Akebi-chan no Sailor Fuku - Vol. 14 Ch. 77 - You're Gonna Change?

Supporter
Yes, but unlike the expectations of most/some westerns, yuri is not always about romantic girls love.
Seems like I have to be more bold to some people who reacted:
the term yuri in japanese not only means romantic girls love but it also could mean non romantic girls love or even just close girl friendship.

So, the english term/tag "Girls Love" is a bit missleading.

Dex-chan lover
the term yuri in japanese not only means romantic girls love but it also could mean non romantic girls love or even just close girl friendship.

And bitch means slut for them, so? Language is for your target audience not whoever came up with the term. Regardless, you can see the next chapter yourself and see how "not romantic" it is. The chapter is already out.

Supporter
And bitch means slut for them, so? Language is for your target audience not whoever came up with the term. Regardless, you can see the next chapter yourself and see how "not romantic" it is. The chapter is already out.
If you read Japaners manga than you have a hard time to explain to them, that you, as a westerner are not approving of their term of usage.

Or, in other words: NANI????

Who do you think the authot is writing for? His audienc are Japanese, so, just deal with it.

Supporter
I explained some general stuff, if this is romantic or not, and by the way, I read the next chapter already.

Dex-chan lover
insane chapter TTwTT
can't wait to see how that date would go

Supporter
If all of you stopped arguing and just joined the scanlation team or at least helped with something, maybe the chapter wouldn't take an extra month to be translated from the day it came out.
Well, I am thinking already about it, I am preparing. I can't translate but something will come up. I am in touch with some teams already (not this one)

Just read the chapter 78 raw and yep, ain’t no way that’s platonic! About time - Hiro’s been having Erika crush on Akebi since the beginning.

Regardless of whether anyone thinks it’s romantic or platonic or what, the story and artwork is just incredible. One of my favourite SOL.

Dex-chan lover
That doesn't mean, that gay people go into hibernating, they still exist and live a daily life. The even walk around in public.
Speak for yourself, I'm about to go into hibernation for the next 11 months right now

Dex-chan lover

It could mean something non romantic, but in the case of this manga it very obviously doesn't. This manga has been showing these two having more romantic feelings for each other for a while, and showing their relationship differently compared to Akebi's relationships with others. I don't see why there's a need to go "um actually yuri encompasses more than solely romantic relationships" other than to deny the very obviously romantic feelings the author has written for the characters.

Dex-chan lover
If you read Japaners manga than you have a hard time to explain to them, that you, as a westerner are not approving of their term of usage.

Or, in other words: NANI????

Who do you think the authot is writing for? His audienc are Japanese, so, just deal with it.
I don't even know what are you trying to say here. You are speaking to a "westerner" audience here. Whatever usage Japanese people have for yuri, gachiyuri, rezu, GL is absolutely irrelevant to our discussions here. Specially when this work doesn't have any tags whatsoever in its publisher's webpage. It's like saying we have to call The Simpsons an anime because that's how the Japanese use the word. Akebi is tagged Girl's love here because of how the people working on the series and the staff here feel is right for it. That's literally it.

You come off as a pretentious weeb who thinks they know better. I don't care if that wasn't your intention or not.

Group Leader
Well, I am thinking already about it, I am preparing. I can't translate but something will come up. I am in touch with some teams already (not this one)
Fucking finally. The author should have started pandering to you degenerate fetishists sooner. Preferably 4+ years ago when transitions were 20+ chapters behind.

Supporter
I don't even know what are you trying to say here. You are speaking to a "westerner" audience here. Whatever usage Japanese people have for yuri, gachiyuri, rezu, GL is absolutely irrelevant to our discussions here. Specially when this work doesn't have any tags whatsoever in its publisher's webpage. It's like saying we have to call The Simpsons an anime because that's how the Japanese use the word. Akebi is tagged Girl's love here because of how the people working on the series and the staff here feel is right for it. That's literally it.

You come off as a pretentious weeb who thinks they know better. I don't care if that wasn't your intention or not.
No, I do not know any better, that is exactly what I am talking about. I am not that ignorant, that I put my western definition expactations on a japanese work.

And that is all I do want to point out, just do not put your expectations and understandings on top of a different culture. That is annoying.
And that's all I know. I definitively do not know more about some foreign culture than others.
And if that is pretentious for you, well, that bothers me not the slightest.

Supporter
Fucking finally. The author should have started pandering to you degenerate fetishists sooner. Preferably 4+ years ago when transitions were 20+ chapters behind.
What exactly do you want?
I do know my limits, but I also do not want to just consume and complain so I somehow want to do my share.

But If you think, I could do some helping, send me a PM.

Supporter
no no, its too hot this summer, this gay (me) is very much in hibernation, lol.
Our summer is not worth the name this year, but better than the lack of rain the years befor. But this gay (me) is not healthy for a couple of months now so I am hibernating, too.

Dex-chan lover
No, I do not know any better, that is exactly what I am talking about. I am not that ignorant, that I put my western definition expactations on a japanese work.

And that is all I do want to point out, just do not put your expectations and understandings on top of a different culture. That is annoying.
And that's all I know. I definitively do not know more about some foreign culture than others.
And if that is pretentious for you, well, that bothers me not the slightest.
No one's saying that because this manga is labeled Girls' Love therefore the relationship between Akebi and Erika must be romantic, no one's putting expectations and understandings on other cultures here. It's not labeled as yuri on the actual publishing site so that part doesn't matter anyways, your second comment on this chapter was getting annoyed at nothing. People are saying they expect it to be romantic because the character interactions so far between Akebi and Erika have been very romantic.

Users who are viewing this thread