Akuninzura shita B-kyuu Boukensha: Shujinkou to Sono Osananajimi-tachi no Papa ni Naru - Vol. 1 Ch. 3.1 - Buying the Grey House (1)

Dex-chan lover
Why would the Valkyries sell him the house that cheap (even paying for half)? Why would they even think he would want their house? It's not known to anyone that he is taking care of the kids, he always goes solo as an adventurer, they weren't asking him to take the house, so it comes across as an odd contrivance.

When he was about to buy the house I thought "Oh, they're going to think he is a creep who bought the house previously used only by women (because of Grey's reputation)", but then she said "They said they'll pay half, if Grey buys it" - even if they're friendly with grey, why would they think he wants the house?
If you really want to know, the webnovel is being translated and is far ahead. At least for now there isn't anything that is really different between the manga and the webnovel.

Dex-chan lover
Why would the Valkyries sell him the house that cheap (even paying for half)? Why would they even think he would want their house? It's not known to anyone that he is taking care of the kids, he always goes solo as an adventurer, they weren't asking him to take the house, so it comes across as an odd contrivance.

When he was about to buy the house I thought "Oh, they're going to think he is a creep who bought the house previously used only by women (because of Grey's reputation)", but then she said "They said they'll pay half, if Grey buys it" - even if they're friendly with grey, why would they think he wants the house?
Gray used to be in a party with the leaders of the Valkyries but they parted ways due to wanting different things as adventurers. They made the Valkyries and rose to prominence so they got a bigger guild house and decided to pay for half of the price of their old house if Gray decided to make a party of his own and needed a guild house. Also the leader kinda has the hots for him.

Dex-chan lover
If you really want to know, the webnovel is being translated and is far ahead. At least for now there isn't anything that is really different between the manga and the webnovel.
Where do you find the translated web novel? I can't seem to find it. NovelUpdates only has the events up to the first few pages of Chapter 2.

Dex-chan lover
It's baaaaack! :meguupog:

Thank you for the translation as well. Is this gonna be released now on a weekly basis? In chapter 2 there was a note that it will now be a weekly released weekly from chapter 3 onward.

Double-page supporter
All of those questions shall be answered in coming chapters, if the quality of writing (dialogue, characters, etc) is kept consistent. I, for one, don't crave a shit-ton of exposition crammed down at once. It would wreck the flow of everything. Not everything has to be explained right then and there, just like in novels, movies and other forms of media.

Anyways, I think this manga has impressed me with some of the best writing I've seen. It's not unusual to just shovel events and shit haphazardly on the pages, because the bar to getting published is so damn low.
If you arent, you should read: https://mangadex.org/title/a220cb1c...-boukensha-wo-hajimeru-no-wa-sonna-ni-okashii

It’s another fantasy manga that gives plot time to breathe and does exposition very organically.

For this one there are strong themes of how people react to Grey, whether they just have shallow impressions or are impacted by his actions. So pretty much implied the Valkyries have seen him in action and been impressed by his character. Which is a lot of ladies so far in the manga that have been doki doki at this hunk before he steps up as a single father and demonstrates extreme husband material. I don’t think its gonna be harem, but these kids are gonna have a lot of friendly aunts to dote on them while the ladies try to get a ring on daddy.

Contributor
as Rheeve said,

the receptionist said "Come back" (カムバック) instead of using Japanese
I wonder how to properly convey the joke
some TLs usually just put different font or put a note saying that she said it in "English"
because not everyone knows what Modotte-kite means.
Oh my god I think that's even stupider than if it had been untranslation. Japanese-speakers speaking Japanized English is not even remotely the same thing as saying Japanese in English. “カムバック” is simply another (albeit somewhat rare) way of saying “come back” in Japanese. It's not English!!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread