Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa UraBoss desu ga Maou de wa Arimasen - Vol. 4 Ch. 19

Dex-chan lover
How this this got an anime adaptation? Like seriously, this is like the filler I read in between the fillers between the biweekly/monthly good stuff. I'm not a novel reader, so I can't say it gets better in the future, but it's pretty lackluster
Read the light novel, this manga is abysmally slow. Like now it's abit over half of the first book.

Unhinged Eumilia is hilarious, especially in book 2 when she no longer reserved to Patrick

Dex-chan lover
Yep, especially for Patrick since he would have to tard wrangle her 24/7
He's already gray-haired, I can see him going full white from the stress by the end of the year when dealing with the black hole (heh)-tier dense Yumiella.
As the person who already have genetically white hair and then adding stress. I see this as a absulote win

Dex-chan lover
Quite a nice find, someone with the desire to learn, even though they have issues with it.

Been trying to figure out the best approach to get someone to learn. Best I can figure, it is about reaching an emotional state where they don't have to think about doing other things. No anxiety about things not done, then they can directly concern themselves with the material needed.

Otherwise, it is about creating a situation where the information is needed to resolve some problem and force them to scan for the information.

The latter can't be as solid of a foundation, without a lot of problems and wasted time.

Dex-chan lover
Noooooo!

We are so close to achieve greatness.

Boo! Author bait!

Well well well, unexpected yuri development.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Poor Yumiella. She doesn't have many friends to begin with, yet one of the few is so needy and troublesome.

Patrick might not mind a marriage and children with her, though. So, it could be a good thing. I doubt she will find a better man, anyway.
On the plus side, she knows that Eleneor doesn't have a scheming bone in her body so she can actually trust her.

As annoying as it is for a romance manga, she DOES make a solid point about her isolation affecting her feelings. He's the only one she could depend on so of course she would feel differently about him than others. That might not be a good thing to base a long term relationship on that might lead to things like marriage and children
i hate that you have a point there fuck it

How this this got an anime adaptation? Like seriously, this is like the filler I read in between the fillers between the biweekly/monthly good stuff. I'm not a novel reader, so I can't say it gets better in the future, but it's pretty lackluster
I got tired of waiting and read through volume 1... just now. I can't say volume 1 is particular great, if you don't enjoy all the side antics. It really seems like a world building book with a plot that should have fleshed out over multiple books if so many characters were going to be introduced. There are half-a-dozen things that could have been stand-alone stories themselves. That said, I expect the manga to handle the key parts of the plot from volume 1 a lot better, just based at how it's been doing everything else. Additionally, it is my understanding the series really starts to shine sometime in volume 2 going forward. It's just that with only monthly releases, it will be at least 2 years before the manga gets there!

Dex-chan lover
Alicia has got it rough -- all harem, no friends. The MC's menacing aura, with whom she has shared maybe hundreds of words, seems to be the closest things she has to a friend and the harem nips that relationship in the bud every time it shows up, just as they seem to do with every other opportunity she has for growth.

Users who are viewing this thread