Aishiteru Game wo Owarasetai - Vol. 6 Ch. 45 - The childhood friends can't run away

Dex-chan lover
Ahhh it's this situation. I think the author has some ideas in the oven- Yukiya's lack of confidence is a rotten egg. He should grow up if he wants this ship to float. Growing up beyond a childish game is the foundational theme of the manga.

That said, winning the relay race better be a surface-level representation of growth. I want him to learn how to work with his team, provide emotional support, take risks, learn to communicate, and gain confidence. Actual growth. And what about Miku's growth? Even though she's outgoing, she is dishonest about her feelings.

I have faith the author will stick the landing.

Dex-chan lover
what can be said, just very weak pacing?
I can't understand what Yukia is thinking anymore
I guess I'll never understand the concept of low self esteem, at a fundamental level, it seems unfathomable

Dex-chan lover
This is so dumb, in accordance with my last comment about this. The fact there was no confession after all that bs, I am now actively hoping they don't get together. Best of luck side characters in your attempts, these benchwarmers deserve to stay there.

Dex-chan lover
if they really go out now in their current state of mind this manga would turn into heavy drama
Not necessarily. I don't think whether they go out is nearly as important as whether he starts working on his self-esteem and making an effort in life. In one way, I think it's better to disconnect the two. Work to better himself for himself, not for the sake of dating her.

That said, winning the relay race better be a surface-level representation of growth. I want him to learn how to work with his team, provide emotional support, take risks, learn to communicate, and gain confidence. Actual growth.
The typical for that storyline is that he doesn't win, and learns that the important thing was the friends he made along the way. Or something like that. But yeah, the race itself shouldn't be important. The important part is that he reaches out beyond his own comfort zone and tries to expand his world.

And what about Miku's growth? Even though she's outgoing, she is dishonest about her feelings.
Quitting the game would be the first step. But yeah, there's been so much focus on him that it can be easy to forget that she's not exactly perfect either, despite that he seems to think so.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the chapter and I hope you had an amazing trip!

Also what the shit Yukiya

Dex-chan lover
A
I'm on Yukiya, it's counterproductive to go in a relationship when you don't even like yourself. The fact you don't means your person, in your mind, is lacking. From your POV, you are not the person you want to be, so even if someone love you right now, they may not love the person you want to be. Don't waste other people's time, and don't waste your time either, because once you've become the person you want to be, you may not even have the same feelings as you had before. Once you're comfortable with yourself, that you're no longer plagued with so much doubts and uncertain of your future, then relationship is on the table. Before that, you should be too busy thinking of yourself and building yourself to worry about another.
And then you lost the girl for good. Seriously guys, NEVER ask or expect someone to wait for your personal improvement journey, no matter how important it is (and it often is a lot). Opportunities, especially the better ones, come and go fast.

Back to the manga, if she's expecting anything different from him (no reason why she couldn't) surely it is for him to address his obvious feelings for her, maybe even helping her do the same about her own?

Dex-chan lover
A

And then you lost the girl forever. Seriously, if she's expecting anything different from him (no reason why she couldn't) surely it is for him to address his obvious feelings for her, maybe even helping her do the same about her own?
It's fine. One girl that you knew shouldn't be an end to your life. Building yourself is a priority over romance. The same is true for the girl, though she already made tremendous progress on her own, she will be fine even if Yukiya is no longer with her. She can find another guy and by happy with him. An occasion lost is not the end. You don't have to pressure yourself that you need to romance a particular person you know from childhood otherwise you "waste your life". As I have said, building yourself comes first for very practical reasons (confidence, knowing what you want in life, matured outlook of life, even give yourself a purpose to strive for and so on).

Dex-chan lover
It's fine. One girl that you knew shouldn't be an end to your life. Building yourself is a priority over romance. The same is true for the girl, though she already made tremendous progress on her own, she will be fine even if Yukiya is no longer with her. She can find another guy and by happy with him. An occasion lost is not the end. You don't have to pressure yourself that you need to romance a particular person you know from childhood otherwise you "waste your life". As I have said, building yourself comes first for very practical reasons (confidence, knowing what you want in life, matured outlook of life, even give yourself a purpose to strive for and so on).
Life is made of those little things. You're obviously right that one opportunity doesn't make or break a life, but that's no reason to throw one away either. Some of them really do count, if we make them count

yoa

Dex-chan lover
I completely disagree with @Naian's comment and agree with the "opportunity" comment, this was a factor in the story from the mangakas last work called rivnes

Anyone can wait but to what extent? you can only wait so much even if you like the person. Love is selfish, love is selfless. It contradicts itself like that, thats why we hold on to things even if it hurts. Even if we take into account that he wants to change himself first, the fact that he has feelings for her already is a big enough reason to shoot his shot. No one is perfect you know? If we're all
out here "changing ourselves" for the better then it would see no end. Maturity and immaturity are two peas in a pod, you can't just have one or the other.

Incidentally, its also a highschool romance story, i guess we can definitely cut them some slack since theyre all expected to lack in the maturity department. Since these types of stories play around uncertainty of teenage feelings as well

Dex-chan lover
And then you lost the girl for good. Seriously guys, NEVER ask or expect someone to wait for your personal improvement journey, no matter how important it is (and it often is a lot). Opportunities, especially the better ones, come and go fast.

Back to the manga, if she's expecting anything different from him (no reason why she couldn't) surely it is for him to address his obvious feelings for her, maybe even helping her do the same about her own?
They've been together for years. While generally something to look out for, "come and go fast" isn't applicable here. Doesn't mean it can't disappear if something happens, which is the case of most childhood friend losses, but in this case I think they've reached a level of understanding that neither of them is in too much of a hurry, and they're dedicated to each other.

As long as the game goes on, expectations are put on a halt. It's kept them together, but the cost is that their relationship has stagnated at that point, since it stands in the way of any further expectations. They need to cancel the game to have any realistic expectations beyond that. I mean, every time they've brought up the game they've actively stopped progress from happening. Both of them.

Remember when (around 13 chapters ago), this fake dating arc started with "In these 3 days, their whole world will change"?
I usually don't pay attention to those things. First, I have to trust the author not to pull a fast one, and second, I think it's a lazy and clumsy form of foreshadowing.

Dex-chan lover
Where's the confession? Where's the reiwa energy? Why are you ruining the latest week confession streak?
giphy.webp
SO, I read a lot of romcoms and yeah, there was a period of reiwa energy but now they seems to retreating to the past

Users who are viewing this thread