Ads cancelled

Status
Not open for further replies.
Contributor
Could you post the links for which individual ads go to? I've been using it to search for new manga to read. It is clickbait that gives me what I really want.

Fed-Kun's army
Ah, two of my favorite three days of the year done. See you again next year, loli ads!

Dex-chan lover
What, other than pure greed, can really explain the cancellation of the ads?

Fed-Kun's army
@Oeconomist The ads served their purpose. They distracted you while @Holo crept in the majority of readers houses/apartments, switched the salt and sugar containers, COVID coughed on the tv remote/phones, stole all your toilet paper, left the door/fence/gate open so your pet could escape, and stole your bank details and converted all your money into shares of Spirit Airlines.

*Looks at the camera* Spirit Airlines. If youre still flying us, You deserve to catch the plague.

It would still be nice to have one of those ads at the bottom of mangadex. I gained 20 new series to follow because of it ( some of them are really good)

It's a great way for some groups to promote a series with a click bait meme! 🤣

Group Leader
Reddit's own ads point to its own subreddits. (e.g. https://i.imgur.com/A8qMAek.png)

Why can't Mangadex do the same like what happened just now? Where these ads are basically just "recommendation clickbait" for manga. Intrusive maybe, but it's something we want to click on when it piques our interest.

Unless of course, I'm wrong that reddit doesn't earn mony from these ads, in which feel free to correct me, but it's just a suggestion!

Aggregator gang
i was just about to find the cute 2d girls in my area! how am i gonna find them now?! unbelievable!

Contributor
You guys should have really tossed up a vote for the best ad. Might be hilarious to see what people liked/disliked.

Honestly, I wouldn't mind having one of those ads up permanently--I feel like a few older sites did stuff like that year round.
Might be a good way to introduce people to obscure manga

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread