Akuninzura Shita B-kyuu Boukensha: Shujinkou to Sono Osananajimi-tachi no Papa ni Naru - Vol. 1 Ch. 3.1 - Buying the Grey House (1)

Dex-chan lover
im suddenly full from all this sugar and u can feel the warmth from my heart

Dex-chan lover
Oh hell yes.

Hittin' all the right spots here.

Super-adorable kids.

Sweet and loving older brothers and sisters.

A man who is truly a man amongst men (because only a true man would think those kids are worth protecting).

Said man performing Mortal Kombat style BRUTALITY's on the scum that wants to enslave those kids.

And maybe even a harem in the offing... Valkyrie paying for half of a house for him? He better be careful or else those kids are gonna suddenly get a whole bunch of little brothers and sisters! :meguu:

Dex-chan lover
giphy.gif

Wholesomeness straight into my veins

Dex-chan lover
Why would the Valkyries sell him the house that cheap (even paying for half)? Why would they even think he would want their house? It's not known to anyone that he is taking care of the kids, he always goes solo as an adventurer, they weren't asking him to take the house, so it comes across as an odd contrivance.

When he was about to buy the house I thought "Oh, they're going to think he is a creep who bought the house previously used only by women (because of Grey's reputation)", but then she said "They said they'll pay half, if Grey buys it" - even if they're friendly with grey, why would they think he wants the house?

Dex-chan lover
...Modotte-kite?

as Rheeve said,
Either weaboo translation or kept as an indication of the receptionist getting confused and stressed into going broken english.

the receptionist said "Come back" (カムバック) instead of using Japanese
I wonder how to properly convey the joke
some TLs usually just put different font or put a note saying that she said it in "English"
because not everyone knows what Modotte-kite means

Dex-chan lover
Why would the Valkyries sell him the house that cheap (even paying for half)? Why would they even think he would want their house? It's not known to anyone that he is taking care of the kids, he always goes solo as an adventurer, they weren't asking him to take the house, so it comes across as an odd contrivance.

When he was about to buy the house I thought "Oh, they're going to think he is a creep who bought the house previously used only by women (because of Grey's reputation)", but then she said "They said they'll pay half, if Grey buys it" - even if they're friendly with grey, why would they think he wants the house?
All of those questions shall be answered in coming chapters, if the quality of writing (dialogue, characters, etc) is kept consistent. I, for one, don't crave a shit-ton of exposition crammed down at once. It would wreck the flow of everything. Not everything has to be explained right then and there, just like in novels, movies and other forms of media.

Anyways, I think this manga has impressed me with some of the best writing I've seen. It's not unusual to just shovel events and shit haphazardly on the pages, because the bar to getting published is so damn low.

Users who are viewing this thread