Aishiteru Game wo Owarasetai - Vol. 6 Ch. 45 - The childhood friends can't run away

Dex-chan lover
You know, I haven't read this since chapter 9. I don't usually read romcoms until the confession, or the end because I've read enough manga to know the romcom cycle can make a person question their sanity. (Pastel) Outside of a few exceptions I check in now and again to view the progress and direction of the story. This isn't that bad, it could always be worse, a lot worse...

PicsArt_12-29-12.50.38_compress5-1536x864.jpg.webp

Dex-chan lover
Feels like this manga is really dragging on at this point; there is no reason they wouldn't be a couple at this point except manufactured melodrama.

Double-page supporter
To anyone complaining- you do realize that once they get together for real the manga will end, right? This is in our best interests. Without the game between them this manga has nothing.

Dex-chan lover
Guys in the comment getting fired up for the author edging us for 45 chapters when rent a girlfriend frogs(I'm one of them) are at their 300d's chapters and the mf just learned about girl periods :kek:
Bro endure reading rent a shit, respect

Dex-chan lover
Relax guys . It's just chapter 45. Let the mangaka cook for a bit longer. :rolleyes: We have been through worse.
plxXL51.jpg[IMG]
This brings me back to the love Hina/ 100% ichigo days. There was a long time in manga/anime where the kiss/ confession was literally the end and that's it and these would be 200 something chapter's, Crazy how much times have changed xD.

Dex-chan lover
I'm on Yukiya, it's counterproductive to go in a relationship when you don't even like yourself. The fact you don't means your person, in your mind, is lacking. From your POV, you are not the person you want to be, so even if someone love you right now, they may not love the person you want to be. Don't waste other people's time, and don't waste your time either, because once you've become the person you want to be, you may not even have the same feelings as you had before. Once you're comfortable with yourself, that you're no longer plagued with so much doubts and uncertain of your future, then relationship is on the table. Before that, you should be too busy thinking of yourself and building yourself to worry about another.
By that logic, you're never ready for a relationship, unless you become a self-absorbed self-satisfied slob. Otherwise, you always have space to grow, and always try to change yourself.

Dex-chan lover
To anyone complaining- you do realize that once they get together for real the manga will end, right? This is in our best interests. Without the game between them this manga has nothing.
Your own profile picture is from a manga that goes on successfully for dozens of chapters after the protagonists get together.

Double-page supporter
Your own profile picture is from a manga that goes on successfully for dozens of chapters after the protagonists get together.
Well the manga my profile picture is from has a ton of appealing characteristics beyond the main "gimmick", and is one of the greatest manga of all time of its genre because of that. On the other hand this is just some random manga which doesn't have much going for it. What about this would be appealing after the protagonists get together? I will certainly be dropping it instantly once that happens. The characters have no personality beyond how the guy is extremely insecure which I, and seemingly a lot of people, despise.

Dex-chan lover
By that logic, you're never ready for a relationship, unless you become a self-absorbed self-satisfied slob. Otherwise, you always have space to grow, and always try to change yourself.
??? I don't know why you try to argue by taking what I said to the extreme when I said :

Once you're comfortable with yourself
Or
that you're no longer plagued with so much doubts and uncertain of your future
Never I have said you only need to look at yourself. But you certainly need to work on yourself.

Just look at the manga you're reading, you see Yukiya struggles with himself, how inferior he feels towards Miku who strived to better herself and succeeded, with how jealous he feels at the mere boy talking to Miku (ie chapter 40 or chapter 44). The lacking he has is gonna make his life difficult, by making him depressed about himself and potentially lash out at Miku due to his insecurity.

