Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa UraBoss desu ga Maou de wa Arimasen - Vol. 4 Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for chap
NOOOOO, WE'RE BACK TO SQUARE 1...

I swear at this rate unless patrick gets pursued or something she'll never get her feelings. (What's more annoying is her thinking is justified)

Dex-chan lover
she's opened a door that should've stayed closed.

The title makes you think this is a power-trip isekai story. She's the strongest person in the world, but her worst enemies are her own misunderstandings, complete lack of common sense, and wrong assumptions. How many other isekai "strongest in the world" stories would actually go there?

And even so, she still isn't the ditzy-est character in the story.

the time between chapters puts poor Patrick back into the friendzone!

Dex-chan lover
Don't get your hopes up with the protag girl...
(Unless the manga goes a different route.)
Honestly, I do really think they might end up going a different route, because
at present, the way the heroine has been characterized as reaching out to Yumellia despite her terror and despite the fact that the idiot squad are clearly badmouthing Yumellia to her, it would make more sense for her to be the survivor of the group, while the prince, who IIRC was described as having been more sympathetic towards Yumellia in the novel, has been the one who's most aggressive in keeping Alicia away from her and generally being a massive asshole to her, seems more like the type who would try and backstab Yumellia while trying to subjugate the demon king. Unless there's some big incident yet to happen that would invert these two's reactions towards her, their actions at the end of the story really don't make sense with the way the manga has been treating them so far.

On top of that, I also think that given Alicia is actively being prevented from improving herself as she clearly wants to by these knuckleheads, who refuse to treat her as a peer who can handle herself and instead coddle and shelter her and badmouth people even with benign intentions to her, while the prince is one of the people doing this to her because he can't stop waving his dick around, I feel like it would leave a bitter taste in my mouth for Alicia to become the villain while the Prince gets redeemed, for lack of a better word.

Btw, my memory might not be the most accurate.

Dex-chan lover
I knew Eumilia was going to be emotionally stupid, so I guess Patrick will have to prove time and time again that Eumelia loves him

Dex-chan lover
As annoying as it is for a romance manga, she DOES make a solid point about her isolation affecting her feelings. He's the only one she could depend on so of course she would feel differently about him than others. That might not be a good thing to base a long term relationship on that might lead to things like marriage and children
Loner when an opposite sex talk to you nicely.

Dex-chan lover
So they backtracked a little bit.

Well that's fine, it's still...unexpected in it's own way, and I enjoy that.

BTW, the realization of her feelings had jumped ahead vs the novel, so this is just kind of tamping it back to match again. And it's being done a whole lot better too, either way.

Dex-chan lover
I love on how she just casually tell Patrick about her love and Patrick not understand it at all XD

Users who are viewing this thread