Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa UraBoss desu ga Maou de wa Arimasen - Vol. 4 Ch. 19

Fed-Kun's army
I heard everyone die including Patrick in LN/WN is that correct?
Spoilers:

WN: I didnt read this personally but I heard Alicia and her harem dies except for the prince. I dont know what happens to Patrick here.

LN: They all survived but is punished by the king except for the prince. Patrick was not involved with dealing the Demon lord directly here so he's fine. When Yumiella was stabbed by Alicia and the harem, the prince argued and said Yumiella didn't do anything wrong. Alicia has no interest in improving herself and she becomes even more pathetic later on in the LN version.

Manga: Its still ongoing but Alicia is much more sympathetic here as she is trying to improve herself. The author said Alicia the manga version is different by calling her a good girl while his version is a comedic version. I wouldnt call her comedic when she tried to defeat Yumiella twice in novel though.

Contributor
Nooo last chapter was one step forward and here's at least one step back for romantic progress... :notlikethis:

"Even if you suddenly became level one today, I'd still be here."
Nice try. That was super smooth, Patrick, but unfortunately for him her defense is also black hole dense: she'll just enjoy grinding back to level 99 being the hardcore gamer she is. Maybe he should've replied "then allow me to level with you when that happens" or something. Keep trying!

Eleonora's flunkies are literal flunkies who flunk their tests? Who'da thunk it. Actually smart move telling Eleonora to associate history facts with Edwin so she can learn better. It actually worked.

Spoilers:

WN: I didnt read this personally but I heard Alicia and her harem dies except for the prince. I dont know what happens to Patrick here.

LN: They all survived but is punished by the king except for the prince. Patrick was not involved with dealing the Demon lord directly here so he's fine. When Yumiella was stabbed by Alicia and the harem, the prince argued and said Yumiella didn't do anything wrong. Alicia has no interest in improving herself and she becomes even more pathetic later on in the LN version.

Manga: Its still ongoing but Alicia is much more sympathetic here as she is trying to improve herself. The author said Alicia the manga version is different by calling her a good girl while his version is a comedic version. I wouldnt call her comedic when she tried to defeat Yumiella twice in novel though.
Sounds like I need to switch over to the LN. I read volume 1 for the WN, and it was rather disappointing. Really looking forward to the manga since the story seems to get improvements with each iteration

Patrick is fine in the WN. At least as far as the demon lord encounter goes, I can't speak for anything that happens later. He does not go with them and Yumiella is with him at the beginning of volume 2.

The whole demon lord and attempt to kill Yumiella was so rushed. Even if Alicia isn't the greatest character, it comes out of no where. And to attack inside the demon lord castle, before they fight the demon lord? Just want kind of plan is this? At least kill her before getting to the castle if you aren't going to utilize her for the big fight. On top of that, the other two betrayers are just footnotes for the whole encounter. Well, I suppose the WN is rough all around.

I suspect the goal was to write a story where big events, such as the demon lord stuff, mostly happened in the background and had little impact on Yumiella. The problem was there wasn't much a thruline without it. I think the story with Patrick was supposed to be the main plot for the Yumiella focus, but it still lacked some meat for it be comparable to the return of the demon lord.

Fed-Kun's army
Sounds like I need to switch over to the LN. I read volume 1 for the WN, and it was rather disappointing. Really looking forward to the manga since the story seems to get improvements with each iteration

Patrick is fine in the WN. At least as far as the demon lord encounter goes, I can't speak for anything that happens later. He does not go with them and Yumiella is with him at the beginning of volume 2.

The whole demon lord and attempt to kill Yumiella was so rushed. Even if Alicia isn't the greatest character, it comes out of no where. And to attack inside the demon lord castle, before they fight the demon lord? Just want kind of plan is this? At least kill her before getting to the castle if you aren't going to utilize her for the big fight. On top of that, the other two betrayers are just footnotes for the whole encounter. Well, I suppose the WN is rough all around.

