Akuyaku Reijou Level 99: Watashi wa UraBoss desu ga Maou de wa Arimasen - Vol. 4 Ch. 20

Dex-chan lover
Wait, the anime changed Alicia, too? Howso? I'm fine with spoilers.
Another LN(?) reader here since I started writing before I saw other answers...

Original Alicia is increasingly aggressive until she's a stock villainess. Her decline is too fast and irrational to make sense without an outside force like a system or brain damage. The role swap is a good concept, but her character development is brief and nonsensical. Her whole arc, though you already saw other spoilers I guess, is to go from the coddled naive girl to a criminally insane backstabbing traitor without many steps between.

After Alicia is set aside, the second arc doesn't have conflict that feels genuinely threatening like discrimination, the game quest, and Alicia did. I'm sure it gets better, (Alicia get's revived? Why? She's stagnant as a pile of hate. That's not better.) but I dropped it.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Well, they changed the ending and the Alicia personality, she is clearly the true villainess toward Yumiella, she instulted calling her a small fry,

and also back stabbed her with the light dagger

, but in the anime she is controlled by the system so she play innocent. Is odd that the author is fine with thesechanges.

That's why i doubt there will be more seasons, but of course i can be wrong.
yo put that in a spoiler

Abolish Harems
Staff
Developer
Lol, just shooting randomly and Ryuu likes that.

With the manga adding its own bits, and the anime getting a different ending for volume 1. I honestly don't know where the story is heading for the manga.
Anime was good, but ending bits were funny to see (not funny themselves). They were following the novels till like episode 8/9 then went "we won't finish volume 1 by 12, fuck it. All original from here."

Thanks for the TL
The author has posted on Twitter that they hope people will enjoy both versions, as the manga adaptation will follow a different storytelling (in agreement by both the editorial dept. and the author of the light novel).

Dex-chan lover
Lol, just shooting randomly and Ryuu likes that.

With the manga adding its own bits, and the anime getting a different ending for volume 1. I honestly don't know where the story is heading for the manga.
Anime was good, but ending bits were funny to see (not funny themselves). They were following the novels till like episode 8/9 then went "we won't finish volume 1 by 12, fuck it. All original from here."

Thanks for the TL
Ohhh

I was so confused. So it's like what happened to FMA. I didn't mind the anime diverging from the manga. I think it's interesting to have two different paths. I hope they make something like FMAB though

Fed-Kun's army
Ohhh

I was so confused. So it's like what happened to FMA. I didn't mind the anime diverging from the manga. I think it's interesting to have two different paths. I hope they make something like FMAB though
The outcomes are the same but I think the author obviously wanted to write Alicia out or have her interaction as minimal as possible in later volumes. If there a new season, I think it can still go on because the future volumes isn't focus on Alicia anyways.

I heard the Web Novel had Alicia died by having her neck snapped and 2 harems killed. When she came back in later volumes in the LN, a new character could have easily of taken that role of insulting Yumeilla that made her flex her power that almost destroyed a whole city.

Fed-Kun's army
I thought the anime was fine and a bit rushed at the end but after seeing the spoilers for the LN in this thread i think i came to enjoy the animanga adaptation more lol

Dex-chan lover
Another LN reader here since I started writing before I saw other answers...

Original Alicia is increasingly aggressive until she's a stock villainess. Her decline is too fast and irrational to make sense without an outside force like a system or brain damage. The role swap is a good concept, but her character development is brief and nonsensical. Her whole arc, though you already saw other spoilers I guess, is to go from the coddled naive girl to a criminally insane backstabbing traitor without many steps between.

After Alicia is set aside, the second arc doesn't have conflict that feels genuinely threatening like discrimination, the game quest, and Alicia did. I'm sure it gets better, (Alicia get's revived? Why? She's stagnant as a pile of hate. That's not better.) but I dropped it.
No, I know about the Web Novel version, I was asking how did the LN/Anime change Alicia, since the WN version was a straight up villain, and the manga version seems a sweet girl for now. I haven't seen/read either. Unless I misunderstood something.

Dex-chan lover
With the manga adding its own bits, and the anime getting a different ending for volume 1. I honestly don't know where the story is heading for the manga
Is anime ahead of manga?
Can you compare anime vs manga too. I don't read novel

*edit: Sorry, I don't read comment first. I'ts clear now after bunch of spoiler

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I think I love the anime ending more than the LN. because Alice can still redeem herself after she gets punished for stabbing Yumiela

Dex-chan lover
Long time enjoyer of the light novels here... Personally I like what the anime did with Alicia better. And so does the author. In the afterword at the end of Volume 4 of the LN the author talks about how looking back on it they really didn't like how they wrote the original Alicia character. It was improved on in the light novel compared to the web novel, but they still didn't feel like there was enough depth to the character. That afterword in volume 4 indicates that the author felt much better about how Alicia turned out in the manga, compared to the light novel. The anime wasn't a thing yet at the time, but given the above info, I'm pretty sure the author themself was behind the changes to her character in the anime. Alicia seems way more like a real person in the anime, who, when presented with evidence that the person they're uncomfortable about really is a decent person, will begin to open up to them. The light novel version of Alicia was an uncaring bigot who irrationally continued to hate Yumiella long after the idiot prince of all people had even gotten friendly with Yumi. The only time the heroine of an otome game isekai acting like that actually makes sense is when the heroine character is also isekaied, and they're pissed that the game isn't progressing the way it's supposed to. But Alicia was never established as being reincarnated, so that doesn't make sense.

Dex-chan lover
Call me back when the manga already past what's i see on the anime. And yes, i read the LN too. 2 volume of them. I can't finish the 3rd because honestly the writing isn't good. . The author just wrote boring paragraph after boring paragraphs i just can't continue. .

Users who are viewing this thread