A Wicked Tale of Cinderella's Stepmom

I've read till chapter 32 and tbh Daniel
has been doing some not really nice things and one of those is quite scummy if u ask me. Nothing surprising apparently, since he's always been sus and not many liked him, but I was taken aback a bit

I actually didn't mind him at the beginning, he was pushy and sus, but I thought the dude was just hella excited for our sugar mommy since she's so charming, capable, smart, and chill, but
that's not all.

On the good side,
Mildred doesn't care about it and is ready to do whatever it takes to protect her children.
Mildred is a momma bear and it's the best of the story. :")

The story is precious, I love the daughters, especially her two biological daughters. Alicia is boring and was a bit slow, but it's not her fault (she didn't get an education, nor a mom, she's a girl of her era, we all know the story). At some point, she
stops crying for everything and that's good news because there is a super wholesome development for her (I personally love that the story ain't focused on her, but I'm really glad as well that she wasn't forgotten and was a character treated with respect)!

An irrelevant thing that I'm suspecting, is that
there's gonna be a juicy surprise behind Cinderella's father's uselessness, and while it's probably not important, I always laugh when the characters are talking about it, lol.

The story is pointing at a cute and funny twist about Cinderella's fairytale which it's kinda cool; Iris is a freaking elegant and noble goddess, and our MC is so smart and badass, love her as well! Leon is a precious boy who's a good man (who could have told? I mean, the boy slapped my almost generalized reject towards royalty that I've acquired after reading too many mangas, manwhas, and manhuas),

I'd dare to say he's the only good man so far, but maybe the ML will change, who knows and who cares about him, honestly. The rest is wholesome, Daniel has his own plans and thinks he can play with everyone, but certainly, our MC is not blind and is ready for everything.

I'm really pleased with the story so far, so I recommend it! uwu <3

Edit: Tbh I didn't reveal much, but just in case I used the spoiler tag. xd

Edit2: I know the ending now. I think the story is really good because of Mildred and her daughters; the Prince is a also a cutie and matures a lot with time (the only male I like in the story
and the one who gives the most wholesome romance in the story
maybe ?

The situations are nice, the girls/daughters grow a lot and reach good sites and have wholesome endings; Mildred does a lot of cool things and shows many badass and wise things, as a tale I think it gives a lot of good lessons, but her "romance" omg... I wasn't happy.

Daniel's background is interesting but I simply dislike him. I think he's always deaf, blind, overbearing and at the end of the day... unfair? Lol, I have better adjectives but I don't want to rant. Everyone can judge by themselves tho. Mildred was the best and
she deserved more
IMO.

no actual spoilers just testing
ahh im just trying to see how this work
how do I exit itttt

Contributor
I'm not sure what to think about one of the most conscientiously historically-accurate comic (I don't know enough to know exactly how accurate it is; certainly it's evocatively so) I've read all year is... basically a Cinderella isekai fanfic.

Not that this is in any way keeping me from enjoying it. It's lovely.

(And I appreciate that the scanlators are good, because not having the smooth and crisp rhythm of the banter in this one would spoil so much of the period-piece mood it has going.)

I'm liking this one a lot. Although it has the same roots as many other isekai manhwas, this one is narrated from a less childish character and I like how she is looking after her children.

Thank you very much for translating!!!

Dex-chan lover
Oh, I just realized that Ashley's name is actually related to Cinderella

Cinders -> Ash -> Ashley

@AiriAi
Thank you so much for the spoilers!! I wonder what you meant when Daniel has some other plans? My impression of him is quite neutral since I focus only on the MC and her daughters since they are the only ones making me continue the story. (I might be able to like some new characters or even the old ones.) I have the impression that the MC is fine without marrying to someone or falling in love. However, with the romance tag, the MC would fell in love or her daughters. Anyway, I want to thank for the translators!! hehe This is such a unique way for the author to approach the story from a folktale. I love the MC the most!! So graceful and quick-witted person. Also, a great mother to the three. :3

Well... here is a proposal... why don’t you catch up with the raws first and then translate every week...? Bc rn you are too far behind...like... I already read so far ahead...

I love how Mildred, even though she's a reincarnator, she don't use her influence of her 'knowledge' of the other world and give a massive change and instead just being a better mom. Not OP or ridiculously smart yet her behavior is really fit to be a noblewoman.

I wonder if the daughters will each got their own MLs or actually just pursue their dream while the Mildred marry another man since her second marriage did not last long afterall and it is quiet difficult for a widow to survive those middle age era

Users who are viewing this thread