A Sword Master Childhood Friend Power Harassed Me Harshly, so I Broke off Our Relationship and Made a Fresh Start at the Frontier as a Magic Swordsman

Fed-Kun's army
You know, just call him Frick, but then again this manga lacks integrity.

Double-page supporter
Why bother with a long-ass title if the context only occurs in 1-2 chapters. The rest of the content is basically just another generic harem power fantasy.

Aggregator gang
Tsundere are toxic relationships, who would of known..

Manga's ok but it seems they aren't going to explore the unhealthy relationship. Instead we get a generic story of the MC succeeding without his bitch of a gf. After introduction it's unlikely we deal with issues, instead likely limited to a few confrontations.

Double-page supporter
Yeah I dont know.. I mean its clear shes a tsundere, and she was all drill Sargent to make the "pathetic" MC better.. But how the MC just walked off like even when she was "supposedly" pretty and all aswell known each other for a long time. That was it ??? he was too dumb to see through her training fecade. So he just packed up and left.

However, what I think would make this good, is if the childhood friend kinda falls apart, becomes some fallen knight or something. Gives up on the world etc etc. becomes some dark broken Knight ? He basicly created a terror on this world through heart break :eek: , That be interesting.

damn had me interested enough to read the wn. The writing in the wn is trash. Read the description for spoilers, save your self from reading 100+ chapters, its condensed down to a few lines. Thats the whole story.

Also
the ex gf has zero impact on the story after the initial setting. Which is super disappointing, I was hoping to see her become an antagonist for the mc or something. Shes built up to be this huge source of pain for the mc. He leaves then basically thats it for her, no revenge plot, just a few words then that's basically it.
So that was pretty disappointing..

why bother writing in a magic system that is supposed to be complex just for the mc to turn around and say imagination and master it?

Art work in the manga is decent.

Double-page supporter
It was an interesting hook to have a male protagonist leave a toxic relationship. But as of the end of chapter 2 I'm kind of disappointed. The MC has already attracted a stalker like he's some kind of awful chick magnet. Really would have liked if he was single and developed his character learning to grow his self esteem before moving on to a healthy relationship of equal partners who openly communicate and care for each other. Instead he gets a stalker and a different kind of toxic relationship...

There's a lot of comments for a manga that hasn't even had more than 2 chapters yet...

@airmobius what do you mean, there's less than 60 chapters in the wn rn... you clearly haven't read past the first few chapters if what's in your spoiler tag is all that you've read.

@yesir360 the wn has 89 chapters + side stories. All of it together was around 110 chapters. English translations are only up to about 60 which i have read past.

I had read everything the author had published shortly before that comment. If you have read that far
you would know they only met in passing both disguised while she looks for him. Later on they meet again but basically nothing of importance happens. She still does not have an impact on the story.
which is exactly what i pointed out. I had hoped she would be more than what the author had for her.

I can spoil the whole story for you if you want.

edit: a word.

@airmobius Thanks for explaining. I suppose what you said is agreeable. Still, I don't think judging a manga (with 2 chapters) based purely on the wn is a helpful review. That's just my opinion though.

@airmobius and @yesir360 could you guys please stop spoiling the whole series as many of us haven't even read as far as you both have in the novel or which ever manga site you have gotten information about it.

Does anyone know if this series has been dropped by the translators or something like that as this series hasn't been updated lately.

@airmobius what site was that WN from?

@LoneWolf75 spoilers were clearly marked as that.

raw wn. https://ncode.syosetu.com/n2029gb/

Novelupdates link leads to the english translations.

There are only currently 3 chapters out. I do not know if the 3rd chapter is complete yet. So I do not believe it has been dropped.

The only reason I'm still reading is for the slight hope that first bitch gets her comeuppance. Fingers crossed

Here I was thinking that this might be a little different than the usual generic op MC. Boy was I wrong!

Dex-chan lover
So I'm guessing MC went with the mage girl and childhood friend fell into depression

Well...

Completely normal... Learn your first spell and it ends up being almost on par with a FREAKING NUKE!!!... I am scared to think of what his first water spell will do...

Omg this is so bad... It's like any other isekai, but with no back story at all, and just a mess...

Users who are viewing this thread