I suspect the goal was to write a story where big events, such as the demon lord stuff, mostly happened in the background and had little impact on Yumiella. The problem was there wasn't much a thruline without it. I think the story with Patrick was supposed to be the main plot for the Yumiella focus, but it still lacked some meat for it be comparable to the return of the demon lord.
Honestly the LN of the Alicia and her harem is still half baked and the author even admits to this. In the LN, Alicia and the two harems stabbed Yumiella because they wanted credit for taking down the demon lord. Of course Yumiella didnt intend to take credit in the 1st place. The King and Yumiella made up the story is that the Prince and Yumiella took down the demon lord and the rest are critically injured. The real story is that Yumiella killed the Demonlord and Yumiella requested Alicia and her two harems to be confined because they might be executed. The author regretted how half-baked Alicia develop so much that he brought her back in the 4th volume as a petty character. So far the manga and the anime made Alicia more earnest and I am hoping they dont do her dirty.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly the LN of the Alicia and her harem is still half baked and the author even admits to this. In the LN, Alicia and the two harems stabbed Yumiella because they wanted credit for taking down the demon lord. Of course Yumiella didnt intend to take credit in the 1st place. The King and Yumiella made up the story is that the Prince and Yumiella took down the demon lord and the rest are critically injured. The real story is that Yumiella killed the Demonlord and Yumiella requested Alicia and her two harems to be confined because they might be executed. The author regretted how half-baked Alicia develop so much that he brought her back in the 4th volume as a petty character. So far the manga and the anime made Alicia more earnest and I am hoping they dont do her dirty.
Perhaps it could be justified
having Alicia react more to the two powerhouse dark magic users overwhelms her light-magic senses and mind? So she attacks but out of instinct and not malice.

Abolish Harems
Staff
Developer
F... And I was so happy last chapter. How could they lie to us like that. I thought there would be progress, but nooo.
Well it ain't gonna turn into a romcom, but you can clearly see how Yumiella avoids the subject for her own sake. She knows that she likes him (when she said "I'll just level back up" she looked to the side, because she took quite an impact from Patrick's words), it's just she's not the character to act like a maiden in love.

Dex-chan lover
Ok, i have to post this because having read LN 1-4, P11 is absurdly frustrating. It legitimately breaks coherency of the story retroactively as a whole with one panel. Note: the Rabbit Jumped Over the Moon i use to refer to LN Book 4 and Fatebreaker to book 3.

We see Goddess of Destruction Yumellia who appears in the climax of The Rabbit Jumped Over the Moon. what this means is that Fatebreaker has been read by Nokomi, which means they know about Lemn the God of Darkness and Sanon the Goddess of Light and Eleanora's Yandere Girlfriend, and that Eleanora is the reincarnation of the Saintess.

Lemn is trying to kill Yumellia, but since shes physically stronger then him and none of his offensive spells can hurt her, hes stalking her by living inside her shadow and watching to ambush her in a moment of weakness. If Alicia was able to see Yumellia's power as a projected aura, then Lemn should have been a second set of eyes against the floor emiting a similarly large black glow, since hes actually always visible as a second shadow.

Sanon, the Goddess of Light, loves the original Saintess and her death to bind the Demon King left her with depression. She also can hear all of humanity's prayers at all times, and she can recall every person in detail shes ever witnessed or been prayed to by. Shes also madly in love with the creativity, sincerity, and purity of Eleanora's prayers, which she describes as indistinguishable from the Saintess'. Further she cant visually differentiate Eleanora from the Saintess. And gods can see the magical aptitudes of people, meaning Eleanora is a lvl 1 light mage, EXACTLY like Alicia.

Since we only learn this in the LN version of Fatebreaker, i had assumed that Nokomi had not read Fatebreaker or The Rabbit. having GoD Yumellia as a smash panel background means they just havent been thinking through the complexities of their art

And even so, she still isn't the ditzy-est character in the story.
Edgelord isnt a ditz (yet), shes just been broken, smashed, pulverized, and pounded into obsidian powder. As we will see, Edgelord is as badly, if not even worse off then a regular Yumellia emotionally. And this is the heroic dolkness.