I don't know why you people are trying to argue against Yukiya to improve on himself before entering in a couple. He already exhibit insecurity, which may even exacerbate once he and Miku becomes a couple. Why risk it at all when he can just work on his issues. I also want to point out he only Miku and that other girl as friends, why is that? Because he is not sociable, those two girls are the only childhood friends Yukiya made, and cling to, because he never learned to make friends. This very issue actually weighs on his mind, because he doesn't know how to be sociable, those girls, though mostly Miku, are his entire world. His issues absolutely narrow his vision, making him believe there's only this path : Miku.

That's why I'm of the mind Yukiya should put Miku out of his mind, to say clearly to her he needs to work on himself, and not to wait for him. Once he deals with his issues, if his feelings for Miku remain and she is still willing/not with anyone else, then that's good. If not, it's not the end and because Yukiya strove to better himself, he won't go close himself, get depressed, he would simply move on and meet other people, and have a romantic adventure just as good as Yukiya/Miku was or even better.

Though I don't see this manga going that route anyway, it's all about Yukiya and Miku.

Dex-chan lover
He thought about it so much, and came to the conclusion she was just being nice, probably Canadian too

Dex-chan lover
The characters have no personality beyond how the guy is extremely insecure which I, and seemingly a lot of people, despise.
It'd be naive to argue that the secondary character cast of Kaguya is times more interesting; yet at the same time, the protagonists - Shirogane, in particular - aren't exactly the height of complexity there, either. So here as there, whether before or after they get together, it all burns down to being able to tell an engaging story with the characters as they are.

Dex-chan lover
Never I have said you only need to look at yourself. But you certainly need to work on yourself.
What you said - and continue saying in the post I am currently replying to, - is "it's preferable to first resolve your issues before entering a relationship".
But as already mentioned, you are never comprehensively "resolving your issues", unless you stop with any self-criticism. It's an endless process. Even if you succeed with fixing something about you that you don't like, to a degree - which is far from a given, - you will always be imperfect, and will always have things to work on.

Just look at the manga you're reading, you see Yukiya struggles with himself, how inferior he feels towards Miku who strived to better herself and succeeded
How her relationship with Yukiya is going aptly demonstrates that rather than "striving to better herself and succeeding", as if she's reached some predefined endpoint, she still has lots of work cut out for her in what comes to interpersonal interactions.

with how jealous he feels at the mere boy talking to Miku (ie chapter 40 or chapter 44).
The guy was 100% obviously hitting on her, which was absolutely evident to Miku and Yakiya both - and which is why she turned him down. So if anything, Yakiya had every reason to worry - actually, an obligation to worry, as he had promised Miku as much.

The lacking he has is gonna make his life difficult, by making him depressed about himself and potentially lash out at Miku due to his insecurity. I don't know why you people are trying to argue against Yukiya to improve on himself before entering in a couple. He already exhibit insecurity, which may even exacerbate once he and Miku becomes a couple.
Or perhaps his self-esteem issues soften in a loving relationship, as such things tend to.

Why risk it at all when he can just work on his issues.
Risk what? A potential relationship with a girl in love with him, which he is sure to ruin by denying her or dawdling? You miss 100% shots you do not take, and no one in the world is going to put their lives on pause to wait as you try to set your head straight (potentially never succeeding at that, to begin with, mind).
You admit as much yourself three lines below - so what's the risk, exactly, if one option gives a chance of success, while the other is a guaranteed failure?

I also want to point out he only Miku and that other girl as friends, why is that? Because he is not sociable, those two girls are the only childhood friends Yukiya made, and cling to, because he never learned to make friends. This very issue actually weighs on his mind, because he doesn't know how to be sociable, those girls, though mostly Miku, are his entire world.
Oh, he just has to make a bit of an effort and become sociable. A couple weeks will do for a trivial task like that.

If not, it's not the end and because Yukiya strove to better himself, he won't go close himself, get depressed, he would simply move on and meet other people, and have a romantic adventure just as good as Yukiya/Miku was or even better.
Right, cause losing a girl they're in love with will certainly not affect him in any way. Neither hamper any progress he might be making in changing himself.

Users who are viewing this thread