Advertisements on the site

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dex-chan lover
I asked last year, and I'll ask again:
Please keep the ads forever. It's legitimately the best way to discover great new manga to read.

Dex-chan lover
considering how they're linked to other manga on the site, I hope it's an April Fools joke. love and loyal to MangaDex, won't stop using you

Dex-chan lover
It's nice and all, but it takes up a lot of space. Is there an option to hide them, at least?

Contributor
I bet it's an April Fools prank. When you click on the "ad banner" at the top of the page, it directs you to a manga relevant to the "ad" here on MD.

Contributor
the ads are funny but the sheer amount of people being fooled is the best part of the joke.

Where to press the button to pass the trial and keep these ads?! I seriously got sad when I realised they are probably not here to stay...

Double-page supporter
Not gonna lie, it's kinda amusing how some people are actually getting offended by some of the "ads".

Meanwhile, I think that this is one of the best, mainly because it's so true:
25662.jpg

Got to say though, discovering new manga through them doesn't work all that well, since a quite a number of them (like Kiniiro Mosaic or Shouraiteki ni Shinde Kure or Don't Cry Maou-chan) are seemingly abandoned, with no new translated chapters since a long time and may not even have many chapters in the first place. Not actually good motivation to start them in the first place.

At least, it's reminding me that I should read Asobi Asobase (and makes me sad that it probably won't get another season).

tbh if there were actual ads it would be fine as long as they ain't intrusive and just like banners on the sides and shit

Supporter
If you are one of the people who seriously can't figure out that it's an April Fool's joke by now

then you may want to have your head checked by a doctor at the earliest convenience just to confirm that the content of your head is still intact.

Dex-chan lover
mmm, those are some good ads, I've been meeting the best 2d girls out there. You should try it too.

Please, let it be not only for this day. It's actually a cool way to promote good manga.

I don't know about actual ads, but these fake ads have had me giggle since they started hahaha Wonderful work.
Is support via patreon not an option?

An old man gave me a sharp object for my journey
Staff
Super Moderator
@AbuHajaar
We welcome contributions but we do have some guidelines for them.
If you'd like to contribute, I'd suggest joining our discord server and ask us about it there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread