILOGUE? IT'S MISLEADING.
This arch is named Epilogue mostly because it shows what happens after Shuli's death in her first life (Epilogue = after her death/end).

Like many other users said, the chapters are POV of the different characters.
Also here a small summary of what happened so far.
- EPILOGUE 1: Ohara
Day before the wedding, she met with Jeremy who requested that Shuli would stay in the house a little after the marriage. Ohara feared that she would end up like her mother, discharged for another woman by her lover, so she went to Shuli and said Jeremy doesn't want her during the marriage (not true).

- EPILOGUE 2: SHULI?/ABIGTON?
Shuli, clearly hurt, thinks it's the best to depart but stops the children to ask their opinion. They laughed at her and told it would fun to see her humiliated. She then proceeds with her decision even though the captain of the house, Abigton, tries to convince her otherwise.
He complains about it the assistant of the cardinal which told everyone to the latter.

- EPILOGUE 3: CHURCH/ABIGTON
the church discuss about Shuli and plans to kill her by bandits so they can use that story to ruin the empire reputation and gain more power/reputation.
Abigton, uneasy to have left her madam like that, tries to reach the wagon but finds her dead.

- EPILOGUE 4: THE KIDS
it's the wedding day, the kids come to know that Shuli went away from home and Jeremy discovers it too, confronting Ohara and deciding the wedding won't happen until Shuli comes back. Then, the secret empire police comes in the church and communicate that Shuli was found dead and that the responsible of the murder was found near there (captain Abigton which is not true that he planned) and Jeremy, full of rage, tries to kill him.

- EPILOGUE 5: NORA
Nora remembers the first time they met each other while he was investigating the case under the emperor's order. The flashbacks show how much he yearned for her in the shadows and that he is deeply hurt to have lost her.

2) WHO IS THE ONE THAT CONSIDERED SHULI AS LOVER? NORA OR JEREMY?
It was Jeremy who thought of her as lover and not Nora (please, check the silhouette of his hair, it's clearly Jeremy). Also I think that "lover" means Shuli as the one he loved romantically and not that they were actually lovers with sexy stuff etc. (aka one sided love)
Jeremy has gone half mad because he finally understood that the woman he ever loved died.

4) DID NORA SAVED SHULI?
No, Nora didn't saved Shuli, she is dead. Nora is just remembering "their" story together and how much he yearned for her. The panel where he is embracing her is misleading but it's just his immagination.

5) WHO IS ABIGTON?
Abigton is the captain of Neuschwanstein house, the one who went to the wagon to reach shuli. His friend, the assistant of the cardinal, is begging to save his life to the cardinal.

UWAHHHHH WHY MUST THEY HURT ME EVERY CHAPTER (´._.`). I always check the genre when i finished the chapter and see if they added tragedy tag hopefully they have not 🙂🔪. tyvm for the translation 😖😍😘

Dex-chan lover
Again, the current arc has no importance or impact to the actual plot.

just a way to force readers to cry and buy time so that the author could decide the actual plot's direction.

this all never came to happen and since the only one who knows or experienced it (Shuli) don't even remember her death, what do the characters action after her death have anything to do with her? not like she became a ghost and observed everything.

how long would this side plot continue for? I really hope we get back to the actual story soon.

@no168_92, I mean, I disagree with you.

The author isn’t forcing the readers to do anything, and it’s quite offensive of you to think that this isn’t important when it actually is.

The author is explaining several things that happened that can be important. We don’t know anything that has happened until now in the current life regarding the church and why they are trying to bring down Shuli. We don’t know if there’s relation of Shuli with the Empress (cuz she is exactly identical, and is quite rare). We don’t know about the bigger picture. We just know that the relationship of Shuli with the children is better, that’s all.

@no168_92 No importance or Impact to actual plot?
I disagree. it shows powerstuggle between royal family and church in the shadows which will be relevant in actual plot, Shows how Nora conflict with family influenced his later life which also can be relevant in actual plot as in will he also become an Imperial Agent.

Dex-chan lover
@Sl23ga
@Tabriel013

all said and done, everything could ALSO be shown in the actual timeline we are in. no need to reverse the clock and show a What IF scenario that would never come to happen after all.

the power struggle and church backsided dealing would still happen in the present, so why not show it there and the actual consequence and characters reaction to them?

now WHEN it does happen AGAIN we get maybe the same reaction or something else. This current arc can be do without and the story would still progress the same meaning does this arc have any sort of impact or effect at all to what's actually in the present? would things change?

this arc is not a flashback of history, it's a re-telling of a past that never happened.

think about it.

@no168_92
I believe this arch is more important than we could imagine. It's interesting because it shows what happens after Shuli's death (which doesn't happen in other manhwas with the same genre) and it adds more depth to the original story.

We come to know stuff that even shuli didn't know (the church was already aiming for her in the first timeline, Nora was infatued, the kids wanted her to be present at the wedding, etc).

Also, we discover why some characters behave in certain way like Ohara who didn't want to end up like her mother and how some characters' life would unfold if Shuli didn't interfere with them like Nora who become the emperor's order servant.

I love this arch tbh

To conclude, the author already finished the novel so the artist isnt taking time because thats exactly part of their plans :)

PS, adding to your last comment, these flashbacks in the second timeline would have been unlogical. Shuli only remembers stuff until her death while other are unaware of the first timeline. We are currently seeing what happened after Shuli's death (so she can't know) with the other characters (but they can't know in the second timeline in which shuli reincarnates)

Dex-chan lover
@pinable

I get your point, maybe if this was a side-chapter in a novel, I could see that and understand the need for it.

but the adaptation can also shorten the pages or cover only what absolutely necessary.

words and pictures carries different weight and pacing. A single picture is worth a thousand words after all.

maybe it's just me, but I kinda feel like the current arc is kinda unnecessary in manhwa form since it takes away chapters from actual plot that could progress further.

So shuli was basically seen as the queen of high society ? it seems she was far more powerful and loved than what she thought

@no168_92 I agree with @pinable honestly. It add a depth that is never there in other stories of the same genre.

Damn, this made me sad. Thank god they covered this arc. It really m showed who were the characters who had to live with regrets after the decisions were made

omg the artwork in thos chapter is so beautiful! I love that we get to see what happened after the mc died, it's something that doesnt happen a lot in other manhwas and mangas

@no168_92
This whole arc literally highlights the importance and stakes of what Shuli is doing now in the current story. Because it's mainly from her perspective we don't get much insight outside of stuff she actually knows. She died thinking the kids disliked her and that Jeremy didn't want her at the wedding - when he very much did.

There are assumptions that she'd made based off of her previous life, that could be wrong and that she may apply to this lifetime, one reason why this epilogue is important.

Her second run at life means she's more experienced with how to navigate through the minefield that is nobility. The fact that she's more adept at stopping the special interests of other parties (Empresses grab for the Dukedom with the trial; the church) means that said parties are a lot more aware of her this time round.

The church were involved her first death (as shown by this arc of "no importance") and now in the present timeline they are obviously taking note of her a lot faster than they originally did. This arc is good at raising the stakes in that department.

Users who are viewing this thread