Isshou Hatarakitakunai Ore ga Classmate no Daininki Idol ni Natsukaretara - Vol. 1 Ch. 3 - Money = Power①

Dex-chan lover
"I drew a character who's not supposed to be there for a whole chapter!"

Seriously? That's the best "it's a work emergency that needs you here to help now." excuse the writer could come up with? I can almost forgive manga writers for the crap nonsense excuses they come up with when trying to pretend they know how things go in an office or another type of business, but this is the sort of thing that you, the actual writer, pretty much do for a living. Or if you're just the writer and not the artist, then it's something that you have direct access to the people who do this part for a living. Surely you can come up with a more reasonable and convincing explanation than that...

"You've got to come and help! My computer crashed and wiped out all of today's work! And I forgot to back it up this time!"

boom. sensible, realistic, reasonable explanation for her needing immediate and significant help that doesn't make her sound like a total idiot.

But of course, I forget. "being a total idiot" is apparently moe or some nonsense. And we can't have all the lonely nerds going a chapter without swooning over their endearingly clumsy waifu.
It's an error so fundamentally basic that it breaks your immersion in a story. It's like having a movie scramble to reshoot half the project because the hero and villain were reading each other's lines. It's so egregiously wrong that you can't help but think about how wrong it is.

Dex-chan lover
She drew a character that wasn't supposed to be there "for an entire chapter."

That's not like it's one small mistake in one scene. That's an excessive amount of work over an extended period of time that would've also required her to have been paying no attention to the script she was working off of so that she doesn't figure out the error at any earlier point (and we don't know whether or not she's also the author of her own work). But the point I was making was less about the character than it was the writer and their choice of ridiculous error to set up that scene when they could've and should've found something that was at least a little more sensible.

I never said people had to be perfect. I was never even attempting to come anywhere close to making that kind of statement. You're kind of blowing this out of proportion. Are you OK? This feels like the sort of reaction that comes from already being upset about something before my post happened to be an inadvertent flashpoint.
It's basically being only one chapter off. She'a sleep deprived author and she probably mixed up a scene or something or she ended up drawing him into a scene where he shouldn't be in.

We don't know how serious the level is. It might be just having drawn the character by accident while being sleep deprived or adding a scene that should be in the next chapter.

Dex-chan lover
It's basically being only one chapter off. She'a sleep deprived author and she probably mixed up a scene or something or she ended up drawing him into a scene where he shouldn't be in.

We don't know how serious the level is. It might be just having drawn the character by accident while being sleep deprived or adding a scene that should be in the next chapter.

We do know how serious. It's "for an entire chapter" serious. Serious enough that he got the message to go after school and was there until 11pm (so like easily at least 6-8 hours of work depending on how long it takes him to get from school to her place). that's not the level of work indicative of her screwing up a single scene. That's indicative of her screwing up a not-insignificant amount of pages across a whole chapter's worth of work. Which is exactly what it suggested at the start

Whatever. It's not really worth arguing about anymore. I just don't like that somehow my taking issue with the workings of an author and how it relates to a fictional character was sufficient to make a somewhat condescendingly strawmanny attack about that post meaning I think people should be perfect all the time. But I'm done with this now.

Dex-chan lover
Giving off mahiro vibes. You know you can just eat outside every meal with that kind of money she is spinning. And get a cleaner to come in every week for house cleaning. These services already exist.

Dex-chan lover
"I drew a character who's not supposed to be there for a whole chapter!"

Seriously? That's the best "it's a work emergency that needs you here to help now." excuse the writer could come up with? I can almost forgive manga writers for the crap nonsense excuses they come up with when trying to pretend they know how things go in an office or another type of business, but this is the sort of thing that you, the actual writer, pretty much do for a living. Or if you're just the writer and not the artist, then it's something that you have direct access to the people who do this part for a living. Surely you can come up with a more reasonable and convincing explanation than that...

"You've got to come and help! My computer crashed and wiped out all of today's work! And I forgot to back it up this time!"

boom. sensible, realistic, reasonable explanation for her needing immediate and significant help that doesn't make her sound like a total idiot.

But of course, I forget. "being a total idiot" is apparently moe or some nonsense. And we can't have all the lonely nerds going a chapter without swooning over their endearingly clumsy waif
I wonder how much of your real life you'd consider bad writing.

Dex-chan lover
how's bro not see a potential ideal wife candidate in front of him. His dreams are right there to be achieved.

Dex-chan lover
Idk why I am sensing that the MC best friend is a female who like MC or have a crush on him.I am getting yandere vibe when she/he said that MC don't look at him/her the same way.And the first chapter also said he is a boy and adding (I think).So it is kinda sketchy.But yeah we will have to see it in the future

Dex-chan lover
For the people being frustrated why he isn't jumping at the chance for a pretty wife in high school, the girl is from the number 1 most popular idol group, in Japan, idols are serious business. He is most likely thinking that if any scandals that occur from this may very well end up with him stabbed.

Dex-chan lover
I suspect that this will turn shitty pretty soon since the FMC is an idol and I had to drop every romance manga that was like that because they just get annoying because of the whole "she can't be in a relationship because she's an idol" trope which this is already going for, but since it has already started maybe it's a good sign that it won't suddenly start interfering once there was good development. Instead maybe they'll work through it from the start and once there is actual romantic development it's less of an issue. But that's just me high on copium, we all know that's not what's going to happen🙃

Dex-chan lover
She drew a character that wasn't supposed to be there "for an entire chapter."

That's not like it's one small mistake in one scene. That's an excessive amount of work over an extended period of time that would've also required her to have been paying no attention to the script she was working off of so that she doesn't figure out the error at any earlier point (and we don't know whether or not she's also the author of her own work). But the point I was making was less about the character than it was the writer and their choice of ridiculous error to set up that scene when they could've and should've found something that was at least a little more sensible.

I never said people had to be perfect. I was never even attempting to come anywhere close to making that kind of statement. You're kind of blowing this out of proportion. Are you OK? This feels like the sort of reaction that comes from already being upset about something before my post happened to be an inadvertent flashpoint.
Well, manga artists tend to be overworked and the crazy hours people in japan tend to always work? Doesn't seem unlikely to me.

Dex-chan lover
Lately women has been pursuing gender equality anyway. Let them do the hard work while you do the ‘woman’s’ job in the house.

Dex-chan lover
Usually, high end Idols earn somewhere around 1 million yen, just how much this girl earn to be giving this guy 500K per month just for cooking her meals?

Group Leader
Next thing you know she'll be asking to sleep at your place everyday because it's a hassle to sneak into his place every time.
Or she can just pull the Akutsu-san tactic: freeload at his place and refuse to leave.

Dex-chan lover
Hmm ... 300,000 yen salary for a month? Where did i hear this thing before? :thonk:

Hohoho, it was this manga :kek:
i think it's somewhat the average salary there hence the number thanks for reminding me of that manga though i only remember reading first ch

Users who are viewing this thread