Fed-Kun's army
Ahh this was super cute! Everyone learns differently so I'm happy she was able to find a way that suits her!!

Dex-chan lover
I doubt it needs to be said considering how many manga about villainess there are, but once you take away the plot devices that work against them they are usually just adorable puppies.

The heroine is usually the direct cause of them becoming or being seen as bad/evil. That tells you something about the writing some otome games have....

I duno why yumi likes telling people how to become lv 99. Wasn't her goal to avoid being killed? If she keeps telling people who hate her how to reach her stats, then they'll eventually be parties of lv 99s who wana kill her.
Also weird that the party in the video game reaches lv 60-70 to defeat the demon lord in their teens, but Yumi training for a few years reaches level 99. What the hell are the adults doing in this world?

Aggregator gang
I duno why yumi likes telling people how to become lv 99. Wasn't her goal to avoid being killed? If she keeps telling people who hate her how to reach her stats, then they'll eventually be parties of lv 99s who wana kill her.
Also weird that the party in the video game reaches lv 60-70 to defeat the demon lord in their teens, but Yumi training for a few years reaches level 99. What the hell are the adults doing in this world?
what are they doing? inefficient levelling methods however take into account that yumiella's method of leveling is considered borderline insane and suicidal (she play it like a ironman mode run of a game). she essentially dungeon delves solo and kills everything w/o their standard protection charms to the point of potentially losing limbs (which has actually happened which she mentions). she also has the advantage of having both CC, damage, and healing (to the point of regrowing lost limbs which is pretty OP) in her rare magic type meaning its actually less dangerous for her than most other magic types. this type of leveling method also doesn't seem to be suitable for wide scale use considering the amount of time/resources you need to spend on a single individual.
There is however as far as i'm aware 2 other people to reach this peak and they are her husband, Patrick and her alt timeline self (original Yumiella, not a reincarnated one)
TLDR the main training methods/leveling methods are very inefficient but so much safer.

what are they doing? inefficient levelling methods however take into account that yumiella's method of leveling is considered borderline insane and suicidal (she play it like a ironman mode run of a game). she essentially dungeon delves solo and kills everything w/o their standard protection charms to the point of potentially losing limbs (which has actually happened which she mentions). she also has the advantage of having both CC, damage, and healing (to the point of regrowing lost limbs which is pretty OP) in her rare magic type meaning its actually less dangerous for her than most other magic types. this type of leveling method also doesn't seem to be suitable for wide scale use considering the amount of time/resources you need to spend on a single individual.
There is however as far as i'm aware 2 other people to reach this peak and they are her husband, Patrick and her alt timeline self (original Yumiella, not a reincarnated one)
TLDR the main training methods/leveling methods are very inefficient but so much safer.

Yeah but when you are like 20 years old and around level 30, I feel like you can start grinding the same dungeon to level 99 faster than an 8 year old starting at level 1. Also the kingdom has had a history of dark mages who have her powers so there should be adult dark mages running around who can solo dungeons all day. Especially when dungeon farming gives you loot to sell so its even an occupation.

I dont know what happens in the book, but I assume that its just that kingdom whose behind with the whole being attacked by the demonlord for some reason and that all the smart people were like Yumi and jumped ship for a better country. But then they introduced that other countries were also pining for Yumi for being level 99 so I dunno.

Contributor
So the anime concluded with a different ending compared to the first volume of the LN. They change Alice to be a good girl controlled by the game ruleset while in reality she is the true villainess since she is stabbing Yumiella in the back by her own will. Disappointed with the anime change but if they have decided to stop the adaption here is ok i guess as a finale.

But since the anime is no more with this fake ending, i guess the manga is the only adaption left, unless you read the original novels of course.

Users who are viewing this thread