A Wicked Tale of Cinderella's Stepmom - Ch. 1

@daijokay no, Mildred is 37. The oldest daughter is 19, so Mildred will be around 18-17 years old which is pretty normal during those times.

Dex-chan lover
Aye?

Welp, I'm curious now. We don't usually see this done with known fairy tales.
She isn't actually called Cinderella, is she? Because that's supposed to be a mocking nickname given to her due to always being filthy from being worked.

Dex-chan lover
there ugly by the standards of anime where everyone's ether hot, ugly as all shit or hot but considered ugly because they ether got a tiny scar or in this case a slightly bigger nose.

Fed-Kun's army
This manhwa's standard of beauty:
Slightly bigger nose and freckles= Fucking Hideous
Small nose= Bootiful
The fuck? How hard could it be to marry them off with your high status? None of them are heinous looking. Sure it might be easier to marry off Cinderella and she may get more marriage proposals, so just marry her off to a well off motherfucker and call it a day. The faster you do it the better, because this prevents other men from getting attracted to your daughter and prevents you're daughters from looking like the leftovers. Not to mention that it encourages more suitors to come for your other daughters because they will want a connection to the dude who you married Cinderella off to. This is fucking basic. Jesus christ why do they make her so fucking dumb? She should absolutely know how to wed someone off, considering she literally went through it herself. God damn it please kill me.

Fed-Kun's army
Those daughters are considered "ugly"?

I know it's just the narrative for plot reasons but the author of this webtoon is South Korean, land of plastic surgeries.
That should explain everything. ┐(´д`)┌

@podi125 I agree with you on the fact that they’re cute and in no way hideous but to add some context, marriages often involve some form of dowry, provided by the brides family. If the world she loves in involves that, having no money makes it near impossible to marry the daughters, even if they are beautiful.

Dex-chan lover
i’m confuuuused, who’s the mc? the mc sounds like a person from the present but got sent into her body somehow, but if that’s the case what happened to milfred(? or whatever her name is)?

Fed-Kun's army
If this was how cinderella story went down when i was a child, i might awaken way earlier

i feel bad for the daughters of Mildred....Reality is, their looks put them at a disadvantage (in this webtoon bcs they obv view these girls as ugly because their features ain't european), poor girls.
They seem really nice tho.
The author clearly gave them big noses and drew the face in such a way the nose didn't exactly compliment the face like cmon, ik yall love eurocentric features but jeez
And are acting like freckles r ugly....

They're not ugly, just average looking, but their personalities make them even prettier

Sigh

Guys, you are talking as if this world had the same standard of beauty as ours. Look up the Venus of Willendorf, that used to be the beauty standard of prehistoric people.

Fed-Kun's army
@ImparatorAugustus prehistoric people love em BBW lol

(now this is a separate comment from the above) anyway.....well aside from their big nose there's nothing really wrong with them the mother beautiful gene is still pretty strong on them lol

Dex-chan lover
An isekai protagonist who hears phantom phone noises. Finally a character I can relate to!

lily and iris look cute tho, the artist didn't make them ugly enough to highlight that 'ugly' description for sure

Users who are viewing this thread