A Sword Master Childhood Friend Power Harassed Me Harshly, so I Broke off Our Relationship and Made a Fresh Start at the Frontier as a Magic Swordsma…

Dex-chan lover
.... wait.... is she just a sadist that doesn't know that her boyfriend isn't an M???

Dex-chan lover
wow this feel so old coz im reading the novel xD, now i understand the ppl waiting for the manga to catch up the the novels

ty for the chapter

@Hollow7F
Is the guy gonna meet the abusive girlfriend again? I want to read the novel too, but I'm rather curious about this little stuff.

According to the spoiler on novelupdate, ex-gf became lesbian so imma bail

Dex-chan lover
@shunnie
they hadnt met yet, but they have seen each other, hell they collided apologized and kept walking in different directions, but she got way better, she self reflected about all the shit she did and she realized that anyone would leave after being treated like that, so she still wants to meet him but only to apologize to him, she even said that she just needs to apologize, she doesnt expect him to return to her, she just wants to apologize and move on, she knows she has no rights to have any kind of relationship with him anymore.

@Victormg @mathmango
she aint, shes currently escaping with the help of a girl that is the stereotype touchy lesbian troupe, she doesnt like it, also shes currently disguising herself as a small blond man to escape.

@Hollow7F Thats pretty good! I'm reading the novel now, you got me curious, but it seems like the translator doesnt share the last 10 chapters except patrons, so I'll probably read until 52 and then drop it.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, on the one hand i’d like for him to get back together with his ex but on the other hand she was being a piece of shit (even if she’s trying to excuse her actions with being stressed) who i’d reckon would go back to abusing him after a couple years pass. She just comes off as the type of person who’s very short term, ya know? Like the father who walks back in on his child’s life saying he’s wants to try being a parent again only to leave once he fucks something up. Also, any reason that she told him magic was heresy? Did she know he’s got a broken amount of magic and purposely stopped him so he wouldn’t threaten her position in the relationship?

Dex-chan lover
@shunnie oh dont worry he uploads fairly regularly, like i check every 3 days or so and theres like 6 new chapters

@FgoSegul it's subtle, but although she seems like a somewhat decent person, she's also very self centered. She wasn't being very considerate of MC when they were together, and kind of belittled him a bit, but they're also childhood friends so that kind of exchange was probably just seen as "the usual", but of course people grow up and MC got...well I wouldn't say sick of it, but I think he just didn't feel fulfilled. Especially when she's been practically carrying him his whole life. So, it's honestly a good thing they've broken up. The only thing that would justify a reunion/make up would be if she at least learns to be more supportive for MC, instead of using him as a convenience. Some people have boyfriends/girlfriends just for the title alone, and although they're not necessarily abusive, they are kind of exploiting a person to a degree.

Dex-chan lover
I hope that rather than suddenly engaging with the new girl, he disengages entirely and skedaddles to another town. He already got the new identity he needs, so he can spend some days in the current time to see if the situations improves soon while raising his rank and savings a tad, and if she doesnt desist by that time then he should flee. I don't think he needs to change identity yet again, as he isn't that interesting to his stalker (a lot of issues for her to move city). He could of course try using her to gain magic knowledge and equipment, but that is frankly dangerous, and with how he left items related to his ex to a downright creepy degree ("its a sword I bought when I became adventurer with her... lets leave it!") I really doubt he would want to do that before leaving anyway.

@shunnie That last comment seems spoier-tagged for no reason? I saw hollows answer and took the risk to read it as it suggested as much, and seems to have been a warranted risk.

@feha ah yeah I actually bloated my answer a lot and trimmed it quite a bit, but forgot that I also deleted the spoiler parts, removed it now, ty for pointing that out

@OsoJr Shes not a decent person lol. Who keeps a list of all the gifts they've given someone, and wishes for that someone to return for the sole purpose of licking their feet. There is not a single shred of decency or piece of evidence that you've given to explain why she's a decent person.

Fed-Kun's army
Is there some sort of naming convention that I am not aware of where フリック(furikku) couldn't be translated as Flick instead of Frick... why Flint even?
Japan and their L's and R's, amirite?

Group Leader
@shinya78 pretty sure it translates to "Frick" which was changed to "Flint" since a lot of readers apparently didn't like the name, but the novel goes with the name "Frick".

Users who are viewing this thread