Ads cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
is a Reindeer
VIP
@ejala The point of the ads are to make fun of other aggregator sites who do feature such ads every day of the year, but also to to give people an appreciation for why we don't want to run ads

Would be cool if there was a dedicated page where the translation teams/ uploaders could run obnoxious ADs to promote their projects.

Oddly enough, I enjoyed them! I think I found a couple of new manga because of them too!

we should keep them. it was a nice way to recommend manga and shitpost

Double-page supporter
Oh too bad, I was thinking donating in guise of buying an ad spot.

Aggregator gang
The ads were annoying and I did up my ad block filters to get rid of them. Also your site was crashing and unavailable on and off all day as well. All in all people who like ads are probably the same demographic of people who watch the Superbowl for the commercials. It's one way to live your life I guess? Next year, if this site still exists, I will just avoid this site completely on that day.

The Mieruko one was my favorite! I loved this April fools joke I found it very amusing and clever. I actually found some good manga through it!

Double-page supporter
Well, hopefully the losers who decided to up and leave this site in a huff over the "ads" lessened the traffic to the servers some!

😊

Contributor
@cullinaire

I want to believe they were all joking as part of the April Fool's atmosphere, but it wouldn't surprise me if some actually followed through without ever coming to the realization.

Double-page supporter
@justforthelulz I want to say that my years on the internets has honed my sarcasm detection to a very fine degree - and sadly a lot of what I read on this site appear to be dead serious...

😅

It was a fun April fools! It's my 3rd one here at mangadex lmao. Can't see what next year's adds look like and the unironic comments that come with it lol.

Dex-chan lover
Just saying, if more loli ads come out, I'm not going to be surprised if the FBI takes out ads next year too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread