Aishiteru Game wo Owarasetai - Vol. 4 Ch. 31 - A Childhood Friend... If He Were A Boyfriend

Dex-chan lover
Every chapter without fail makes me yell "Just get married already!" at the screen.

Double-page supporter
Pretty sure we're getting somewhat close to them actually getting together, maybe something to also make the guy become as conscious of her as she is of him.

Dex-chan lover
Idk about you but as a guy its normal to feel jealous in this kind of situation. If you dont feel jelousy than that simply means you dont care that much about your partner and dont care if she gets taken away. This is common for me and a lot of people I know
This much jealousy is healthy especially in a relationship with mutual feelings
No it's not. Your partner (female or male, this goes both ways) is not your propriety and showing jealousy is above anything else a lack of trust and of respect toward your partner. Your partner does not have to be "defended" against others (at least as long as there's no aggression) and I don't agree that forbidding to have any type of relationship with others that include some form of contact or affection is something that is healthy or required.
What is healthy is for both partners to discuss what type of behaviour could hurt each other and have both parties take that into account. It's healthy to tell the other that you'll feel insecure is he or she has very close relationship to potential rivals, but being possessive is not. Because the later is something you impose on the other, while the first is the results of mutual agreement. And this is the basis of a healthy relationship.
Jealousy is actually one of the main reasons for breakups, so saying that it's a proof of affection is just wrong.
For the record, I'm a guy and I'm middle age. I've been jealous, it has never brought me any good.

No it's not. Your partner (female or male, this goes both ways) is not your propriety and showing jealousy is above anything else a lack of trust and of respect toward your partner. Your partner does not have to be "defended" against others (at least as long as there's no aggression) and I don't agree that forbidding to have any type of relationship with others that include some form of contact or affection is something that is healthy or required.
What is healthy is for both partners to discuss what type of behaviour could hurt each other and have both parties take that into account. It's healthy to tell the other that you'll feel insecure is he or she has very close relationship to potential rivals, but being possessive is not. Because the later is something you impose on the other, while the first is the results of mutual agreement. And this is the basis of a healthy relationship.
Jealousy is actually one of the main reasons for breakups, so saying that it's a proof of affection is just wrong.
For the record, I'm a guy and I'm middle age. I've been jealous, it has never brought me any good.
If you don't care as a guy that your girl is talking to other men that means you don't love the girl at all and you just want to seggs her. The same way if a girl doesn't get jealous when you interact with other females she doesn't think you are that special. A father that cares about his kid will get angry when the kid does something wrong bcs he wants the best for them. Some ppl accept reality and nature for what they are and other ppl like to lie to themselves and tell themselves that there is something wrong with them for being human. Sry to tell you but jealousy is perfectly human and you should not impose your view on relationships on others. The fact that you think it's bad doesn't mean that it's actually bad. The reason why you had a bad experience being jealous is bcs you invested more in that relationship than your partner and your partner clearly didn't give a fck they made you feel that way. I would say that was the root of the problem.

Dex-chan lover
Idk about you but as a guy its normal to feel jealous in this kind of situation. If you dont feel jelousy than that simply means you dont care that much about your partner and dont care if she gets taken away. This is common for me and a lot of people I know

This much jealousy is healthy especially in a relationship with mutual feelings
Sorry but you are totally wrong.
I can understand the jealousy but it's not a proof of love, it's something that come from insecurities project in the relationship.
I rarelly feel like that, but it's because I really trust my wife with all my soul, so I can't picture she letting me aside like that, I can't see she being "taking away". If for some reason this would happen, I depply believe it would be that her love for me ended and she would tell me that before doing anything

Dex-chan lover
If you don't care as a guy that your girl is talking to other men that means you don't love the girl at all and you just want to seggs her. The same way if a girl doesn't get jealous when you interact with other females she doesn't think you are that special. A father that cares about his kid will get angry when the kid does something wrong bcs he wants the best for them. Some ppl accept reality and nature for what they are and other ppl like to lie to themselves and tell themselves that there is something wrong with them for being human. Sry to tell you but jealousy is perfectly human and you should not impose your view on relationships on others. The fact that you think it's bad doesn't mean that it's actually bad. The reason why you had a bad experience being jealous is bcs you invested more in that relationship than your partner and your partner clearly didn't give a fck they made you feel that way. I would say that was the root of the problem.
"should not impose your view on relationships on others"
"If you don't care as a guy that your girl is talking to other men that means you don't love the girl at all"
pick one

Dex-chan lover
Still annoys me about why typically, even an introverted girl would want to break out and connect with more people, to experience more things, so they will give their effort to do things like improving their appearance, learn to be more confident, and know more things to become part of conversation.
Yet, the introverted boys just give up from the start thinking it's too tiresome or because they will never be the leader of the pack, yet get upset when he saw the girl is moving ahead, leaving him behind because her world is no longer limited to just the two of them (she got friends, and other things she want to do).

Dex-chan lover
gj author let them have sex in their mind
now make it real!

MCAll2u.jpg
THIS HAS TO BE FORESHADOWING like something is going to happen come the Sports Fes

Dex-chan lover
Yet, the introverted boys just give up from the start thinking it's too tiresome or because they will never be the leader of the pack, yet get upset when he saw the girl is moving ahead, leaving him behind because her world is no longer limited to just the two of them (she got friends, and other things she want to do).
it’s a common defeatist attitude people get when they’ve got no confidence or in this case introverted. Usually there’s some cause for this attitude that made it develop typically it’s being shy but Perhaps there’s more backstory still to come regarding their kid days/middle school days. 🤔

Dex-chan lover
it’s a common defeatist attitude people get when they’ve got no confidence or in this case introverted. Usually there’s some cause for this attitude that made it develop typically it’s being shy but Perhaps there’s more backstory still to come regarding their kid days/middle school days. 🤔
My issue is actually more to how the difference in tendency is quite clearly split between male and female main characters in romcom (not talking of the background characters), rather than individuals.

Not all boys MC are negative from birth. We can easily find series with those who are actually active and stand in front of the girl (thus the girl sees him as her childhood hero). But it's as if when they grew up they start to realize they can't win all the time and then just give up, choosing the easy path avoiding communities so they don't have to risk feeling "inferior" compared to other boys in their ability and achievements. They run and hide inside home.

Meanwhile, their shy childhood friend, wanted to be part of community and overcome her weakness with effort to makes friends and enjoy learning new experiences. They find the courage to step outside and love what they found.

And it's not just for being protagonist.
Stories with female protagonist too tend to be more active in taking actions rather than just passive and reactive.
Or maybe it's just extension of the stereotype that male are lazy as they only compete against other male, while female has the motivation to work harder because they want to proof themselves against stereotypically male-dominated society (or can't afford showing any opening because of that pressure).

Dex-chan lover

I've been married for 28 years to the same woman and I can call your rant totally wrong and full of patriarchal simplistic clichés. From the beginning, even before we were married, she had male friends and that never was an issue to me because what makes our relationship special is that we love each other and decided to build something together.
Jealousy is part of the human emotional baggage but that does not mean that you don't want to keep it in check, that's what culture and social skills are about, to control our emotional reactions. It's at the very least more an expression of the person's insecurity than of love.
I'm 53 and I've seen a lot of couples around me come and go. Being jealous never kept a couple together, it was actually a symptom of the couple breaking up, even an accelerator. As far as I am concerned, our couple almost broke up 15 years ago and I felt quite jealous at that time. But that didn't help save our couple in the slightest, what did was to talk and understand what each other wanted and why we drifted away from each other along the years. Restoring trust, in essence, and remembering that what endangers a couple is first and foremost the way the couple interacts, more than external "dangers".
A piece of your own advice: "you should not impose your view on relationships on others.". At least my view is based on experience, which does not seem to be your case.

I've been married for 28 years to the same woman and I can call your rant totally wrong and full of patriarchal simplistic clichés. From the beginning, even before we were married, she had male friends and that never was an issue to me because what makes our relationship special is that we love each other and decided to build something together.
Jealousy is part of the human emotional baggage but that does not mean that you don't want to keep it in check, that's what culture and social skills are about, to control our emotional reactions. It's at the very least more an expression of the person's insecurity than of love.
I'm 53 and I've seen a lot of couples around me come and go. Being jealous never kept a couple together, it was actually a symptom of the couple breaking up, even an accelerator. As far as I am concerned, our couple almost broke up 15 years ago and I felt quite jealous at that time. But that didn't help save our couple in the slightest, what did was to talk and understand what each other wanted and why we drifted away from each other along the years. Restoring trust, in essence, and remembering that what endangers a couple is first and foremost the way the couple interacts, more than external "dangers".
A piece of your own advice: "you should not impose your view on relationships on others.". At least my view is based on experience, which does not seem to be
A piece of your own advice: "you should not impose your view on relationships on others.". At least my view is based on experience, which does not seem to be your case.

Well first off I wanna say that I'm happy for you and your wife for sticking together for 28 years. Now in response to what you are saying, I'm not saying that a partner should do things out of jealousy, I'm saying that you can feel that way sometimes and you have to control it but the idea of "it's wrong to be jealous" is ridiculous. The thing is that the dating game back in the day when you met your wife is completely different from the dating game now. You probably don't know it cuz you have been busy taking care of your wife (who wouldn't) but young generations who have to deal with social media, girls getting attention from left to right, etc. There is always a better choice and there are plenty of regular dudes so what makes a girl that doesn't know where to focus her attention choose you? And that's where jealousy comes into play, jealousy is the fear of losing something that's "yours", if your girl claims you, she will feel jealous if somebody tries to take you away from her. If she likes you, she will want to be with you, most of the times ppl feel jealous but they dismiss this feeling cuz they think it's bad. I think it's perfectly healthy for a girl to be jealous in a relationship as long as it doesn't turn into an obsession. The problem is that today with all the stimuli and how artificial are interactions within young generations it's difficult to have a longlasting relationship wether any of the partners feel jealousy or not, it's not due to the feeling but due to the enviroment in which these relationships are taking place. Think about it, jealousy always existed yet relationships in previous generations (like yours) were healthier, so if jealousy already existed what could possibly have changed? Social media for example. I'm just saying.

Users who are viewing this thread