Ads cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
i think an April Fools tag or sorts should be mandatory for all april fools uploads

Dex-chan lover
I would also like to voice my opinion that the adds were a fun way to offer random recommendations and would love to see something similar return. "Recommendations" is the only thing I miss from the late Mangarock site.

Staff
Admin
Amuses me each year how people want the ads to stick around.

Don't forget you can use Manga > Random from the dropdown at top to be taken to random series - and it's available all year around, just not as fun.

Or you can just visit https://mangadex.org/manga and refresh the page.

Group Leader
Now now, why you remove the ads?
Even if it's less profitable, it's nice to have such an ad!
J.K. Honestly same as the last year, I didn't notice the ad, but after delving to my favorite chapter I saw the desperate announcement and the ad.
Server time must be running differently from my timezone.

Dex-chan lover
i managed to find 2 manga series that i read sooo long ago but forgot about thx to the ads. Farewell ads i'll never forget you.

so you mean there weren't any sexy 2d grills in the hood for me to woo with my meme-slang?

Group Leader
>Reading manga in public
okay yeah let's all openly call ourselves degenerates and weebs
...yeah no thanks. i'll just continue hiding in the closet :|

Some of them were pretty funny, but there's a reason I have sexually explicit manga (smut, ecchi and sexual violence) tags excluded in my settings. I didn't like having ads of those kind of manga forced in my face, despite it simply being an April Fools thing. It also showed me ads of series I absolutely despise, like Shinmai Maou, so I wasn't a fan of that either. I'm glad they're gone tbh.

On the other hand, it did lead me to Mieruko-chan which I ended up binging, so there's that. It's so good.

Dex-chan lover
damn, these ads were funny and also, strangely useful. I found couple of mangas I never heard off and it turned out to be my kind of read!

Fed-Kun's army
Definitely an option to be able to turn off the April fool ads next year please. Some of us with mental issues like me don't find it amusing and prefer browsing the site as it normally looks.

The ads were great, I have more Manga to read now thank to that 😘

Dex-chan lover
Amuses me each year how people want the ads to stick around.

Don't forget you can use Manga > Random from the dropdown at top to be taken to random series - and it's available all year around, just not as fun.

@ixlone Yeah, but... That's not clickbaity enough... 🙁

@Frankenstein7777 that makes no sense. there are still plenty of people who haven't read up to part 6 yet or havent even started reading the manga. let me guess, your favorite jojo character is some lame edgelord like Kira lmao :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread