A Wicked Tale of Cinderella's Stepmom

I cant wait for the next chapters! So far this is on my goodside and I feel excited reading this! Please take care and stay safe!

Iris super cute, that's all. Like. Holy hell, she's super cute. In-universe description says she's not pretty but I call bullshit. She's super cute.

Thank you so much for picking this up. I'd read another translation of this but the translation quality plummeted after a while. It was frustrating trying to understand what they were trying to say.

Although a lot of people didn't like the fact that the twin's nose are big and that tells them that they're ugly, I disagree I think the artist was thinking about the original character design of the twins in the movie. If you saw the movie you may also notice that their nose is quite different from Cinderella.

Can't wait til the prince flips the script and goes 'no u' to Mom and leaves everyone shooketh

Umm as a daughter who always be greeted as my mom's sister, I am guarantee that there are people with baby face in the world. I am very jealous. (and of course, my mom is older than the female lead)

Group Leader
I think there's only so much that can be communicated with this art style and certainly agree it isn't as if the daughters are truly ugly - but it's very rare to see in anime even ugly characters to have pimples or oily hair, etc, even on a close up. I think it's safe to assume, especially compared to "classic beauty" aka white pure skin, blonde hair and blue eyed Ashley, or even to the more mature beauty of their mother, that the daughters are at least somewhat plain and thus ugly in comparison. Especially with their prominent noses, and also freckles it seems? It's a shame, since it's also not a deal breaker for me at all, but I have known judgemental people who would consider it as such. It is what it is.

DA VINKY??? lmfao

I really love this series so far, I'm super excited to see where it goes - I'm willing to bet that Daniel is hmmmmm the prince? Or maybe that would be too obvious 🤔

Dex-chan lover
I was hoping this series would center around the relationship between the sister, the isekai mother and Cinderella a lot more. I hope the author doesn't just forget the 2 step sis.

Spoilers for anyone who wants them!!

Eldest sister is very graceful and elegant. She ends up with the prince (the guy who bumped into them during the third chapter)

Middle sister is very artistic. She ends up with the commander of the prince (he’s very rich) but they don’t get married until she’s 30.

FL ends up with Daniel.

“Cinderella” doesn’t end up with anyone. She’s just happy with her family.

Also this is not the fairy tail of Cinderella. The current queen is actually Cinderella and Daniel is the son of the fairy godmother. That’s why the queen is his godmother.

The point of the 'ugly daughters' is to point out that women's value is not skin deep.
As another person mentioned below the two step sisters have different qualities. You might have noticed how Ashley is clumsy, and she just can't do anything properly to save her life, but she is a kind and, yes, beautiful girl. However, the two sister have so many qualities, they are very good at housework, one is intelligent, the other is artistic, one is perceptive, the other intuitive, they can acquire men's attention with their actions rather than their appearance.
And honestly, in real life, how many times have you met people who were not considered 'beautiful/handsome' either by society's or your own personal standards, yet you came to love them for their charisma, intelligence and/or originality? In my case, it happened a lot.

Exactly. There is some serious gap moe going on with the ugly step sisters, especially the eldest one, which is why I hope they get more screen time.

Users who are viewing this thread