Akebi-chan no Sailor Fuku - Vol. 14 Ch. 77 - You're Gonna Change?

Dex-chan lover
Motherf- in every chapter I’ve been like, can this show make me more miserable and jealous of this family? And I did, splendidly, the author made me much more miserable than I was lol. Wished to had such happy family like this in my life but the chances now doesn’t seem so good I can’t lie

Supporter
No one's saying that because this manga is labeled Girls' Love therefore the relationship between Akebi and Erika must be romantic, no one's putting expectations and understandings on other cultures here. It's not labeled as yuri on the actual publishing site so that part doesn't matter anyways, your second comment on this chapter was getting annoyed at nothing. People are saying they expect it to be romantic because the character interactions so far between Akebi and Erika have been very romantic.
I often read comments like "this is only yuri-bait, ther is no romance" ... So, what do you expect. It is not relevant for me, but I do think, that something like that is disrespectful or just ignorant. That is, why I react.

Dex-chan lover
I often read comments like "this is only yuri-bait, ther is no romance" ... So, what do you expect. It is not relevant for me, but I do think, that something like that is disrespectful or just ignorant. That is, why I react.
Well I haven't noticed any of that really. Did a quick check over the last volume's comments and I only saw two people saying it, one being the person who initially commented here who wants it to be yuri bait, and the other being someone who has terrible opinions on what is and isn't yuri. Though yeah, I think the issue of contention is that you were countering that first person by saying yuri isn't always romantic (which is true), but the way you were saying it was really pretentious about how Japan labels things as yuri differently to the west (not really true, westerners are not a monolith and most know that yuri doesn't always mean romantic) and making assumptions about what the author's intent was (when it's not officially tagged as yuri), which got me/others to counter things you were saying.

Supporter
Well I haven't noticed any of that really. Did a quick check over the last volume's comments and I only saw two people saying it, one being the person who initially commented here who wants it to be yuri bait, and the other being someone who has terrible opinions on what is and isn't yuri. Though yeah, I think the issue of contention is that you were countering that first person by saying yuri isn't always romantic (which is true), but the way you were saying it was really pretentious about how Japan labels things as yuri differently to the west (not really true, westerners are not a monolith and most know that yuri doesn't always mean romantic) and making assumptions about what the author's intent was (when it's not officially tagged as yuri), which got me/others to counter things you were saying.
Well, I am a non english speaker so to be pretentious was not my intention and also because sometimes lacking of words I shorten things.
I just wanted to point something out, in general, not specific to this manga. Meaning, I also was not speaking of this authors intention. It all got just blown up and farer from the point I originally wanted to make.

BTW (this is intended as a joke): This is not only an english speaker site but an international site. Would be thinking that all people here are fluently in English and always be able to always express themself in a way they want to also something like "making assumptions"? ;)
But thanks for the feedback how it sounded.

Last edited:
Came across this manga today and binge read it. Had mixed feelings here and there but damn the relationship between these two is so sweet it made the manga 100x better 😊 wondering how people are denying that they love each other it’s pretty obvious it’s romantically..

Dex-chan lover
Came across this manga today and binge read it. Had mixed feelings here and there but damn the relationship between these two is so sweet it made the manga 100x better 😊 wondering how people are denying that they love each other it’s pretty obvious it’s romantically..
I just binged it as well. 10/10! I could see the yuri aspect going either way, honestly. Komichi is a very loving person who leads with her heart. "Everything I looked forward to turned out to be something special." Her mother also just noted that she was the type of person who thinks a lot about others and so I see her as someone who will easily develop platonic and romantic love ("special" feelings) for others. She is also 12/13 years old and so that boundary between platonic and romantic love being blurry would not really be surprising, especially for a first love.

That said, there are some pretty obvious yuri pairings being set up (Mai & Oshizu; the volleyball girls), so Erika & Komichi also pairing up would not exactly be shocking. But despite progress beyond what's translated, the tone of the series is far far from a main couple romance. A coming of age setting in an all girls school allows a pretty broad scope for interpreting the feelings of first love, so I don't see a problem with people interpreting it how they like, either way. We are never going to see more than hand-holding, chaste-kissing, and "I like you" anyway, no matter how it turns out.

Users who are viewing this thread