a way to know if an already uploaded chapter has been updated?

Dex-chan lover
so when I read the Ogami Tsumiki update today, I remembered that there is that censored feet for the April Fool's chapter,
I forgot I haven't seen it
so I read it

after that, I was wondering,
is there a way to know if an already uploaded chapter has been updated?

because that also made me remember when I bought several Mato Seihei digital volumes for, uh..., obvious reading experience cough, cough,
I noticed when I checked the old chapters in the mangadex, they had also been updated with the volume version.
and I was like: "huh, has it always been like this from the start? I'm pretty sure it's not"
so that made me curious

with other titles like Tsugumomo or the Time Stop Brave, the translator uploads them as alternative chapters.
so I'm not asking Mato Seihei to do the same, I think it is perfectly fine to just update the existing one,
I was just thinking, you know, like when a translator makes a mistake in the translation or something, and wanted to fix it,
I'm just curious is there a way to notice that update?

also, I'm not asking for it to become a new notification on the Update feed page,
because I think that can be confusing and maybe annoying

I was debating whether to post this on the Suggestions forum or not,
because right now I don't know if there's a way to find that out.
but then, welp, here I am,
if there's actually already a way to do it, please let me know,
if not, well, I've thought of a few things that I think might be useful as suggestions for that.

either way, thank you

Upvote 0
Custom title
Staff
Developer
is there a way to know if an already uploaded chapter has been updated?
In the sense that chapters have both createdAt and updatedAt timestamps and that you can compare them if you look at the API responses in your browser console or whatever, sure.

Note that 1) even for chapters that are never edited, the updatedAt timestamp will always be delayed a little (typically by less than a minute seems like), and that 2) there's no way to tell how it was edited, so it could've been anything from adding a volume number to major image edits.

If you're asking for a convenient way to tell right on the website UI or to find out what edits were made, no. Not planned either.

Dex-chan lover
so rejected?
alright then

should be easy to put it on the mouse over message/tooltip on the upload date, tho

Users who are viewing this thread